2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams... - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Interesting that the AUS has a Reign Advanced (27.5) but it is not available (as yet anyway) in the US:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/bi...-advanced-2020

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    LBS just informed me the rep said the new Fathom 29 1 on order would ship the last week of August. That would be great and just in time for some cool Ozark riding......

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    It seems the embargo is over.

146mm in the rear and 160mm in the front is pretty much consistent with the recent suspension design ethos of Giant, and probably with input from their EWS riders.

The Reign Advance Pro 29 1 is probably the best bargain build of the bunch. For $5k you get:

ē Fox X2 shock and GRIP2 fork with 42mm offset (and matches well with the 40mm stem too)
    ē Eagle drivetrain
    ē Code brakes
    ē EXO+ tires (DHF+DHR2)
    ē Decent alloy wheels (house brand but most likely manufactured by DT Swiss) -- and probably a better choice than the carbon house brand rims
    ē Indestructible Descendant crank with MRP chainguide

Considering the framset is priced at $2,950, all of the above at just 2 grand is a really good deal.

mtbr member
    Dissapointed again....I was hoping to see an aluminum Trance 29 with a decent component spec. Instead they give us sram sx with cheap wheels and a no name fork. I was hoping for a Trance 29 1 in the US. I was also hoping to see some shimano builds. I own a trance now with full xt and dt swiss wheels. I want a 29 version in aluminum. I probably wont buy one because they are pushing us into carbon. If I'm going to have to spend $5k to get decent stuff, then why not go shop for one of the boutique brands. The Pivot trail 429 is a better deal than the Trance advanced 29 1. I know you get carbon rims, but they are laced to a low engagement hub so wheels are coming off anyway. Giant used to be known for value.
    '16 Giant Trance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ActivNva View Post
    Dissapointed again....I was hoping to see an aluminum Trance 29 with a decent component spec. Instead they give us sram sx with cheap wheels and a no name fork. I was hoping for a Trance 29 1 in the US. I was also hoping to see some shimano builds. I own a trance now with full xt and dt swiss wheels. I want a 29 version in aluminum. I probably wont buy one because they are pushing us into carbon. If I'm going to have to spend $5k to get decent stuff, then why not go shop for one of the boutique brands. The Pivot trail 429 is a better deal than the Trance advanced 29 1. I know you get carbon rims, but they are laced to a low engagement hub so wheels are coming off anyway. Giant used to be known for value.
    I get what you're saying as I really wish most mfg's would offer a build like transition does. IE, aluminum frame, top tier suspension and gx eagle level drivetrain....

However I sorta feel like you're looking for an excuse to be un-satisfied here. The trx1 wheelset is amazingly good with top tier ride feel (seriously I have 3 carbon 29r wheelsets in my garage and I'd put my trx1 29r wheelset up against my SC reserves any day). The fact that you can get a wheelset of this quality on a sub 5k bike is amazing. FWIW, they are very easy to convert to start ratchet, that's what I've done to mine and I love them.

Regarding the shimano builds... blame shimano on that one. Sram makes it very easy for product managers to specify builds with the price point deals they get. That's why you see so many sram based oem builds these days.

The truth is that it's really hard to find a better price point deal then what Giant is offering now. Regarding the comparison to the trail 429... we are each entitled to our own opinions. But saying that a 4699 trail 429 with shimano 11 speed, slx brakes and sun ringle wheels is a better deal then a trance 29 advanced 1 is honestly crazy talk.

If you really think that, then you haven't ridden the adv pro 1 or really looked at the spec sheet. Both are indeed great bikes that are fun to ride... but there is no way that there is even the slightest bit of value comparison between the two.

Fwiw, I find it incredibly easy to buy giant bikes and strip them down immediately, sell the parts I don't want and build them back up exactly the way I want them. Because of the crazy value you get out of giant's, I usually end up being able to do this without going too far out of pocket. For example, I bought an t29 adv pro 2, stripped it down, sold the brakes for 200, the nx eagle drivetrain for 230, the cockpit and touchpoints for another 120 and rebuilt it up fully custom. For about 1k less total then the adv pro 1, I ended up with a fully custom build and the color I wanted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Any word on the new XTC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    I get what you're saying as I really wish most mfg's would offer a build like transition does. IE, aluminum frame, top tier suspension and gx eagle level drivetrain....

