Anthem size XS or S ? seem the same- Mtbr.com

Aug 2006

Anthem size XS or S ? seem the same

I currently have a NRS that is upgraded as much as I can and I like it. I plan on getting an anthem frame and using all the components. The NRS is size 16. I was looking at the geometry and sizing to figure out which anthem frame to get and the size XS and S seem to be basically the same thing. Everything seems the same except for the top tube length of 20 vs 20.6 and the post length of 14 vs 16.5, but does this really make a different. I could just adjust the seat back a little bit and get a stem that is a little longer. Would that make the bike feel the same? The weird thing is the wheelbase on the XS is longer at 40.7 vs 40.3. Now taking all that into consideration wouldn't it be better to just get the XS assuming it is basically the same and should be lighter? I also would test them out but my LBS that is a giant dealer also sells specailized so they do not ever carry any giants. It is sad.
    Troy
    http://www.giant-bicycle.com/_upload...geometry//2008

Aug 2006
    Ow yah, I am only 5'-6".

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I am also 5'6", and ride the 14.5" frame ('06)

I prefer the slightly more upright seating position than on the 16" frame- I use the bike for everything, except racing. Also, the 14.5" frames are on clearance, at wheelworld.com, for I believe $500. Can't beat that...

Aug 2006
    Thanks for the info. I did see it at wheelworld.com and my wife is going to CA in a week to visit family so I thought it would be good to get it while she was out there.
    TRoy

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I was in there a couple of weeks ago

and they still had an 06 A2, in size 14.5" completely built- its red in color- so you can actually test-ride it and check the fit. Its the same frame thats on clearance.

Members who have read this thread: 0