2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2019

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...

Apart from the obvious DVO - Fox changes, what else are you expecting/hoping to happen in the next few months?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My guess is a redesigned Trance. Been 3yrs so we will seee.

WillWorkForTrail
    A long travel 29er.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    New Reign 29r!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Trance 29er with AXS option

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    A friend of mine is claiming that Giant will redesign the line-up (for at least the Anthem) to be able to accomodate 2 water bottles.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Iím real curious to see if Giant sticks with same theme of having a 29 and a 27.5 bike like they do with the Trance. The two bikes are not really the same.

Yes the 27.5 Trance is 3 years old. Itís a great bike. My wife rides one. I can picture a 27.5 and 29 Reign being similar. But the two Trances and vastly different. Maybe they will make a new 27.5 Trace with less travel like the new 29er. But a short travel 27.5 doesnít make sense

Please give us a LT 29 Reign that you can pedal all day.
    Last edited by Five0; 05-20-2019 at 10:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Iím real curious to see if Giant sticks with same theme of having a 29 and a 27.5 bike like they do with the Trance. The two bikes are not really the same.

Yes the 27.5 Trance is 3 years old. Itís a great bike. My wife rides one. I can picture a 27.5 and 29 Reign being similar. But the two Trances and vastly different. Maybe they will make a new 27.5 Trace with less travel like the new 29er. But a short travel 27.5 doesnít make sense

Please give us a LT 29 Reign that you can pedal all day.
    Talked to a Giant Canada rep recently and he said the 27.5 Trance isn't going anywhere (likely getting a refresh though) as it is still one of their top sellers. Apparently the 27.5 Anthem is done though so who knows, maybe there will be space in their line up for a shorter travel 27.5 Trance?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    The 27.5 Anthem never really made sense to me. The Anthem is, or was their XC FS bike. What other brand makes a XC FA 27.5 bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    The 27.5 Anthem never really made sense to me. The Anthem is, or was their XC FS bike. What other brand makes a XC FA 27.5 bike?
    I think the Anthem 27.5 was a mid-range travel option to replace the MY16 Trance's that moved from 140 to 150mm in MY17. With the Reign covering the 160mm and the MY17 Trance covering the 150mm range.

mtbr member
    The new Reign is supposed to have a new seattube design with added clearance for longer dropper posts, let's see how that turns out.

210mm dropper posts from One up and Vectum are already on the market, just need a bike with a straight seattube to fit

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Any news on an updated xtc? It would be nice if they could shave off some weight or build in a little more compliance (though I appreciate its ability to run 27+)?

Iím getting ready to replace my old superfly and get team deals on Giant. I really love the anthem 29, but that second water bottle would be nice once in a while for endurance races to keep the pack off my back.

mtbr member
    From the 29er bike forum - a thread started by Mountaindrew94

This is on the Las Vegas Giant dealer Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/GiantLasVegas/

From the post:
    "A $3,200 carbon 29er? What???? The all new 2020 Trance Advanced Pro 29 3 has arrived at Giant Las Vegas! Swing by either location to see it in person, but don't wait too long, they were released in limited supply and will sell quickly!"

mtbr member
    stance 29 is going to be the bulk of their release imo. Not sure if the long(er) travel 29r is going to get released with the rest of the 2020s or delayed. My LBS unloaded their 2020 giant bikes 3 days ago and is preparing for the release.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Any info on what Giant is coming out with in Canada for Trance 27.5? I'm interested to see if they do a Trance 1 alum and what it will be spec with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    "A $3,200 carbon 29er? What???? The all new 2020 Trance Advanced Pro 29 3 has arrived at Giant Las Vegas! Swing by either location to see it in person, but don't wait too long, they were released in limited supply and will sell quickly!"
    Sweet, this is the kind of info I'm waiting for - lined up for a 2020 Trance 29er, apparently they arrive in NZ early next month. Would love to know what the specs are looking like, is that Eagle SX on that Trance Adv Pro 3?

mtbr member
    Thanks to gus6464 in the 29er forum for more info on the Trance 29 Pro 3 and components:

"It's this one. My local Giant dealer already has it. The page has the specs and everything. It's Marzocchi with fox dps and sram SX. The brakes are super budget shimano mt400.

https://bicyclewarehouse.com/product...tain-bike-2020"

SRAM SX....I guess that's brand new.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXfJeb-71E

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cirecc View Post
    Any news on an updated xtc? It would be nice if they could shave off some weight or build in a little more compliance (though I appreciate its ability to run 27+)?

