2019 Trance 29 - Page 9- Mtbr.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 2019 Trance 29

mtbr member
    Can anyone confirm what seatpost clamp diameter a Trance 29 would take? I'd like to get a slimmer one that takes an allen bolt as opposed to a QR. Would a 34.9mm be correct?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    As mentioned before, DPX2 and X01 Cranks got added to my build.

More to come soon...
    Hi, how do you like the factory series DPX2 with Evil compression tune in open mode?

I do not know why Giant set the schock compression tune so light for the trance 29.

update: I have called to fox authorized service center about the damping. They confirmed that I am not alone with the issue of giant light tuned shocks which do not provide sufficient damping. They said, that giant change the damping to the very light about 2 years ago. They can rebuild it but cannot quarantie it will work with the bike. I am going to contact giant.

I have recently tested new scott spark and specialized stumpjumper ST with FOX dps shocks, and their shocks compression and rebound works just fine in open mode even with my weight 94kg.

nice review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HNNaUtGmg
    Last edited by davidmartin; 3 Days Ago at 01:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Damping is specific for the rider and riding style. Maybe they wanted to make the bike supple and smooth especially considering the limited travel and they tuned it around light and medium weight riders and moderate trails.
    The force excreted on the bike can vary drastically depending on the rider weight, speed, skill and style.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinCRO View Post
    Damping is specific for the rider and riding style. Maybe they wanted to make the bike supple and smooth especially considering the limited travel and they tuned it around light and medium weight riders and moderate trails.
    The force excreted on the bike can vary drastically depending on the rider weight, speed, skill and style.
    Yeah, it seems it is tailored to light and medium weight riders, but they could at least inform the customers about that before the purchase. I realy like the shock dumping feel of my anthem 2015/16 model year, or 2019 scott spark, stump ST, ... it works great. I really did not expect that riding on a new dpx2 shock on a new giant trail bike would feel in open mode like pogo stick.

Local giant store thinks the shock is for waranty claim, but when I checked other same specs bike they had on display, it was the same no damping feel. And fox service center insist on the very light tune damping based on giant instruction.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789