2019 Giant Bikes Released- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    174
    My MTB adventures! Subscribe & Like!

    http://toogyhowsermtb.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    37
    It's looks like the hardtails have a small fender on the front but not on the full sus.

    Is that the first time a bike vendor has added fenders from the factory?

    If they are so great why not add them to the full sus bikes as well?

    Ahh so many questions

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: teK--'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    316
    Disappointed there is no DVO suspension... or maybe that is only for the Reign and Glory so here's hoping...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    A Trance with a Fox 36 fork is quite surprising. Apart from that it's still the same sh*t. A truly new Trance will not be unveiled until same time next year

    The revised Stance is far more interesting: Slacker 67.5 headangle (still too steep), QR dropouts with boost spacing though, 30mm wide rims and a 780mm handlebar - all on a beginner's bike, who would've thought that 2 years ago? The orange frame colour looks pretty intriguing too!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    48
    What do you know, they released a 27.5+ Fathom 1. And I just bought my 2018 Fathom 1 in May after deliberating over whether I should go 27.5+ or not...and it's cheaper. I had my LBS call the sales rep for any inside scoop before purchasing, none given. Boo hiss. Still happy with the 2018 though.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jeremy3220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by theLark View Post
    What do you know, they released a 27.5+ Fathom 1. And I just bought my 2018 Fathom 1 in May after deliberating over whether I should go 27.5+ or not...and it's cheaper. I had my LBS call the sales rep for any inside scoop before purchasing, none given. Boo hiss. Still happy with the 2018 though.
    I noticed the Fathom 2 comes with 2.4 Ardent Race tires that they're calling "plus tires" and the Fathom 1 comes with 2.6 Ardent Race (Maxxis doesn't list it as a plus tire but close enough I guess). They're also saying the frame has "Giant Tracker Sport Boost QR 141" hubs... I guess "Sport Boost" is an alternative to real boost? Overall the Fathom looks great, but I'm not sure about some of Giant's terminology.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3220 View Post
    They're also saying the frame has "Giant Tracker Sport Boost QR 141" hubs... I guess "Sport Boost" is an alternative to real boost?
    the hub is called Tracker Sport, the Standard is called "Boost QR" (QR =Quick Release). It's just a QR which is 6mm wider than the standard 135 QR.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22
    DVO Sus would have been nice. Debating on ordering the Trance Adv 1, but so anxious to see if they will release a 29'er version, not to mention that I am interested to see what the Trance Adv 0 will have for components etc.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    76
    Trance 29 is coming. I've heard 130/130, is that what others have heard?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3220 View Post
    Overall the Fathom looks great, but I'm not sure about some of Giant's terminology.
    I feel like Giant rewrote some things to make it look "new and exciting".

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by theLark View Post
    I feel like Giant rewrote some things to make it look "new and exciting".
    I think you just summed up the entire field of marketing

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    A Trance with a Fox 36 fork is quite surprising. Apart from that it's still the same sh*t. A truly new Trance will not be unveiled until same time next year
    I noticed this too.

    Looks like wider front tire too...i wonder if even larger would fit and if the rear clearance has changed (probably not).
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: homey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    479
    27.2 seatposts need to die! I will not buy a Giant while they continue to make bikes with these archaic standards. No decent dropper post is 27.2 and even if they’re was one it would be just one, what a dumb choice Giant. Move on. The rest of the industry has.
    Last edited by homey; 06-27-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,891
    Another year of no full suspension 27.5+ bikes and another year of ugly color schemes. Another fail from Giant.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    102
    wow, that 2019 Stance 1 is such a downgrade to my 2018 Stance 1. Front Derailleur and Deore component levels? Not good
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch
    2002 Trek Multitrack 7100

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    372
    All this money for the Trance Advanced 1 and you get a performance shock... Shocking!