Iím getting ready to replace my old superfly and get team deals on Giant. I really love the anthem 29, but that second water bottle would be nice once in a while for endurance races to keep the pack off my back.

That's what we need, an updated, lightweight XTC hardtail for racing XC on climbing and smooth courses.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Donít listen to them Giant. We just need a 29 Reign. Everything else can wait.

mtbr member
    Donít listen to them Giant. We just need a 29 Reign. Everything else can wait.
    With bikes like the Megatower, SB150, etc., hitting the shelves, it seems inevitable!

mtbr member
    Iíd like to see the Trance 29 1 spec come to Canada. A sweet spec with a aluminum frame. Yes please!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ewise View Post
    Iíd like to see the Trance 29 1 spec come to Canada. A sweet spec with a aluminum frame. Yes please!
    Don't forget the sweet orange paintjob!

mtbr member
    Reign 29er for sure! I've demoed a Trek Slash & Kona Process 29er and I'm sold on them! Hope Giant comes out with something this year on the LT 29er front.
    My MTB adventures! Subscribe & Like!

http://toogyhowsermtb.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Stance 29er is live on their website. Really affordable, good-value bike with Eagle SSX on it. Also went to a 130mm front, 120mm rear.

Bipolar roller
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfly View Post
    Stance 29er is live on their website. Really affordable, good-value bike with Eagle SSX on it. Also went to a 130mm front, 120mm rear.
    I was looking at this bike too, great value! But the actual seat angle looks super slack for 2020. It looks like 72*-73*.
    The site says 75* seat angle, but it seems that giant measures the angle from the B.B. to the top of the seat tube, not up to the seat at ride height. Would be nice if they would include the SA* up to at lease handle bar height. I am 6í4 so the might be even slacker at the height my seat ends up at.

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-192d2bac-b878-41e9-b26a-08c546d984b9.jpg

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-2829c572-71c7-450e-9b92-3cb4628a7b79.jpg
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here's hoping they ditch the current seat-post wedge/clamp design on the frame approach.

mtbr member
    Just heard from my Giant dealer that the Reign 29 will be released late July/Early Aug. 160mm Front / 140mm rear travel.

Interesting..

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    That IS interesting. Can't wait to get more info.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogy View Post
    Just heard from my Giant dealer that the Reign 29 will be released late July/Early Aug. 160mm Front / 140mm rear travel.

Interesting..
    Thatís exactly what Iím looking for! If it will take a coil it will be prefect

mtbr member
    May 2010

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Shimano 12 speed, SLX/XT/XTR used throughout the range. 150mm hardcore hardtail.

mtbr member

Interesting..
    Seems like a bit more of an all mountain bike than an enduro bike. Should be an awesome bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I just wish they hurry up and start releasing 2020 models

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    Reign 29. Was told from very reputable sources 3 models w/ diff travel. the july / aug release is correct.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Any speculation on travel numbers. 140/150/160 rear?

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    Not sure about the rear, but i heard 140, 160 and 170 on the front.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Maybe a base model of 140mm rear and other shock options for more rear wheeltravel. Same eye to eye length and different stoke rate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Will Giant ever release a slack trail/all mountain hard tail (130mm fork, 2.6 tyres)?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Tech View Post
    I just wish they hurry up and start releasing 2020 models
    I ordered a 2020 Trance Advanced 29 Pro 3 last Wednesday and got the bike yesterday. Got lucky because prices increased already on the 2020s on Friday.

mtbr member
    I hope you donít mind me participating in the Giant forum, Liv doesnít have itís own.

