2008 Prices.....insane!!!- Mtbr.com
    Scott is a tool.

2008 Prices.....insane!!!

I just went to the LBS and they have the 08 Trance 1 for $2600 AUD, thats less than what i paid for my 07 on special 3 months ago!!!! They have the Trance 2 for $1900 AUD.

INSANE

I'm shattered

Wal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yeah, I have considered getting a 2008 trance x 1 or trance 1, then swapping most of my parts from my trance 0 over. This years trance 0 is about $300 cheaper than mine was last year.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Which LBS, in brisbane? I am searching for one also.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohvina
    Which LBS, in brisbane? I am searching for one also.
    Sorry mate, the shop is in Melbourne. Best of luck!

Wal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    it seems Giant manage to lower the cost of their bikes but Specialized got it backwards instead. now thats insane!!!!!
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    I have a feeling your LBS didnt get the figures right. Lowering the price of an outstandingly priced bike doesnt seem logical.
    I mean if your right though, sweet!!! nice work giant.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    it seems Giant manage to lower the cost of their bikes but Specialized got it backwards instead. now thats insane!!!!!

haha i was just going to say that!

I AM I AM
    Yeah that would be like a whopping $300+ less for the Trance 2.
    Have you compared specs though?

I remember my Trance 3 in '06 was RRP $2250 or so and came with Hayes Soles, Tora 318, Race Face XC Ex type bb & cranks, Easton EA30 stuff, and Sram X7 running gear.
    For '07 the trance 2 became equivalent to the Trance 3 and some parts were changed (like Race Face Ride cranks).

I haven't checked out the '08 in detail, but perhaps the Trance prices have been lowered as maybe it's not so high in the food chain due to the new Trance X, so some incentive to buy the regular trance over that?

Jul 2006
    Looking at the changes in the frames, I can see major cost reduction in the assembly of the frame. Hydro forming the 06-07 lower down tube was probably a major time deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    I just went to the LBS and they have the 08 Trance 1 for $2600 AUD, thats less than what i paid for my 07 on special 3 months ago!!!!
    I've got an order in for the Trance X1 (Nov delivery), from a sydney bike shop for $2600...

Great value..

mtbr member
    Waldog this years T1 is a XT / X9 level spec bike for the $2600 you're talking about so not quite the killer deal you think. If I'm not wrong that's = to a '07 T2 and they were going for around $2,200-2,300 last year.

Still yeah I agree SpecialEd suckz and are over priced POS.

Don't see no damn 29er Trance in there yet WTF is up with Giant? haven't they figured it out yet, don't they know they're missing the boat???
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Jul 2007
    So spesh suck and giant don't make what you want, lifes a *****, it must be so hard

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Im not saying spesh suck, they make good bikes indeed but I must say that the price for 2008 is pretty high.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I am patiently waiting for the Giant Reign 1 to rock up at the LBS, AU $2795RRP and I have a discount coupon they will honour dropping it to to AU $2570...what a bargain

May 2007
    Rode a Reign 1 at my LBS - stiffer and lighter than my 06 Trance 2...Yeehah!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nukls
    That's good to hear, the Reign has arrived and is being built now...cannot wait to go for a spin , just worried about the bronze colour, looks poo brown in the photos .

mtbr member
    It's pretty nice in the flesh... It's a rich bronze/ochre. I rode the R1 here in Canberra a couple of weeks back. Liked it but as I said, went with the Trance X1.

mtbr member
    I have been waiting on the 08 Reign X frameset to be available in the US. I have been told late next week, but know Giant sometimes are later on their release dates. Anyone else hearing anything?
    Ride!

mtbr member
    Weighed it on an accurate scale did you? I'm curious, what was the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by nukls
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirium
    It's pretty nice in the flesh... It's a rich bronze/ochre. I rode the R1 here in Canberra a couple of weeks back. Liked it but as I said, went with the Trance X1.
    You were right it is great in the flesh, I went a little mad and bought it, just got back from the maiden ride and wow! just wow awesome bike awesome value

mtbr member
    Congrats! It's a great bike. I came close to getting one when I rode it, but decided it was a bit too much bike for me and my riding style...

I saw the Trance X2 in the flesh this afternoon... It looks like the old SR-71 Blackbird. Jet black. Pretty mean looking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    just makes the decision easier...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    decision easier...
    ?? Decision to what?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

I AM I AM
    ?? Decision to what?
    I think he meant that it makes the decision easier in regards to which brand of bike you would buy.

Members who have read this thread: 0