2007 Giant Reign 1- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2007 Giant Reign 1

G'day!

I'm from Australia and i recently gave a FS bike a go for the first time, it was a 2007 Giant Reign 1, pretty good for a starter i think..

Anyway i took it for a demo, i loved it! FS bikes defiently give you heaps more confidence! i took a few big drops 6-8ft and went down hill like a freight train!

So, i asked them if the Demo bike was for sale, it is as the new stuff is coming out 2008, after haggling with them over a couple of weeks i got their price down to $1750AU, now do you think this is a decent price for a demo bike that has been used over a year?

At first i was going to buy a new bike, but then when i tried out the demo i thought well what i could do is buy the used bike and then buy a new/better frame at a later stage and put all the components on there...

Anyway, tell me what you think about the price.

PS. The bike is in good condition. needs a tune up and i think she'll be sweet!

I live to bike
    Don't know what Australian dollars equate to US dollars, but $1750 US would be a good price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity
    i took a few big drops 6-8ft and went down hill like a freight train!

PS. The bike is in good condition. needs a tune up and i think she'll be sweet!
    you gotta work out what the likelihood that a bunch of other dudes have taken that bike out in the last year and also hit a few big drops. they're a tough bike but nothing lasts forever...

but if it really does seem in good condition, sounds like a good price.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah, well it probably has been abused, but nothing a good pull it all apart and give it a good solid service won't bring it back to life.

It seems like a good condition bike to me, it needs a minor service.

I bought the bike and it goes in for a full over haul on monday

Aug 2007
    my brother just bought a demo 2007 giant riegn, amazing bike. couple of nicks but thats it.

if you r worried about the frame i doubt its been ridden so hard its gonna crack, plus you say swap it out later but i think you will be hard pressed to get a better bike design then that my friend, unless you were looking for some crazy dh/fr bike, for all mountian/ fr you r not likely to do any better.

the stock cranks on that bike will break though, raceface xc the reveiws r all terrible my brother broke them in 2 rides. other then that float rlc pro pedal in the back, wicked bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey mate,

Yeah thanks!, i have checked all the joints and welds, there doesn't seem to have any cracks and if there is they would have to be microscopic!

I'll let you know how it goes when the bike shop and i tear it down

mtbr member
    congrats! I'm sure it'll be a great ride. enjoy.

Members who have read this thread: 0