I demoed a Liv Intrigue Advanced 2 yesterday and LOVED it! It was exactly what I hoped it would be and exactly what I am looking for. So excited to get this bike. Iím going to get the Advanced 1 model and Iím going to wait for the 2020ís to come out. The rep said the 2020 model will be Rainbow Black/Black. I hope he was looking at the right bike. The black would be sweeeet! I wish I had asked him what brakes it was coming with as well. The 2020 model is going to retail for $100 less than the 2019 model did so I wonder if thatís due to trickle down effect or if the specs have changed.

Has anyone gotten their hands on a LookBook yet or know a rep that they can ask?

Itís going to be so hard to wait until September!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    No 2020 27.5 Trance leaks yet?

mtbr member
    20 T27 is going to be changed I think due to 3 year cycle.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Yeah I agree due to the current frame being used since 2017. Just wondering if any info has been released yet at all. Usually up here we are the last ones to know about it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I just got my trance advanced pro 3 29. Over all it's a fun bike. The frame and Marzzocci bomber are great. Marzzocci was bought by fox and the fork feels exactly like the rhythm from fox. The sram SX is not that great. The chain will jump gears under power. The cranks are pretty solid though. The bike handles more like a 27.5 than a 29er. Bottom line it's a great price for a solid bike. Upgrade derailleur and shifter and you'll still be under $4000. The frame is stiff and the bike can climb really well. It feels lighter than it is. I was able to make pretty tight turn around switch backs but the bike loves to go fast. it is very stable at speed. Now that shimano has XT 12 speed I will be upgrading my drive train with that. The SX is very low end with lots of plastic. I never like SRAM because of their material and price for higher end components.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyndup31 View Post
    The chain will jump gears under power.
    I would bet that the rear D is not properly adjusted, if this is the case. I'd take it in for an adjustment, or do it myself, but that should not happen, even with an SX. Something is amiss.

mtbr member
    Can anyone provide any hints at the 2020 Trance 29 colors? I am leaning towards a Pro 29 1 but canít do the green.
    Itís shallow. I know. I just donít like green bikes.

mtbr member
    Seems a 29" Glory is in the works:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/giant-...p-dh-2019.html

mtbr member
    Any info on a new XTC? Looks like Giant is out of the 2019 run.
    '19 Surly Krampus '18 Soma Wolverine '16 Giant Anthem SX '12 Soma Analog SS '07 Felt F1X '97 Schwinn Mesa SS '86 Fuji Club

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I asked about it as well. No one has shared anything yet. Hopefully, someone will do us the favor of asking a rep. Iím looking at getting one if they make some nice improvements like theyíre doing with everything else.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    29 Glory in the works. Per PB

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Waiting here for any xtc announcement also, if itíll be the same frame Iíll opt out for an older model that are at a super price right now (1300 for a xtc advanced 2 2018 new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stuff View Post
    Waiting here for any xtc announcement also, if itíll be the same frame Iíll opt out for an older model that are at a super price right now (1300 for a xtc advanced 2 2018 new)

Same here.

WillWorkForTrail
    It seems like the XTC was updated 2 years ago. I could be wrong about that, but if Iím not, I wouldnít look to see any frame updates to it.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    It seems like the XTC was updated 2 years ago. I could be wrong about that, but if Iím not, I wouldnít look to see any frame updates to it.
    Its currently on its 3rd cycle
    2017, 2018 and the current 2019 line.

It is due, and is it kinda has to happen, the only thing that has kept the XTC viable is the popularity of the Single Speed category. (especially here in NZ)

Any serious racer willing to go HT is doing it for the weight savings. The XTCs are too heavy when compared to it competition largely thanks to the massive alloy dropouts it needs at the back for the single speed option. When you can get the Full suspension Anthem Adv Pro 1 that is only 650g heavier straight out of the box why would you bother with the XTC? I had both and just never felt the XTC was quicker "enough" on the climbs to warrant its place in my garage...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXJIM View Post
    Its currently on its 3rd cycle
    2017, 2018 and the current 2019 line.