However I sorta feel like you're looking for an excuse to be un-satisfied here. The trx1 wheelset is amazingly good with top tier ride feel (seriously I have 3 carbon 29r wheelsets in my garage and I'd put my trx1 29r wheelset up against my SC reserves any day). The fact that you can get a wheelset of this quality on a sub 5k bike is amazing. FWIW, they are very easy to convert to start ratchet, that's what I've done to mine and I love them.

Regarding the shimano builds... blame shimano on that one. Sram makes it very easy for product managers to specify builds with the price point deals they get. That's why you see so many sram based oem builds these days.

The truth is that it's really hard to find a better price point deal then what Giant is offering now. Regarding the comparison to the trail 429... we are each entitled to our own opinions. But saying that a 4699 trail 429 with shimano 11 speed, slx brakes and sun ringle wheels is a better deal then a trance 29 advanced 1 is honestly crazy talk.

If you really think that, then you haven't ridden the adv pro 1 or really looked at the spec sheet. Both are indeed great bikes that are fun to ride... but there is no way that there is even the slightest bit of value comparison between the two.

Fwiw, I find it incredibly easy to buy giant bikes and strip them down immediately, sell the parts I don't want and build them back up exactly the way I want them. Because of the crazy value you get out of giant's, I usually end up being able to do this without going too far out of pocket. For example, I bought an t29 adv pro 2, stripped it down, sold the brakes for 200, the nx eagle drivetrain for 230, the cockpit and touchpoints for another 120 and rebuilt it up fully custom. For about 1k less total then the adv pro 1, I ended up with a fully custom build and the color I wanted.
    I agree.
    The TRX1 wheelset is pretty great. When I bought my Pro 1, I wasn't shy about upgrades and bought an i9 wheelset to get better engagement. While I would have been happier with a 350 hub, after riding that wheelset, I sorta thought I'd wasted money on the i9 wheelset. I ended up gifting it to my son for his Ripmo build and he loves the TRX1. I also wanted to dislike the Performance level shock/fork, but man, they're very good as well. I even got to where I liked the Guide brakes....I swapped them out for XT's just because that's what's on my other bikes, but they were fine also.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by the_riddler View Post
    Any word on the new XTC?
    Nothing yet on when it will show up on the website.
    2019 Giant Fastroad Advanced
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29
    2020 Giant XTC Advanced 29

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Fascinating how some people diss things they never used or have any experience with.

Swapping to DT 54t ratchet on those wheels is not a problem and the cost will be around 100-150$. This will make them lighter too!

New Fox performance stuff is great, my 2019 F34 Performance with grip damper feels much nicer than 2017 Factory 36 with Fit4 and relatively expensive Luftkappe.

Guide T brakes are pretty good too, they might lack swinglink but it really doesn't matter, they're excellent for a trail bike and lever feel is consistent unlike swinglink or other variable systems.

You can't really fault Pro1, I got mint one for 2900 euros, and another unfortunately Large was selling for 2500 euros.

DT Swiss, Enve or other carbon wheels sell for almost as much as a frikkin complete Trance, and they're not any better or lighter than the wheels you get with any Trance Pro (after 54t ratchet mod).

Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I agree.
    The TRX1 wheelset is pretty great. When I bought my Pro 1, I wasn't shy about upgrades and bought an i9 wheelset to get better engagement. While I would have been happier with a 350 hub, after riding that wheelset, I sorta thought I'd wasted money on the i9 wheelset. I ended up gifting it to my son for his Ripmo build and he loves the TRX1. I also wanted to dislike the Performance level shock/fork, but man, they're very good as well. I even got to where I liked the Guide brakes....I swapped them out for XT's just because that's what's on my other bikes, but they were fine also.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Hi MarinCRO, I just ordeed the TRX1 27.5 wheel so your saying I can switch the Pawl system to a DT ratchet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I can't remember if its in a thread or if it has its own dedicated thread, but someone went through the swap to the DT ratchet in detail. It would be awesome to have that pinned somewhere.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantcoast View Post
    Hi MarinCRO, I just ordeed the TRX1 27.5 wheel so your saying I can switch the Pawl system to a DT ratchet?
    There's great video showing it in detail here

