Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 a decent marathon/endurance bike?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 a decent marathon/endurance bike?

So I been looking for a new bike (replacing old 26 Spech Epic custom), I'm interested in endurance events and so been thinking about the usual options (Spech Epic Expert, Scott Spark 910, Trek Top Fuel), but now that Giant is back with the 29er, how does this bike compares to the ones mentioned? Heck even the new 2018 Santa Cruz Blur is similar, but seems the CC option is way more expensive than the Anthem Pro 29 1, none the less still a good bike and option to compare the Anthem with. I like Giant bikes, I have an advanced road bike that I use mostly for century rides and I love it.

Now, the new Anthem looks nice, parts are great but not too sure about having only 90mm at the back and the fact that only has room for 1 water bottle ( which for endurance events, means I will need a camelback). Now I'm not a pro rider, I'm 44 and yeah would like to at least place near podium for my age group (if I have the skills for it), so the question here will be, is the Anthem a good option for endurance events? It has very similar angles to the other bikes, I'm just concerned that in the majority of the endurance events that I been following, I have not seen a single Anthem!!! Except the Cape to Cape in Australia that just finished where there were several of them ( I think Giant was a sponsor as well), so sorry for the lengthy post, any suggestions?

mtbr member
    there's a whole thread on the bike here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/2018-gi...a-1061044.html
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Got it, thanks

carbon classic
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by snakemau View Post
    I would like to at least place near podium for my age group (if I have the skills for it), so the question here will be, is the Anthem a good option for endurance events?
    I think this will answer your question.

Brendan Johnston just won the 2018 Cape to Cape on the Anthem 29er, (he won the 2017 Cape to Cape and 2017 Port to Port on it as well).

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/ne...-to-cape/23366