It is due, and is it kinda has to happen, the only thing that has kept the XTC viable is the popularity of the Single Speed category. (especially here in NZ)

Any serious racer willing to go HT is doing it for the weight savings. The XTCs are too heavy when compared to it competition largely thanks to the massive alloy dropouts it needs at the back for the single speed option. When you can get the Full suspension Anthem Adv Pro 1 that is only 650g heavier straight out of the box why would you bother with the XTC? I had both and just never felt the XTC was quicker "enough" on the climbs to warrant its place in my garage...
    Exactly! I get great deals though Giant as a team sponsor, so I would like to go with them (plus, I love the carbon anthem 29 I have). I like the option to run 27.5+ tires out back, but Iíd rather have something lighter. Otherwise, I could see myself going with a canyon exceed or building up a super light hardtail using a Chinese frame. Giant says that theyíre going to push more of their xc side now, so hopefully they mean that and make a great new xtc frame.

WillWorkForTrail
    Ok, cool. If itís on its third cycle it should get an update. Honestly, I never considered buying an XTC until they put the single speed capable dropouts on it, but somehow having a good steel frame already made it seem like Iíd be paying a lot of money for not much in the way of improvement in the overall ride. I think Iíd rather get a new wheel set. But I can see how it seems like thatís just extra weight to carry around on an XC bike. Who knows, maybe you get a new XTC without the weight, and they drop a real SS?

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    The Aussie site shows some nice upgrades to the Fantom 29 1.
    Hope that carries over to the U.S.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyke View Post
    The Aussie site shows some nice upgrades to the Fantom 29 1.
    Hope that carries over to the U.S.
    Looks like a downgrade to be honest, although I like the colour.
    I'd rather have the 2019's SLX and Suntor Axon fork vs the 2020's SX/NX Eagle and Recon fork.
    Not sure why Giant feels the need to spec the boat anchor that is the NX Eagle cassette on their XC focused bikes? The 30T crank + 46T cassette is plenty of range for a light bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolHead209 View Post
    I'd rather have the 2019's SLX and Suntor Axon fork vs the 2020's SX/NX Eagle and Recon fork.
    Not sure why Giant feels the need to spec the boat anchor that is the NX Eagle cassette on their XC focused bikes? The 30T crank + 46T cassette is plenty of range for a light bike.

ďFathomĒ auto correct or Iím slipping.
    One more ring makes it a ďboat anchorĒ?
    It seems to be an entry level bike.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    ďFathomĒ auto correct or Iím slipping.
    One more ring makes it a ďboat anchorĒ?
    It seems to be an entry level bike.....
    I had an NX Eagle cassette on my Giant Trance 29er, switched it out for an 46T Shimano cassette. Was about 150g lighter and it made a noticeable difference to the pedalling efficiency and responsiveness of the bike given it's rotating weight.
    Probably not a huge deal and the Fathom is still a good bike overall.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolHead209 View Post
    To be honest, the Fathom is barely an XC focused bike... Its aimed at people that might "dabble" in a race or two, want a 29er HT and somewhat decent gear for a few spirited recreation rides without the budget for the XTC or similar. (there are still some simpleton, tinfoil hatters that are spooked by carbon fiber frames too. lols)
    12 Speed Eagle grabs a few kudo points with that type of shopper.
    While it can absolutely run with the XC race specific type frames its a compromise and therefore so is the groupset options. They have to make it "marketable" and we find time and time again in the Fathoms price point 1x12 Eagle is a pretty good magnet for that type of shopper.
    The more discerning XC guys know what they are looking at and have the same view as you, but also wouldnt consider the Fathom as a "race" bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    That pretty much nails it down for me. I have an old Rincon I bought back in 2000. It still serves well with the casual riding I do, but even though Iíve kept it in good repair, the new stuff is interesting
    Getting older and wanted to upgrade to keep moving along as I age. I was looking for a reliable bike to retire to the woods and fields on the place in Missouri with.There are some nice mild rides around Springfield the wife and I want to check out as well. Quite a few changes in 19 years.
    Thanks for the replies so far. A bit of catching up to do.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    That pretty much nails it down for me. I have an old Rincon I bought back in 2000. It still serves well with the casual riding I do, but even though Iíve kept it in good repair, the new stuff is interesting
    Getting older and wanted to upgrade to keep moving along as I age. I was looking for a reliable bike to retire to the woods and fields on the place in Missouri with.There are some nice mild rides around Springfield the wife and I want to check out as well. Quite a few changes in 19 years.
    Thanks for the replies so far. A bit of catching up to do.....
    You might be able to get a good deal on the 2019 model now the 2020s are coming out, but regardless of year they are all good bikes.
    I have the 2017 Fathom 2 and it's been really reliable and very capable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Iíve been looking at the Fathom for a couple of years now. The bike shop in MO. was nice enough to put in an order sight unseen, for the 29 1 2020 model with the understanding I could decide to buy if there were no deal breaking changes in the new model. I feel a bit of loyalty to that shop and getting a 2019 wasnít as easy for the guy as just ordering a 2020 but thanks for the suggestion. The Ď19 would have been fine, but the new color, as you say, is very nice.

