2019 Anthem Advanced Pro 1- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019

2019 Anthem Advanced Pro 1

Evening All from the UK

Just ordered a 2019 Anthem Adv Pro 1

Never had a 29'er before nor a Giant MTB so looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Could not find a specific thread for the Anthems on here but sure there are some tricked out lightweight monsters out there so lets see them and hear (hopefully) how awesome they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Anthem Advanced Pro 1-screen-shot-2019-01-27-19.56.08.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ive demoed the advanced 1 and loved it. the only issue with this bike is the seatpost is 27.2, limiting the dropper options

mtbr member
    Looks good, enjoy the new ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fishywishy View Post
    ive demoed the advanced 1 and loved it. the only issue with this bike is the seatpost is 27.2, limiting the dropper options
    I've only had a short car park ride on a aluminium one to size it up, be two weeks before my actual is here.

I was wondering about the post but you can get them if you want one and internal routing too, also wondering if its even required. I have had them on previous bikes and know they inspire confidence so we shall see.

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Rider View Post
    I've only had a short car park ride on a aluminium one to size it up, be two weeks before my actual is here.

I was wondering about the post but you can get them if you want one and internal routing too, also wondering if its even required. I have had them on previous bikes and know they inspire confidence so we shall see.
    Droppers are certainly not required. That said, I've enjoyed droppers on various bikes I've demoed over the past couple years, and my first bike with a dropper is on order. I guess like a lot of things, it will depend on how you use the bike and what you level of comfort with technical terrain and a high seat post is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I love my anthem advanced 29 and donít use a dropper, so a carbon seatpost in 27.2 is great. I use mine for xc and endurance races alongside my ht.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Love my anthem advanced pro 1 - awesome bike! Upgraded mine with a KS dropper post and alloy rear triangle upgrade. lol Carbon was a bit fragile. seat stays don't like any lateral impact from the smallest crash. Having said that still love the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelmtb View Post
    Carbon was a bit fragile. seat stays don't like any lateral impact from the smallest crash. Having said that still love the bike.
    I have hammered mine. I had the 2018 model that GiantNZ gave me and told me "to do my worst" It handled everything I threw at it. Double black diamonds at the Park, 6ft drops, rock gardens, literally rode it like a park bike at times.

I now have the 19, and again ride it hard. I have had 3 heavy crashes on it during some quite aggressive night racing over the last 8 weeks and I can absolutely vouch for these things.

All the damage done from those crashes is on the seat stays and chainstays and the bike is fine other than chunks of paint missing from impacts, ranging from bodies, forks, to pedals. The first crash an 85kg person landed directly on the driveside seat stay after ramming up my rear end, Missing paint on the seat stay, and a broken spoke was the worst of the damage.

They can handle a lot more than you suggest.