Aussie Vs US models 08- Mtbr.com

May 2006

Aussie Vs US models 08

just wanted to no why they have diff specs for diff regions of the world e.g they have dhx 4.0 on there reign 1 but we have crossmax on our tires.. in addition is there any drawbacks to each component spec or is both speced out roughly the same just diff brands, cause i might order the us model, the stroker seems nice but avids have never failed me... anyway thx guys

I AM I AM
    I don't think giant has one big head office that designs a range of bikes and distributes them world wide. Instead they would have several (Giant Australia, Giant USA etc) who probably work together as a whole but also tailor the products to their specific market in the region they represent.

As a good example look at the sport range, Australia has the Alias whereas US doesn't.

So it's not so much that they are trying to provide less value for money, it's purely doing the colours and the spec that they think will sell better in that region. I suppose another example is the fact that in the past US has always had Trance / Reign frame sets available whereas here in Oz we didn't.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Plus the fact that Dirtworks have only just started bringing in the Hayes Stroker over here might affect their availability.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    looking at reign0 and trance x0 i personally prefer the aus spec to the us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Looks like we are only getting the Reign 0 and 1 here in Aus as well, no RRP up yet, hope the Reign 1 is under 3K, not sure about the colour though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny
    Looks like we are only getting the Reign 0 and 1 here in Aus as well, no RRP up yet, hope the Reign 1 is under 3K, not sure about the colour though.
    Ordered a trance xo today for $4300 au arives in three weeks.

mtbr member
    yea i was wondering the same, and in AU they have a glory hd 1 where as here in the US we only have the glory DH. both US and AU glorys have very different specs. but o well what you gonna do?
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    just noticed the aussie glory comes with a fox 40 with a Ti spring in it already. damn im so jealous haha wtf
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTitan
    but o well what you gonna do?
    Move to Australia?

I guess to answer the original question - there's different specced bikes, cause it's a different market. I imagine some buildup is done here in Aus by Giant staff, and the rest at bike stores. There are local managers in each region speccing bikes, and they get to choose what they want, and how much to sell it for.

The 08 Anthem 0 in Australia is heaps cheaper than USA - yet similarly specced. So, I've ordered one.

Members who have read this thread: 0