If I was going to go serious lightweight Iíd be prepared to spend considerably more for carbon and such. I wanted to get some measure of quality upgrade at a reasonable price. Continue the exercise, and enjoyment outdoors at a capable casual pace.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    If I was going to go serious lightweight Iíd be prepared to spend considerably more for carbon and such. .
    The weight savings of a carbon frame is such a small part of the whole picture... Stiffness and compliance where it counts is the thing people should consider just as much as the weight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    XTC SL - new frame, no sliders, 30.9 seatpost.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by big country View Post
    Whereís that info from?

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    Embargo on the new reigns ends on aug7. Expect official announcements around then.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I just hope that new reigns have a relatively steap seat angle around 76 degrees.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by s-master View Post
    I just hope that new reigns have a relatively steap seat angle around 76 degrees.
    I will be very very very surprised if any Giant ever has a STA that steep... 74 is considered steep in Giant speak and even their XC bikes dont get anything steeper than 73.5
    Id guess itll be no more than 73 tops...

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I will be very very very surprised if any Giant ever has a STA that steep... 74 is considered steep in Giant speak and even their XC bikes dont get anything steeper than 73.5
    That is too bad. It would rule it out for a lot of people..

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Oh yes, 2020 XTC SL is really nice, to bad is to small...

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-xtc-sl.jpg

mtbr member
    Embargo on the new reigns ends on aug7. Expect official announcements around then.
    How do you know this? Is it the same date for other new bikes like the Liv Intrigue as well? Will dealers have info before that date? My dealer is going to a big Giant event in Vancouver July 16/17. I assumed they would be showing off the new bikes then.

mtbr member
    Prepare to be surprised imo. Conversely, I will be surprised if I see anything less then 75 for the new reign and trance lt.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    Prepare to be surprised imo. Conversely, I will be surprised if I see anything less then 75 for the new reign and trance lt.
    I dont mind being surprised, but I still think Giant are waaaay too conservative for anything as extreme as a 76 degree STA.

WillWorkForTrail
    I dont mind being surprised, but I still think Giant are waaaay too conservative for anything as extreme as a 76 degree STA.
    Iím not saying they will or they wonít, but remember, Giant know what everyone else is selling because theyíre building a huge percentage of those bikes. If they see those numbers on the stuff theyíre building a lot of for others, they will incorporate the ideas.

Of course, listening to that argument, one could ask why it took so long to step back from that 27.5 commitment .....

mtbr member
    New 29 Reign is real, not a rumor anymore but it's kept under close wraps.

As for the Trance 29, no LT version - Pro 0 gets AXS and Reverb AXS, Pro 2 NX Eagle and it seems that Pro 1 or Trance 1 (alu) gets SLX 12speed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Do we get the trance 1 here in the USA? Would be awesome to finally see it back.

thecentralscrutinizer
    I need a new HT! Come on XTC!
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    When will this secretive Reign be released?

