mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Anyone running a bash or chain guide on a Reign?

I just got the call from the shop. I will be the owner of a Reign in less than a week. I had been running a bash guard on my NRS instead of a big ring. I never missed it on the NRS, even when I went up to the mountains. Most of the riding I do is singletrack. On the plus side, I get a little more clearance and never have to worry about the chain dropping. On the minus side, I lose the high end gearing (which I really didn't miss). Is anyone else running a bash or chainguide. Most of the posts I am seeing the Reigns all have the big ring. What to do?

I am most interested in the DRS from e.13. The DRS allows you to run a small and middle ring. I checked with e.13, the DRS only needs a slight modificatin to work on the Reign. Does anyone know what BB to use with the DRS on a Reign? I have both octalink XT 113 and 118.

mtbr member

Bash

I run a bash just a cheap FSA unit never missed the top ring but i dont do epics just like to play in the woods.

Motion activated
    FWIW the Reign has less pedal bob in the big ring, so it's nice to have it when you want to sprint DH.
    Last edited by Steve71; 08-02-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

I live to bike
    yes. I run a bash guard instead of the big ring.

In exile
    I run a bash and never had a dropped chain. I would try a bash ring and no DRS just yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0