Anthem - 100mm back to 80mm?- Mtbr.com
    Dagenham Dave

Anthem - 100mm back to 80mm?

Dear Anthem Owners

As you may know, in Australia the Anthem is sold with 100mm forks. I have an Anthem Advanced with Fox F100RLC forks on it.

Everywhere else in the world, including whatever custom builds I have seen from Europe, the Anthem Advanced comes with 80mm up front. I am seriously thinking of purchasing 08 Fox F80RLC forks to put on my Anthem Advanced.

I know the 80mm to 100mm question has been raised, but what about the reverse?

Am I crazy, or am I just going back to how the bike should be?

Any very valued opinions from you guys (and gals) riding the fantastic Anthem would be greatly appreciated...

(I am 6'3.75" tall, if that may make a difference to your opinion...)

Thanks,
    Dave
    Australia
    Last edited by Dave V.; 08-16-2007 at 03:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    well, if Im not mistaken, cyclingnews reviewed a Anthem LT (australia version) and Giant says, Australia Anthem is fitted with 100mm forks is to suit its terrain

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have an anthem zero with the stock 80 on it. I like it and I ride some rooty and rocky trails. The fox is plush. Can't you reduce the travel on your existing fork? I know you can't make an 80 a 100, but I think you can make a 100 an 80 with spacers or something. That might be way to go. Anyone know about that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yeah, If im not mistaken you can reduce the fork lengths with some reducers

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    .....yes and yes. You can convert the 100 to an 80 and yes 80 is better for racing and handling. I took my 80 off my Anthem put on a 100 and hated it. The steering was slower and the bike felt like it was going to flop over. I put the 80 back on and it rides great. Call me crazy but I like twithchy. I strongly believe that if you want a race bike then don't complain about comfort. It is what it is. If you want a bike that is comfy that you can still race look at a spider or blur xc as these bikes were built around 4 inches of travel. Good luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

well, Dave V., what do you do with your Anthem?

If you race, an 80 would probably be a good idea. If not...then you're crazy. My A3 is set up for everything except racing, and the 100mm fork is staying- no doubt about it.

Dagenham Dave

Thanks.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0