Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 vs Advanced 29 1- Mtbr.com
    Master of Beat

Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 vs Advanced 29 1

Does anyone know the weights of these bikes? I'm trying to figure out if the ALUXX (aluminum) triangle weighs significantly more than the carbon triangle. If its not a lot more weight I would be fine with the added durability of aluminum.

Also how much a difference the 'elite' shock is as opposed to 'performance.'

Is the remote the only difference?

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by attomixt View Post
    Does anyone know the weights of these bikes? I'm trying to figure out if the ALUXX (aluminum) triangle weighs significantly more than the carbon triangle. If its not a lot more weight I would be fine with the added durability of aluminum.

Bump.....
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Performance Elite is identical to Factory minus the Kashima coat. Performance is a lower end damper.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I read that the difference was about 300g more for the aluxx rear triangle compared to carbon when I was researching before I bought last years advanced 29 1. I do not have the source for that information, so Iím not sure of its accuracy though I feel like it was from someone actually weighing two large size frames.

Though I would like a remote for the shock, I leave it on platform and am pretty content with that for now.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by cirecc View Post
    I read that the difference was about 300g more for the aluxx rear triangle compared to carbon when I was researching before I bought last years advanced 29 1. I do not have the source for that information, so Iím not sure of its accuracy though I feel like it was from someone actually weighing two large size frames.

Though I would like a remote for the shock, I leave it on platform and am pretty content with that for now.
    Roughly only about the same weight between a C and CC carbon Santa Cruz frame. So basically what a 1/4 full water bottle?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Roughly only about the same weight between a C and CC carbon Santa Cruz frame. So basically what a 1/4 full water bottle?
    . . . or less than your weight might fluctuate from day to day.

Which is a good reminder because I definitely watch the grams when Iím replacing or upgrading parts.

NedwannaB
    True that.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by attomixt View Post

The anthem advanced pro1 raer triangles are prone to cracking in very minor crashes. I've fitted the alloy rear triangle for durability. Didn't measure the weight difference but would guess at 200-300? The suspension on the anthem adv pro 1 is that good the lock out rarely get used unless your trails are smooth.