2008 Trance ALUXX vs 2008 Trance Advanced- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2008 Trance ALUXX vs 2008 Trance Advanced

So, which frame is lighter? I am seriously looking at racing a Trance next year instead of an Anthem so weight is obviously important. For 2008 I know they took a bunch of weight off the 2007 aluminum design but the 2008 carbon design is exactly the same. Is it possible that the 2008 aluminum Trance is actually lighter than the carbon?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    highly doubt that the alu is lighter then carbon, as that would kill a lot of potential market for the advance.
    The weight difference just became smaller, so the weight benefits to price ratio doesnt look so bright anymore.

If you looking at racing, why aren't you looking at the anthem??

mtbr member
    I currently own the Anthem Advanced and after using a Trance a few times I like it more. It suits my riding style more. 4.2" rear and 100mm front is not an uncommon number in XC racing either.

Jul 2007
    Thereis not much in it weight wise now even before i think it was only a few hundred grams,the main difference though is that the carbon allows for a smoother ride .Every magazine i have read has said that the trance advanced is a totally different ride and it is a lot quicker because the frame soaks up the little hits so more energy is put into drive

Members who have read this thread: 0