2008 Trance frames 30% more than 2007!! True??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2008 Trance frames 30% more than 2007!! True??

The Giant website has the MSRP of the Trance X at $1300 but the 2007 was listed as $1000. That is a 30% increase for the extra inch of travel. What gives? Any US dealers see actual pricing yet? I was thinking of getting a Trance X frame but not at that price. I just hope Giant isn't following Specialized's lead in charging boutique prices for mass produced frames.

(I am not saying $1300 is boutique pricing, but the $2200 for a Specialized frame is.)

Oct 2005
    Welcome to inflation and a rapidly devaluing of the dollar.

You do raise an interesting point in that many of these overseas companies that build in Taiwan and now moved to China, are charging near domestic, boutique prices. ONe is actually charging more when the tally is all said and done.

mtbr member
    Is there a huge price difference when you compare a 2007 Trance to a 2008 Trance (4.2 , non-X version)? You may be comparing apples to oranges.

Ant

mtbr member
    Note that the '07 and the '08 Anthem framesets both cost $1300. I think the Trance price has been increased because it has been "improved".

But, you are right, Giant probably realized that they should charge $1300 because they can.

Jun 2007
    They were underpriced to begin with!

You're talking about a frame that's equal in performance and quality to any other frame that costs two times as much.

$1300 is still a bargain, so stop whining!

Hell, there's forks that cost more.

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Is there a huge price difference when you compare a 2007 Trance to a 2008 Trance (4.2 , non-X version)? You may be comparing apples to oranges.

Ant
    Word.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Well the 2008 Anthem Advanced is a few hundred dollars more and has actually been downgraded in a few areas (saddle, seatpost, stem, bar). Kind of a shot in the arm for those who said they would wait a year to get the carbon Anthem because it would drop in price.

Members who have read this thread: 0