https://youtu.be/e_XpRZCLTX4

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I can't remember if its in a thread or if it has its own dedicated thread, but someone went through the swap to the DT ratchet in detail. It would be awesome to have that pinned somewhere.
    I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_XpRZCLTX4

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Thanks guys will share with my LBS

mtbr member
    Yay! Itís here! And itís even prettier than I dreamed!

2020 Liv Intrigue Advanced 1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-68261962_10157184066760202_2998183783049461760_n.jpg  

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-3f919b06-a2ba-4c26-87e8-849271c06aa2.jpg  

Last edited by mLeier; 08-11-2019 at 07:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mLeier View Post

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-3f919b06-a2ba-4c26-87e8-849271c06aa2.jpg
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Any word on the new XTC?
    Article about Giants 2020 MTB Range including the XTC Advanced SL ( 880g - most likely for the M - frame)
    https://www.velomotion.de/magazin/20...gn-stance-xtc/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoeff View Post
    Article about Giants 2020 MTB Range including the XTC Advanced SL ( 880g - most likely for the M - frame)
    Thank you!

I wonder what the weight difference is between the two xtc frames. I donít think Iím ready to shell out almost $10,000 on a hardtail for the sl. Iím hoping for the Advanced 1 with the xt 12 speed and sc32 fork. That should still be a pretty light build, especially after swapping out a few parts I already have like carbon bar and cranks.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    No Rear remote lockout for the Anthem Adv Pro2... and at $5200nzd. Laughable...
    You can tell its a bean pusher making those decisions... you can "get by" without lockout on the front if you "have to" save $20...
    I get it as a choice on the Alloy Anthem 29er, but the "Pro" range is considered their Performance Race XC range... Ugh...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXJIM View Post
    No Rear remote lockout for the Anthem Adv Pro2... and at $5200nzd. Laughable...
    You can tell its a bean pusher making those decisions... you can "get by" without lockout on the front if you "have to" save $20...
    I get it as a choice on the Alloy Anthem 29er, but the "Pro" range is considered their Performance Race XC range... Ugh...
    Yeah, thatís the way my anthem is. Itís platform or open. I end up running it on platform almost all the time though I want to upgrade to remote lockout at some point.

The platform works great for racing as itís actually very efficient on this bike. I actually would prefer to have the remote change between platform and open since I actually prefer running platform most of the time.

However, I agree that it would add a lot of value to the bike for little cost

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by cirecc View Post
    Thank you!

I wonder what the weight difference is between the two xtc frames. I donít think Iím ready to shell out almost $10,000 on a hardtail for the sl. Iím hoping for the Advanced 1 with the xt 12 speed and sc32 fork. That should still be a pretty light build, especially after swapping out a few parts I already have like carbon bar and cranks.
    The SL for the USA is going to be spec'd differently.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post
    The SL for the USA is going to be spec'd differently.
    Are they going to have lower models or just the 0 with the axs, etc?

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F919B06-A2BA-4C26-87E8-849271C06AA2.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	373.5 KB 
ID:	1270693
    The big smile says it all! Like a kid on Christmas morning.
    Beautiful bike. Enjoy.
    Life is good.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Your hopes in a previous post were close. Can't say more than that unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Only 2 new XTC's beside the SL model?

Well, after 10+ years with Giant, I will have to say goodbye. Hello Scott or Canyon, their range of models can fit every budget.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    A Reign e-bike, I didnít see that coming

mtbr member
    Another article from velomotion:

https://www.velomotion.de/magazin/20...20-e-bike-mtb/

It mentions that the xtc frame weight is 880g for the SL (like in the other article) and that the regular frame is just 1000g. Thatís pretty good!

