Anyone 6'7"+ riding a Trance?- Mtbr.com
    T

Anyone 6'7"+ riding a Trance?

I tried this in the clydesdale/tall forum first, but got no responses.

I just test rode a '07 20" frame. I know I need the 22" frame (being 6'9"), but I really liked the ride. The new '08s are looking really sweet too, so I am considering either the Trance or new Trance X for my next purchase. Just curious if anyone of similar height is riding one and how it fits.

Thanks for any replies.

do-a-wheelie
    I'm not quite as tall, but I've seen some folks close to your height fit the 22". The 22" is about as big as stock bikes get. some might be a few mm longer or taller in the head tube, but not much. Head tube length is real important for tall guys as it determines how far below the saddle the handlebars are. The 22" has a 6.9" headtube. Much longer and a stock fork no longer fits anyway.

I would get on a 22" and put the saddle at the right height (your leg is fully extended when your heel is on the pedal at the bottom of the pedal stroke gets you close).

If you are not past the max limit, I would say you should be good to go. Likely you will need a 135 mm stem with some rise (10-15 degrees) and a handle bar with 2-3" of rise to get it perfect.

basically if the 22" doesn't work for you, you need to get a custom bike, and likely need to get a custom fork too with a longer steerer tube.

T
    Thanks for the response wheelie.

Based off of the 20" I rode, I think I will be pushing the max saddle height on the stock post to get the length I need. I am definitely going to search for a 22" to check the fit, but have had no luck so far.

I have looked at custom bikes, but they are a little too expensive for now.

Members who have read this thread: 0