All giant Hardtails!- Mtbr.com
    nab

Jan 2004

All giant Hardtails!

Hi guys,

I finally built my xtc yesterday! I'll be testing it on the trails soon. Rode it around the block today. So far, it feels awesome! Fairly light 22 to 23 lbs and the noleen shock is super plush.

Last edited by nab; 03-18-2004 at 06:21 PM.

bi-winning

Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by nab
    Hi guys,

I finally built my xtc yesterday! I'll be testing it on the trails soon. Rode it around the block today. So far, it feels awesome! Fairly light 22 to 23 lbs and the noleen shock is super plush.

Looks like a sweet ride, ive got a giant hardtail and i have been really pleased with it. I don't think i would be able to stand that seat for too long though, it looks so thin. I'm more of a recreational rider anyway though.

Get it on the trails and enjoy your ride!

nab

Jan 2004
    Thanks dude, I've ridden that saddle on my previous bike for 6 months and so far, i've not had a problem. Maybe i've a fat @$$. hehe....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice bike, I have the same frame, but built mine more toward comfort/XC. I have a zoochi coil shock up front, and I put on Hydro Disc brakes recently, as well as some 2.2 tires right now.

Owning this bike has really showed me how much fun a HT can be, I love it!

mtbr member
    That is sick...I can't believe how light you can build a good XC bike these days.

...of course that bike would probably kill my lard butt - being used to my Uber Plush AC.
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

nab

Jan 2004
    I figured i can still bring the weight down but i'm not too concern with that. For instance, the pedals weigh about 550grams but i got them for $8. Maybe i'll get eggbeaters some day. But most importantly, the bike has to be durable. I've seen some bikes that are way too light for safe riding.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    I figured i can still bring the weight down but i'm not too concern with that. For instance, the pedals weigh about 550grams but i got them for $8. Maybe i'll get eggbeaters some day. But most importantly, the bike has to be durable. I've seen some bikes that are way too light for safe riding.
    Heres mine... I will turn this thread into a post your hardtails thread. This is a pic of mine that I took this morning, had the bike since october. Sure is sweet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

nab

Jan 2004
    Almost as good as mine =p .. just kidding dude... sweet ride. How are the eggbeaters? I'm thinking of getting them. Are they easy to clip in and out? Do i need special shoes for the cleats or can i use my current one which takes the shimano cleats....

[paste title here]
    Those hardtails look very nice!!!!
    Keep Pedaling

Feb 2004
    Bike Freak

How did you mount your cyclo computer on your stem? Is there a special adapter or did you fix one up yourself?

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4
    Bike Freak

How did you mount your cyclo computer on your stem? Is there a special adapter or did you fix one up yourself?
    My computer is a Sigma Targa, it is a mountain only version which has a metal finish for strength, heavy duty cable, more water resistant then others, and I think they made it mount to a stem cause it is more out of the way, not sure tho. Heres an old pic of it when I first got my bike....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003

... and if we just ...

Almost as good as mine =p .. just kidding dude... sweet ride. How are the eggbeaters? I'm thinking of getting them. Are they easy to clip in and out? Do i need special shoes for the cleats or can i use my current one which takes the shimano cleats....
    Egg beaters are great. My dad has them aswell and came off using shimano 424's for 3 years to eggs and said it is the best thing he has ever bought for the bike. I love mine, most people reccon they are the smoothest and easiest to clip in and out.
    Not only would you save atleast half a pound off your bike, you will improve performance.
    The cleats come with the pedals and will work with your shoes, some people need to trim back some rubber to make them work, but I never needed to.
    Plus I'm quessing your pedals are SPD type pedals, well if you ride in muddy conditions then that's just another reason to get egg beats, mud doesn't bother them!
    Any thing else?
    BTW my bike was alot sweeter about 2 months ago, when I got some custom wheels, but I had to return them ause of a faulty hub. A pitty cause they were sooo light and just as strong! I might get some king wheels for my bike some time in the future tho.

nab

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Egg beaters are great. My dad has them aswell and came off using shimano 424's for 3 years to eggs and said it is the best thing he has ever bought for the bike. I love mine, most people reccon they are the smoothest and easiest to clip in and out.
    Not only would you save atleast half a pound off your bike, you will improve performance.
    The cleats come with the pedals and will work with your shoes, some people need to trim back some rubber to make them work, but I never needed to.
    Plus I'm quessing your pedals are SPD type pedals, well if you ride in muddy conditions then that's just another reason to get egg beats, mud doesn't bother them!
    Any thing else?
    BTW my bike was alot sweeter about 2 months ago, when I got some custom wheels, but I had to return them ause of a faulty hub. A pitty cause they were sooo light and just as strong! I might get some king wheels for my bike some time in the future tho.

I will definitely be getting them. Maybe next month. Got a couple of upgrades in mind. The eggbeaters and rapid fires.