It also has some more information about their ebike reigns.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Does the article state that the max tire size for the new XTC Advanced SL is 2.25? I'm hoping my Google Translate is wrong because if the maximum rear tire size is 2.25 this is a fail. Nino Schurter has been racing some new prototype Maxxis 2.4 size tires on some buff XC courses this year and the New 2020 Specialized Epic Hardtail will fit up to 2.4 size tires. Come on Giant, you can do better than this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    Does the article state that the max tire size for the new XTC Advanced SL is 2.25? I'm hoping my Google Translate is wrong because if the maximum rear tire size is 2.25 this is a fail. Nino Schurter has been racing some new prototype Maxxis 2.4 size tires on some buff XC courses this year and the New 2020 Specialized Epic Hardtail will fit up to 2.4 size tires. Come on Giant, you can do better than this.
    I saw that, too. I also am relying on google translate to read the German.

It comes with a 2.25 Maxxis rekon tire and looks to have room for a 2.4 in there though it might be snug (hard to tell with that angle). I donít know if Giant said the max was 2.25, itís an incomplete translation, or if they are just saying that because it has a 2.25 on there already.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Well, as a native german speaker I would say the google translation is correct for the text under the picture is "A bit tight: The rear triangle offers space up to a tire width of 2.25 " but as a owner of the old XTC Advanced it looks like to me the clearance is pretty close to the old one when adjusting to the min wheelbase.
    There is a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcCfhbiya8&t=9s
    at second 0:47 it shows that even the bottom clearance looks good.
    Hopefully, the also fixed the clearance of the chainring since I had to sand my 34 oval and 36 chainrings to avoid trouble

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well, as a native german speaker I would say the google translation is correct for the text under the picture is "A bit tight: The rear triangle offers space up to a tire width of 2.25 " but as a owner of the old XTC Advanced it looks like to me the clearance is pretty close to the old one when adjusting to the min wheelbase.
    There is a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcCfhbiya8&t=9s
    at second 0:47 it shows that even the bottom clearance looks good.
    Hopefully, the also fixed the clearance of the chainring since I had to sand my 34 oval and 36 chainrings to avoid trouble
    Is the head tube angle of the new XTC still 69.5%? I'm liking the new 2020 Specialized Epic Hardtail with 68.5% head tube angle and room for a 2.4 tire more and more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Is the head tube angle of the new XTC still 69.5%? I'm liking the new 2020 Specialized Epic Hardtail with 68.5% head tube angle and room for a 2.4 tire more and more.
    Old one had 70.0 , new one has 69.5 according to the article, but I guess its more the combination of the fork offset+angle which makes the difference

mtbr member
    New Liv (girls Anthem) has 100mm rear travel and 30.9 with dropper as standard equipment. Not sure about Mens anthem, nothing on Giant USA site.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/it/bi...ed-pro-29-2020

Nothing new on the mens side this year. Though I do quite like the new Liv. Hopefully 2021...

mtbr member
    Despite how amazing the new Pique looks, weíre ordering the Intrigue Advanced 1 for my wife. I just have to remember that Iím the one that races xc and sheís the one that just does endurance and wants something that will give more confidence and comfort on descents.

Iím going to preorder a new xtc. There isnít much in the system yet, but, like mentioned before, there are more options at different price points.

Also, to the person that brought up not having a more budget xtc (lower than the 3 which is about 2100 2019), Giantís aluminum version is the fathom 29. Other brands use the same name (trek, specialized, etc). To me, it seems like the major brands are all about on par for pricing on bikes in the 1000-2000 range. Above that, Giant seems to be a better value than most (Canyon maybe an exception but under different conditions).

mtbr member
    Despite how amazing the new Pique looks, weíre ordering the Intrigue Advanced 1 for my wife.
    Good call. I demoed both and liked the Intrigue way better. I actually even found that it climbed better than the Pique, although that could have had more to do with the fact that the Pique was a low end model.

Did you order a 2019 or 2020? The 2020 comes with better brakes and the price also dropped a little from the 2019. Iím loving my 2020!

mtbr member
    Good call. I demoed both and liked the Intrigue way better. I actually even found that it climbed better than the Pique, although that could have had more to do with the fact that the Pique was a low end model.

