mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Anthem and/or Tance BB ht.

Has anyone seen the BB ht. for the Anthem and the Trance.? I can't find these anywhere. Thanks,

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    About 13.25" for the Trance.

mtbr member
    Wishful thinking unfortunately, more like 12.5" for the Trance without taking SAG into consideration and running a 115mm REBA.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPCN
    About 13.25" for the Trance.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Wishful thinking unfortunately, more like 12.5" for the Trance without taking SAG into consideration and running a 115mm REBA.
    What wishing. I measured it, my Trance, with a friggin ruler. Ground to the center of the BB. 100mm fork. Sounds like you are measuring to the bottom of the BB.

mtbr member
    Yeh I am, but what sense does it make to measure to the centre of the BB, that's not where's gona hit and if that's the "normal" place to measure to it's stupid since it isn't what people are really asking about when they think BB height - I want to know how tall the part is that's gona hit that log/rock/obstacle in the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPCN
    What wishing. I measured it, my Trance, with a friggin ruler. Ground to the center of the BB. 100mm fork. Sounds like you are measuring to the bottom of the BB.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    Everything is always center to center. BB, wheelbase, chainstay length, TT, etc. This is an industry standard so everyone is on the same page.

The BB will not be what you hit first. The chain rings will hit first. Therefore if ground clearance is your important measurement then quote that. Realistically the BB hieght is all you need to compare bikes against each other since they all have 42 tooth large chain rings. Absolute ground clearence just is what it is and you live with it. All bikes I have looked at are in a very narrow range of BB height. The Reign is by far the heighest I have seen and ridden and it is quite tall for my taste.

Members who have read this thread: 0