    The '16 Advanced 1 was the best value for money trance ever release and I'm hoping that the next one will be next year if they decide to do a 1x12 Shimano XT build with fox factory shocks!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    since the XTR 1x12 has just been released a XT 1x12 on a redesigned Trance frame should follow suit next year

    A 2020 Trance like the 2019 Stumpjumper EVO would be great but it's hardly imaginable that a huge company like Giant is gonna go that route since you cannot sell a bike like that in good quantities to the public

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sending It Softly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17
    I was hoping to get my girlfriend a 2019 version of the Liv Pique 2 but I do not think they are making one and I have notice lowered components on other new releases as well. Any recommendations on a replacement for a bike like the Pique 2 if they do not release a new one.
    Sabrina and I enjoy mountain biking and have been recording our adventures. Check out our adventures on Youtube

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    174
    What is she currently riding?
    My MTB adventures! Subscribe & Like!

    http://toogyhowsermtb.com

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    The new Intrigue looks pretty intriguing to me...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sending It Softly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogy View Post
    What is she currently riding?
    Sabrina is currently riding a Liv Tempt 3 2017
    Sabrina and I enjoy mountain biking and have been recording our adventures. Check out our adventures on Youtube

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sending It Softly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    The new Intrigue looks pretty intriguing to me...
    Sabrina Likes the Intrigue Advanced 2 for sure and wow so do I.

    But it is a composite frame and a bit above the $3000 - $4000 Canadian we were hoping for. I do not see an aluminum frame version, do you know if one is in the works?
    Sabrina and I enjoy mountain biking and have been recording our adventures. Check out our adventures on Youtube

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    It doesn't say anything in the official press release but it's very likely that Giant will also offer an aluminium version of the 2019 Intrigue since that's their stronghold of sales out there. You may not wow an audience with an aluminium bike in 2018 but their Aluxx frames are only 200-300 heavier and significantly cheaper

    However, Canyon is also offering a women specific version of their new 2018 Spectral and it's available right now - at a much better price point.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    29
    ...

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sending It Softly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17
    Now that the site list the New bikes and comparing them. Sabrina has chosen the Liv Pique SX 2019 to be her new bike.

    What are you thoughts on it, anything i should know since I not very informed on geometry and how it effects riding.

    Sabrina is currently riding a Liv Tempt 3 2017.
    Sabrina and I enjoy mountain biking and have been recording our adventures. Check out our adventures on Youtube

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sending It Softly View Post
    Now that the site list the New bikes and comparing them. Sabrina has chosen the Liv Pique SX 2019 to be her new bike.

    What are you thoughts on it, anything i should know since I not very informed on geometry and how it effects riding.

    Sabrina is currently riding a Liv Tempt 3 2017.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Sending It Softly View Post
    Now that the site list the New bikes and comparing them. Sabrina has chosen the Liv Pique SX 2019 to be her new bike.

    What are you thoughts on it, anything i should know since I not very informed on geometry and how it effects riding.

    Sabrina is currently riding a Liv Tempt 3 2017.
    Be prepared for it be on the heavy side; aluminium frame, SRAM NX and those those tyres are HEAVY. Also she'd probably want to change the saddle, they tend to be firm.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    385
    The Fathom 2 is a ton of bike for $1100.

    2019 Giant Bikes Released-my19fathom2_colora.jpg

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    wow, that 2019 Stance 1 is such a downgrade to my 2018 Stance 1. Front Derailleur and Deore component levels? Not good

    That's what the "new" Stance 0 is for

    2018 Stance 1 $2,145
    2019 Stance 1 $1,700
    2019 Stance 0 TBD i'm guessing around $2100-$2200 (if it comes out in NA)

    2019 stance 0 Specs are:

    NX Eagle 1x12 full drivetrain
    Fox 34 Rhythm 130mm Fork
    Fox Float DPS Performance Shock
    Sram Level T (better than shimano M365 anyways)

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    851

    2019 vs 2018 Trance 3

    Just looking the new 2019 Trance 3 and comparing price and specs to 2018. Specs look pretty much the same Suntour Aion, Rockshox Deluxes, 10sp Deore groupo, dropper.