Did you order a 2019 or 2020? The 2020 comes with better brakes and the price also dropped a little from the 2019. Iím loving my 2020!
    We're ordering the 2020 Intrigue Advanced 1, just like yours - in fact, I showed her your pictures to see the finish because the stock photo doesn't show anything other than black really. We had the option for both, but i remember seeing that it came with better brakes.

Were you able to demo the 2020 pique? The 68.5 degree HA and 100-100 suspension on a 29 are huge improvements over the last pique iteration for an xc/marathon bike. It's how I wish my Anthem Advanced 29 were (which I still love).

I'm pre-ordering the 2020 XTC Advanced SL 1 which is not nearly as expensive as that ultimate SL build with AXS (though still the fanciest bike purchase I will have made for a stock bike). The shop is placing the order on the 30th (it's a sponsor order so it goes through a different process) at which point I should have more details assuming Giant doesn't release anything prior. Giant seems to be moving slowly on the XTC details.

mtbr member
    No, I didnít demo a 2020 Pique, just a 2019 and again, the bottom of the line one at that. I just didnít find that it felt much different than my 2015 Lust. It actually didnít even seem to climb as well as my Lust. I would have been interested in demoing the Pique SX. I am super, super happy with my Intrigue though. I donít know if itís the carbon wheels or just the larger tires, but the bike CLIMBS! It feels like the 29ers that I tried. It also feels amazing on the downs.

I think the Rainbow Black/Black is such a gorgeous colour too and I LOVE my shiny pedals too. 😊. I hope she loves it as much as I do!!!

mtbr member
    No, I didnít demo a 2020 Pique, just a 2019 and again, the bottom of the line one at that. I just didnít find that it felt much different than my 2015 Lust. It actually didnít even seem to climb as well as my Lust. I would have been interested in demoing the Pique SX. I am super, super happy with my Intrigue though. I donít know if itís the carbon wheels or just the larger tires, but the bike CLIMBS! It feels like the 29ers that I tried. It also feels amazing on the downs.

I think the Rainbow Black/Black is such a gorgeous colour too and I LOVE my shiny pedals too. 😊. I hope she loves it as much as I do!!!
    Thanks! I'm sure it will blow her away. She's gotten more and more into biking, especially longer distances. She went from a klein pulse race to a hotrodded aluminum trek top fuel from 2008. She's been doing a lot on that old 26" fs xc race bike (probably not that different than the previous pique with that 70 degree head angle. She's starting to do the endurance races 30mi with lots of elevation change). Bigger wheels, modern geometry, better and more suspension, carbon fiber are all going to change the way she rides.

mtbr member
    I got to check out some of the 2020 stuff that is still embargo'd. I can confirm that the new XTC ships with a 2.25 in back and only has 5-7mm of clearance on either side with this tire. fitting a 2.3 on the back will be tight (some brands) and anything bigger seems unlikely.

All the new liv colorways are epic. Seriously they are gorgeous. New revolt's also look great. If you have any other questions, just ask as I'm pretty close with the regional giant rep.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    If they are discontinuing the anthem 27.5 I hope they increase travel a bit of the anthem 29er in 2020 to bridge the two..

apparently not... RIP my favorite XC/Trail bike :*(

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    When will the US site be up to date on all 2020 models?

mtbr member
    What about news for the Canadian market models for 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    If they are discontinuing the anthem 27.5 I hope they increase travel a bit of the anthem 29er in 2020 to bridge the two..

