mtbr member
    Apr 2005

8 inch front adapter on PIKE

Hey guys, need some advice. Just upgraded my forks on my 05 reign2 to rockshox pike team air. Brand new, unused still in packaging off ebay for $600 Australian. The problem I have is fittng an 8 inch disc brake adapter. I bought one online that stated it was for 8 inch discs, I/S fork mount, 20mm hub compatible. Yet when I bolted everything up, the caliper (Hayes hfx9) does not line up with the disc, infact the caliper actually hits the spokes. The adapter seems too thick. It is actually about 15mm or 5/8 inch thick.

What thickness should this be ? or is it the hub ? I've also got a new front wheel, Sun rims single track with dice roullette 20mm hub.

Has anyone got any answers to this problem, any help is appreciated. Is it the wrong adapter, hub or am I doing something wrong, Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm having the same problem did you ever find an answer to your question? any info is much appreciated

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Did you get a adapter for smaller disc (180mm)? The mount is further out on Pike so a 'regular' disc adapter works straigt out on 20mm hub 203mm (8inch) disc. Yes, it's a bit confusing but practical, not the first time I see questions about this matter.
    //Harri

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 42hz
    Did you get a adapter for smaller disc (180mm)? The mount is further out on Pike so a 'regular' disc adapter works straigt out on 20mm hub 203mm (8inch) disc. Yes, it's a bit confusing but practical, not the first time I see questions about this matter.
    Yep... you should use the 203mm adapter for regular QR forks on the Pike , no need for the "20 mm version"

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yeah, ended up getting an avid 203mm adapter for quick release, not 20mm, as said in previous posts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ended up having to have my mounts faced pretty significantly, after that, no issues

Members who have read this thread: 0