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    Originally told that the embargo ends aug 7 for the reign, but it may be pushed back a couple of months.
    Three models of reign 29er. I can't really post any more info or my sources may get in trouble. sorry.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Predictions without sources.

Both Anthem 27.5 and Anthem 29 will be morphed into one 100mm travel 29" frame specced with a 100mm travel fork for XC race and an SX light trail model with a 120mm much like the Blur and the Sniper. Trance 29 will obviously remain unchanged but Trance 27.5 will receive the giant treatment of 10mm longer 0.5-1 degree slacker HA and 75 degree seat angle. XTC will lose its horizontal dropouts but will remain available with 29 or 27.5+. Reign 27.5 will remain unchanged. Reign 29 may be released first week of August as with everything else but chance that it will be released later this year.

3 level models - SX eagle
    2 level models - SLX M7100
    1 level models - GX Eagle maybe XT M8100
    0 level models - XTR M9100

Will see DVO replaced with FOX

Again predictions not rumors.

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    Trance 27.5 isn't changing geo yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bflutz625 View Post
    Predictions without sources.

Both Anthem 27.5 and Anthem 29 will be morphed into one 100mm travel 29" frame specced with a 100mm travel fork for XC race and an SX light trail model with a 120mm much like the Blur and the Sniper. Trance 29 will obviously remain unchanged but Trance 27.5 will receive the giant treatment of 10mm longer 0.5-1 degree slacker HA and 75 degree seat angle. XTC will lose its horizontal dropouts but will remain available with 29 or 27.5+. Reign 27.5 will remain unchanged. Reign 29 may be released first week of August as with everything else but chance that it will be released later this year.

3 level models - SX eagle
    2 level models - SLX M7100
    1 level models - GX Eagle maybe XT M8100
    0 level models - XTR M9100

Will see DVO replaced with FOX

Again predictions not rumors.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Anyone know if there are any significant changes to the Anthem Adv Pro 29 lineup? I have a '19 on order with LBS but they are out of stock (it has been on order since April 20th) and keeps getting pushed back, it was 2 weeks delay, 2 weeks ago (which should have had the bike in store this week) but now the purchaser at the store is saying another 5 week delay. It's barely worth getting the '19 since the XC season is virtually over.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Why don't they change it every 3yrs? This means it would be due for a change.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Wow, time to wait for the xtc to arrive and buy it, looks amazing with no moving dropouts.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantcoast View Post
    Why don't they change it every 3yrs? This means it would be due for a change.
    its only year 2 for the Anthem Adv Pro model. Change will come for the 2021 model

Quote Originally Posted by adrianfahey View Post
    Anyone know if there are any significant changes to the Anthem Adv Pro 29 lineup? I have a '19 on order with LBS but they are out of stock (it has been on order since April 20th) and keeps getting pushed back, it was 2 weeks delay, 2 weeks ago (which should have had the bike in store this week) but now the purchaser at the store is saying another 5 week delay. It's barely worth getting the '19 since the XC season is virtually over.
    I get a Anthem Adv Pro 1 each year and Ive been told there is nothing significant changing.
    To be honest the 2019 Spec (especially Pro 1) will most likely be a better spec than the 2020 if any of the other models are anything to go by, unless of course they go for SLX/XT 12 speed over what would likely be GX Eagle.
    The 2020 will get the new (stiffer) Stepcast 32 also

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Good to see the move back to traditional seat collars!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stuff View Post
    Wow, time to wait for the xtc to arrive and buy it, looks amazing with no moving dropouts.
    I agree! I sure hope they bring that XTC frameset to the USA because I'm looking for a new, lightweight hardtail. It should be lighter and more vertically compliant than their current XTC frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yes, thank you for sharing the those links. It looks like exactly what I was hoping to see in a new xtc. Iím curious to see what changes they made to the geometry as well. Either way, I see a new xtc coming my way this fall!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsshscsa View Post