apparently not... RIP my favorite XC/Trail bike :*(
    Myself I'm looking into the '19/20 Trance 29s as a baseline for my next xc/trail rig.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Your dealer has all the information. I was in my LBS and saw the 2020 line up. You can order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokerings View Post
    What about news for the Canadian market model for 2020?
    I donít know why all of the info isnít up on the Canadian and US sites yet. You can find the info on the Aus, Ireland and Italia sites though and you can most definitely order from your dealer already. I already have my 2020 Intrigue Advanced. My Giant dealer here in Edmonton told me that the new Intrigue Advanced bikes wouldnít be shipping until February but my LBS in Jasper was able to order it for me the next day and have it in within the week. If you donít get the answer that you want from one store, ask around at a few other and you may be able to get what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    The 2020 Fathom 29 1 just landed at the LBS in MO. Now the hair is beginning to stand up on the back of my neck.....
    Should be on it sometime middle of Sept.
    This bike isnít on the US site yet. I guess it will be as listed on the AUS site.
    So it looks like you are right about the order process. This order was placed approx. 2 months ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Just ordered a 2020 Trance 29 2. Should be at the store in about a month.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    I got to check out some of the 2020 stuff that is still embargo'd. I can confirm that the new XTC ships with a 2.25 in back and only has 5-7mm of clearance on either side with this tire. fitting a 2.3 on the back will be tight (some brands) and anything bigger seems unlikely.
    This is both surprising, and disappointing. I can't find the video right now, but I know people were putting 2.4" tires on either the 2018 or 2019 Anthem Pro, without too much of a problem. Why they would limit that to 2.3 in the rear, on any bike, let alone the XTC, surprises me.

I agree the Revolts look great. It looks like Giant really hit the ball out of the park on this upgrade to the Revolt.

mtbr member
    We have our order placed. My wife is getting the Intrigue Advanced 1 like mLeier which should be shipping immediately.

Iím getting an XTC Advanced 29SL 1. It is the SL frame with an xt 12 speed build in metallic blue. Itís on preorder, so Iíll be waiting for it. Itís a sponsor deal, so I needed to get the order in now.

Also, I came across this:
    https://www.middletowncycling.com/20...-advanced.html

It looks like theyíre continuing the older style frame for plus tires and single speed.

thecentralscrutinizer
    I like the German version of the XTC SL with the AXS components, but the USA version is pretty nice too. Can't wait to put one on order myself.

mtbr member
    I think you can get the axs version, but thatís the 0 model and a considerable jump up in price from what I ordered.

mtbr member
    We have our order placed. My wife is getting the Intrigue Advanced 1 like mLeier which should be shipping immediately.
    Yay! I hope she loves it as much as I do!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    https://www.mtb-news.de/news/giant-neuheiten-2020/

Disappointed on the head tube angle for the XTC which is 70į.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by mit3k View Post
    https://www.mtb-news.de/news/giant-neuheiten-2020/

Disappointed on the head tube angle for the XTC which is 70į.
    It is a racing HT...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Deleted
    Last edited by mit3k; 09-19-2019 at 12:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Previous posts said it had a 69.5* head tube angle. Iím more inclined to believe them since, on the ďfirst lookĒ articles, it talked about updated geometry, including the hta specifically.

mtbr member
    I thought those numbers looked wrong. Theyíre straight from Giantís website . . . for the 2019 models.

thecentralscrutinizer
    I thought those numbers looked wrong. Theyíre straight from Giantís website . . . for the 2019 models.
    LOL you're right.

mtbr member
    https://www.jonito.de/Giant_12

Here are some of the new xtc models.

mtbr member
    The xtc Advanced + is already on the Giant US site. Theyíre keeping the old frame available for those who want the versatility of 29/27.5+/ss.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/xt...nced-plus-2020

carbon classic
    Jul 2011

New 2020 XTC

The new 2020 XTC Advanced and SL bikes are up on the Australian website.

They Look good.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/alloutxc

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/bi...mposite-carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OnAnySunday View Post

They Look good.

Yes, they look good
    $6299 for an XT clad hardtail seems a bit extreme

mtbr member
    That is Australian dollars. Itís 5000 for USD which is still a lot of money but also in line with other brands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by OnAnySunday View Post

They Look good.

hm, no frame only option for the sl frame, that is disappointing.
    as well as the weight advantage of 75g for the sl frame.

thecentralscrutinizer
    hm, no frame only option for the sl frame, that is disappointing.
    as well as the weight advantage of 75g for the sl frame.
    Yeah, but it's good to see that Giant has taken a serious approach to having a lighter weight hardtail in two different configurations. Both are a whole lot lighter than the previous frames.

rider
    May 2016

New XTC

Yeah, but it's good to see that Giant has taken a serious approach to having a lighter weight hardtail in two different configurations. Both are a whole lot lighter than the previous frames.
    Giant's lightest MTB yet - has anyone ridden it, would love yr thoughts?

