anthem ground clearance annoyance- Mtbr.com

Sep 2006

anthem ground clearance annoyance

i would like to improve ground clearance on my anthem, but not sure what i can do to improve on what i have done so far...I have already removed the big ring up front and replaced it with a bash guard, and is there any other option to improve the ground clearance?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

buy a Reign?

Never had clearance problems when I had my Reign. Come to think of it, I am not having any clearance problems with my Anthem either- running a 22/36/bash up front. Maybe your trails are too hairy for an Anthem...

Live Free or Ride!
    I don't find the anthem to have any more clearance problems than any other bike. Slap a bash guard on 'er
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

bi-winning
    not much you can do. get big tires and a 100mm fork maybe.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

I AM I AM
    Yep a bigger fork certainly helps with the ground clearance. A bashguard is a good step but still leaves the pedals low to the ground.

I ran a 130mm fork on my Trance and then jumped on my Husbands new Alias, geez I neraly fell of pedalling around the corner because the pedal hit the road. I know it's not exactly ideal but after transferring the 130mm fork onto the Alias the pedal clearance problem is gone!

If you don't want a longer fork then shorter cranks, but that of course has it's disadvantages too. Otherwise go and buy the new Trance X - only 200g heavier after all!

Members who have read this thread: 0