    However the MSRP dropped:
    $2350 - 2018
    $1950 - 2019

    Did I miss something here? Just want to consider the 2018 on sale right now, but if they are not cheaper than the 2019 at regular price, what is the difference?

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steel Calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    Just looking the new 2019 Trance 3 and comparing price and specs to 2018. Specs look pretty much the same

    Did I miss something here?
    the 2019 Trance 3 comes stock with 30mm rims, a huge upgrade IMO since you can run 2.6 tires at lower air pressures

    The weak brakes stay as does the sticky Suntour fork and the 1x10 drivetrain is basically a dead end upgrade wise, you need to change the whole thing if you want something better than 30/42 as lowest climbing gear (yes you could install a 28T chainring but 28/11 is a bit slow and a smaller chainring will greatly amplify pedal kickback)

    I'd recommend buying the Trance 2 instead, much better value and not technically obsolete right from the start

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    the 2019 Trance 3 comes stock with 30mm rims, a huge upgrade IMO since you can run 2.6 tires at lower air pressures

    The weak brakes stay as does the sticky Suntour fork and the 1x10 drivetrain is basically a dead end upgrade wise, you need to change the whole thing if you want something better than 30/42 as lowest climbing gear (yes you could install a 28T chainring but 28/11 is a bit slow and a smaller chainring will greatly amplify pedal kickback)

    I'd recommend buying the Trance 2 instead, much better value and not technically obsolete right from the start
    I'm considering Trance 3 for cheap'ish e-bike conversion. So not too concerned about 10 speed - though I thought that can be upgraded at some point. Trance 2 isn't that much more - so I would consider it depending on the deal.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    65
    I'm very interested in the Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1, anyone out there with this bike already? how does it handle? any issues, concerns, comments? Looking for a good/comfortable marathon/xc bike.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    I owned the Anthem Advanced Pro 29 0 2018, and sold it a few weeks ago to order the 2019 model.

    Its a really good marathon/xc bike. I love the handling, it feels really lightfooted and fast, but at the same time it feels safe and reliable when the trails get messier. The geometry is stretched and racy.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    65
    Awesome thanks for that!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by snakemau View Post
    I'm very interested in the Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1, anyone out there with this bike already? how does it handle? any issues, concerns, comments? Looking for a good/comfortable marathon/xc bike.
    I got the 2018 Pro 1 a few weeks ago, and it is great. I upgraded the crankset to XX1, put in a dropper, and updated the cockpit with a RaceFace Next 35 carbon bar. The bike is incredibly fast and very capable in the rough. No regrets at all.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by snakemau View Post
    I'm very interested in the Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1, anyone out there with this bike already? how does it handle? any issues, concerns, comments? Looking for a good/comfortable marathon/xc bike.
    there's a thread about the 2018 bike here which should have a ton of opinions:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/2018-gi...a-1061044.html
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by maclgallant View Post
    That's what the "new" Stance 0 is for

    2018 Stance 1 $2,145
    2019 Stance 1 $1,700
    2019 Stance 0 TBD i'm guessing around $2100-$2200 (if it comes out in NA)

    2019 stance 0 Specs are:

    NX Eagle 1x12 full drivetrain
    Fox 34 Rhythm 130mm Fork
    Fox Float DPS Performance Shock
    Sram Level T (better than shimano M365 anyways)

    Oh, that Stance 0 comes with Meastro suspension too, now with that 34 fork that build does beat my 2018 Stance 1, probably a lot more than the $2k my 2018 was new earlier this year. I will watch for more details.
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch
    2002 Trek Multitrack 7100

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 195
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 11:06 AM
  2. 2019 Scott bikes?
    By jtc1 in forum Scott Sports
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 01:42 PM
  3. Giant 2019 MTB bikes
    By Big nookie in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 12:33 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
  5. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM

Members who have read this thread: 21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.