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella View Post
    Giant's lightest MTB yet - has anyone ridden it, would love yr thoughts?
    Just ordered the Advanced 29 XTC instead of the SL. I have a feeling that the SL will be tough to get a hold of.

Anyway, I'll definitely post my thought after I get it.

mtbr member
    Sorry for the delay, my xtc sl came in, and I already have a few rides in on it. It definitely climbs better than any bike Iíve owned. Itís super responsive and nimble. It is also a little more compliant than my previous hardtail. Iíve ridden it with schwalbe rocket Ron 2.2s and Nobby Nic 2.35s (thereís plenty of clearance).

Iíll post some pics when I get on my computer.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Cool! I'm interested in hearing what it weighs too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Cool! I'm interested in hearing what it weighs too.
    i'm too wait news....
    I bought the xct 29 2 2000 last week, I made many variations
    wheels, fork, seatpost, brakes, brake discs, gearbox, gear shifters, handlebars ... saddle ..... I should pick it up next week ... I await your review here
    grazie
    Giovanni from Italy

mtbr member
    I posted in the new xtc frame thread with some info and pics from my xtc sl 1.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by joelook View Post
    i'm too wait news....
    I bought the xct 29 2 2000 last week, I made many variations
    wheels, fork, seatpost, brakes, brake discs, gearbox, gear shifters, handlebars ... saddle ..... I should pick it up next week ... I await your review here
    grazie
    Giovanni from Italy
    I ended up ordering the same, or close to the same, bike. Have ordered XT brakes and cassette, XT hubs for a carbon wheel build and have a box of carbon components to go on mine. Probably won't be here until after December 1 though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    ok thanks
    i change
    xtr crankset
    xt brakes xt disc
    carbon handelbars
    carbon seatpost
    hubs industry nine i9 fron - dt swiss 350 rear --rims race face arc 25
    cassette xt control hand xt rear delailleur xt --- tires nobby nic front e rocket ron rear...saddle wtb silverado
    i change all and not frame...
    rear derailleurrear derailleurhandlebar controlhandlebar controlxtr crankset

mtbr member
    Nov 2019

joe

ok thanks
    i change
    xtr crankset
    xt brakes xt disc
    carbon handelbars
    carbon seatpost
    hubs industry nine i9 fron - dt swiss 350 rear --rims race face arc 25
    cassette xt control hand xt rear delailleur xt --- tires nobby nic front e rocket ron rear...saddle wtb silverado
    i change all and not frame...
    rear derailleurrear derailleurhandlebar controlhandlebar controlxtr crankset

thecentralscrutinizer
    Actually got mine Friday. It's a chunky-monkey, weighting 27.1 lbs (12.29 kg). Changed the bars, seat post and seat and dropped to 26.3 lbs (11.92 kg) put a Fox 32 Factory SC on order too. This fork is HEAVY. around 2250 gr. Wheels I'm sure are also heavy, guessing in the 2200 gr range. Shouldn't be too much to get it under 23 lbs. I have not swapped on any of the new XT parts I mentioned earlier. Hoping to find the time over Thanksgiving to do that.