2020 GIANT XTC Advanced 29 1
    I was going to buy the new XTC to setup as a singlespeed. No sliding dropouts makes me sad.
    '19 Surly Krampus '18 Soma Wolverine '16 Giant Anthem SX '12 Soma Analog SS '07 Felt F1X '97 Schwinn Mesa SS '86 Fuji Club

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynis27 View Post
    I was going to buy the new XTC to setup as a singlespeed. No sliding dropouts makes me sad.
    If you want light weight just put a 1x10 drivetrain on it. I bet with the new frame it'll still be lighter than the old frame set up singlespeed. You can still ride it singlespeed...just don't shift.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    If you want light weight just put a 1x10 drivetrain on it. I bet with the new frame it'll still be lighter than the old frame set up singlespeed. You can still ride it singlespeed...just don't shift.
    What he said ^^

The sliding dropouts made the XTC a poor option for the serious XC HT crowd. The weight it added was about 285g. Ludacris on a XC race HT.

As Stonerider mentions I bet even if you put a Single speed driver and single speed chain tensioner on it itll still be lighter than the XTC with the sliders...

https://www.bikebarn.co.nz/component...RoCmecQAvD_BwE

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

2020 Reigns.

All Aluxx frame models.2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-277d60be-9769-4f7f-9629-7c680c02d0bb.jpg

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-19adfb97-5e75-47a4-8d42-bfe3688de0a9.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Expect Reign 29 to be released early August. Local Bike shop owner at Giant convention at Vancouver and posted photo of new ATX lineup. Someone commented "Reign 29 " and all he replied with was "Amazing new lineup."

mtbr member
    Hereís a link to some more pics from the convention in Van. Some gorgeous colours! I wish they had taken more pics of the Liv bikes though. My dealer sent me a pic of the Intrigue that I am looking at and said the specs look amazing but he has no word on availability yet. Iím going to pop in there today and take a look at the info that he does have.

https://bikedepot.com/bikes-gear/202...es-first-look/

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    What is that behind the Glory in the photo?

mtbr member
    Weird that the SX doesn't seem to have a dropper?

Quote Originally Posted by Fkahb View Post
    All Aluxx frame models.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	277D60BE-9769-4F7F-9629-7C680C02D0BB.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	1265377

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19ADFB97-5E75-47A4-8D42-BFE3688DE0A9.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	1265379

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Mini DH bike. Meant for lift access not Enduro.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Weird that the SX doesn't seem to have a dropper?
    The current 2019 SX2 doesn't have a dropper either. Budget priced park bike.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes-reign-sx

mtbr member
    Nov 2001
    those are the 29 or 27.5 reigns?

btw 3 rein models. 1 carbon, 1 alum. 1 sx (don't know if it is carbon on alum, i assume alum)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    those are the 29 or 27.5 reigns?

btw 3 rein models. 1 carbon, 1 alum. 1 sx (don't know if it is carbon on alum, i assume alum)
    29 Reign hasn't been officially released or announced yet.

mtbr member
    If the dealers can see the new bikes in their systems now, any idea when the public will be able to find the info on the website?

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    After official release first week of August

mtbr member
    Prices have gone up to absurd levels! 12k for road bike (AXS or not) is just insane.

Trance Pro 1 went from 5k to 5650$ for what - Fit4 "upgrade"?? Pro 2 went from 4.3k to 5k without any upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by mLeier View Post
    Hereís a link to some more pics from the convention in Van. Some gorgeous colours! I wish they had taken more pics of the Liv bikes though. My dealer sent me a pic of the Intrigue that I am looking at and said the specs look amazing but he has no word on availability yet. Iím going to pop in there today and take a look at the info that he does have.

https://bikedepot.com/bikes-gear/202...es-first-look/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinCRO View Post
    Prices have gone up to absurd levels!
    Intrigue Advanced 1 went down by $100 from $5499 CAD to $5399. The brakes are upped to RSC from RS. In my quick glance, everything else appeared to be the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    May I remind you that this is the Canadian show. Here the Pro 1 was $5650 for 2019. Don't get your panties in a wad.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    All Aluxx frame models.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	277D60BE-9769-4F7F-9629-7C680C02D0BB.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	1265377

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19ADFB97-5E75-47A4-8D42-BFE3688DE0A9.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	1265379
    Where did you find these? Got any more?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bflutz625 View Post
    May I remind you that this is the Canadian show. Here the Pro 1 was $5650 for 2019. Don't get your panties in a wad.
    Who was this directed at???

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I imagine MarinCRO since he seemed upset that the bike could go up in price.
    It was $5250 in the US after the Trump tariffs hit, too. I kept watching the price creep up as I waited to EP one.

Getting stoked on Reign 29 now. Love my 27.5 cannondale jekyll but a friend with one wasn't blown away by the 29 jekyll. And my trance advanced 29 pro 1 is so AWESOME that I can't wait to see/try a longer travel big wheeled bike again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for this. Intrigue looks great after last year. Wife had been all on Liv train until she got on a carbon stumpjumper (after an Alu Hail and before they had the intrigue advanced back in the lineup). So they lost her by being a year or two behind the curve.

But she loved how the Hail descended, but not climbed (didn't have a lockout/compression switch). And then she couldn't demo an intrigue in her size last year at Thunder Mountain release/demo. Also really silly how they have 800mm bars on the Hails/780s on intrigue. Like, y'all, lets try to size the components appropriately, especially for demo days. She is 5'4" and rocks 730-750mm bars, max.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mLeier View Post
    Who was this directed at???
    MarinCRO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lwkwafi View Post
    Thanks for this. Intrigue looks great after last year. Wife had been all on Liv train until she got on a carbon stumpjumper (after an Alu Hail and before they had the intrigue advanced back in the lineup). So they lost her by being a year or two behind the curve.

But she loved how the Hail descended, but not climbed (didn't have a lockout/compression switch). And then she couldn't demo an intrigue in her size last year at Thunder Mountain release/demo. Also really silly how they have 800mm bars on the Hails/780s on intrigue. Like, y'all, lets try to size the components appropriately, especially for demo days. She is 5'4" and rocks 730-750mm bars, max.
    I did demo the (aluminum) Stumpy and did really like it too. My main problem was that I didnít line the specs on the $4,000 model and the next bump up was too $$$.

It was super hard to find a Liv demo. We actually had to postpone our holidays by a day in order to test it out. Even then, I was ticked that they didnít have an XS to try. At 5í2Ē, Iím right in the middle of their height suggestions for an XS. You would think that a brand ďfor women, by womenĒ would cater to the sizes that other companies donít. I refuse to buy a bike that I donít get to really try out first, so I am buying a small. It felt fine and itís what Iím used to coming from the Lust.

As for the bars, mine are 780mm. I put 760mm on there last year, but after riding my fat bike all winter, the 760mm felt to narrow so I put the 780mm back on. Itís definitely personal preference and takes some getting used to but I really find the eider bars feel so much better when the trail gets technical. And itís definitely cheaper to cut bars down than it is to replace them with longer ones!

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/it/biciclette/off-road

Giant Italy page has some 2020 models listed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thats all I could find. Apparently the Ďsecretí Reign Advance models will be released early August and will have three versions, I suspect two 27.5 options and one high end 29er.

I WANT A V10
    Sep 2008
    Thats all I could find. Apparently the Ďsecretí Reign Advance models will be released early August and will have three versions, I suspect two 27.5 options and one high end 29er.
    reign advanced 29 1 and 2, reign sx 29, reign 29 1 and 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinciSean View Post
    ďWhen Trump announced the plan of 25% tariffs, we took it seriously,Ē Chairwoman Bonnie Tu said in the interview at Giantís Taiwanese headquarters. ďWe started moving before he shut his mouth... Last year, I noticed that the era of Made In China and supplying globally is over.Ē
    I don't think tariffs were ever a factor for Giant, and many of the Chinese manufacturers have been absorbing the hit to maintain market share.