I did ride the bike for a short distance the other day with my son. It road well, but I really LOVE the new Shimano drivetrain. It's so smooth. I didn't have a chance to rail the bike at all. Hoping to maybe do that in the next few days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-img_1179.jpg  

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike! Changing the tires can make a big difference. The oem tires are definitely heavier than regular. I swapped to snakeskin rocket Ronís and dropped a half pound or so.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Beautiful bike! Changing the tires can make a big difference. The oem tires are definitely heavier than regular. I swapped to snakeskin rocket Ronís and dropped a half pound or so.
    Yeah, I'm trying to decide on sticking with the Rons or trying the new Ralph and Ray combo.

mtbr member
    I have the ray/Ralph combo on the wheels that came with my anthem advanced 29 and rons on the new wheels. I like running the ray/ralph in the dry and the rons in the wet or loose. They weigh basically the same. I really like the ray/ralph- great grip and fast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Bellissima Mopartod
    io ritiro la mia il prossimo sabato....
    quale taglia Ť la tua ? 12.29 originale con o senza pedali ?

attendo le tue impressioni di guida; anche quanto pesano le ruote originali
    io credo sui 2250-2300 gr..... tanto.
    Joe

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by joelook View Post
    Bellissima Mopartod
    io ritiro la mia il prossimo sabato....
    quale taglia Ť la tua ? 12.29 originale con o senza pedali ?

attendo le tue impressioni di guida; anche quanto pesano le ruote originali
    io credo sui 2250-2300 gr..... tanto.
    Joe
    Beautiful Mopartod
    I'll pick up mine next Saturday....
    what size is yours ? 12.29 original with or without pedals ?

I await your driving impressions; even how heavy the original wheels are
    I believe in 2250-2300 gr... a lot.

Had to translate the Italian. LOL

That was with my Xpedo CX pedals, bike is a medium. I bought a set of new XT 8110 hubs to build up with Stans CB7 rims and DT Swiss spokes. That should knock some weight of the bike.

Joe, Do you get the same bike where you live or is it different?

Todd

mtbr member
    I really like the xt hubs. Mine are the 8020 b wheelset that I use for training. Itís too bad shimano hasnít made a cassette to match their 12 speed to the older style hub like sram does. I have an nx cassette on there now after trying a sunrace cassette that didnít shift well. I can confirm that the nx Eagle cassette works just fine with the xt m8100 drivetrain. I donít mind the brick that is that cassette since itís a wheelset I just use for training and goofing around, but it did add a half pound compared to the m8000 cassette that was replaced. Luckily the giant wheels use dt Swiss hubs and we can just swap out the freewheel for another.

Youíll have to let me know how the new xt hubs are after you get some time on them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    ciao Mopartodd; i'm writing from Bergamo, in the Nord of Italia, near Suisse
    the is the giant xct 2 2020 that they sell in Italy is the same they sell in the USA too .....
    I don't know where you're writing from.
    the original cost is 2200 euros, but unfortunately with the variations I made now I am at 3800 euros ..... of the original only the frame size XL has remained ..... aiaiaiaiiaaaaaa

thecentralscrutinizer
    Post a picture if you get a chance. So what does your bike weigh?

I'm in the USA and work part-time at a local Giant Store.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    I should pick up the xct from the store on Saturday or at most Monday; I have no idea of ​​the weight; I believe I have taken almost 1.8 kg off .... the wheels are sturdy enough for winter use here in the Italian Alps ... industry nine front hub, race face arc 27 simm rim, dt 350 rear hub race face arc 27 simm rim. ...
    the wheels I wanted absolutely quality but robust; then when the summer arrives I think I will fit some Italian space carbon wheels and take half a kg more ...

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    ecco qualche foto della la mia nuova Giant Xtc 2020, completamente rivoluzionata.
    di originale Ť rimasto solo il telaio.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-giant2-2020.jpg  

2020 Rumours/Hopes and dreams...-giant4-2020.jpg  

thecentralscrutinizer
    I like the wheels and fork changes you made. Bike looks good. How are you liking the new bike?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    obviously I like it, I come from a Specy s works ht, so I would say that sincerely I still have to find the qualities of this Giant, and to be able to give a review you need different tests of use in different types of path .....
    I removed almost 2 kg from the weight of the original bike but they are still just over 10 kg. The weight is not such an important factor for me .... I did my utmost to mount it with quality and durable components .... complete group xt with ckank xtr, seatpost and handlebar bend in carbon, schwalbe tires, sid fork, dt swiss 350 r industry 9 f ... hubs, race face arc 27 rims......etc etc...
    (the carbon wheels that I will put on next summer are missing)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12