2004 Nrs Air- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2004 Nrs Air

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2004 Nrs Air

Anyone here have the 2004 NRS AIR (Carbon Fiber) frame yet? Would just like to know your feedback. Thinking of buying a frame and built it from there. I was told by my dealer that all the NRS AIR are sold out but they have frame available.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Still waiting for my frame. Should be any week now. By the way there is NO WAY the bike is sold out. My dealer wanted to get me a complete bike but I'm having him build instead. I say call another dealer to confirm on the "sold-out" BS.

As for reviews, I imagine they'll start piling in within the next month or so.

mtbr member
    Depends on the bike shope whether they are sold out or not. Some shops dont get priority so if they dont order early enought there SOL. I woulda had the same problem but I ordered my bike in September........should be here early March.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Giant Bicycle down in Southern CA told me that they are sold out. They told me to contact my local Giant dealer, but none of the Giant dealer I called have them. They are all spoken for.

mtbr member
    You can have mine for $10 000

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just found a frame and it should be here by thursday. Can't wait to built it.

mtbr member
    That was quick, I ordered my Air back in September and it wont be here till March. Probably me living in Canada has something to do with that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Called every Giant dealer in state of California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Arizona. Hopefully this guy in Nevada is not taking for a ride. He said that the original guy that ordered it had a change of heart. Lucky me or should I say unlucky me.

mtbr member
    Definately lucky you...........how much?
    Welcome to the Carbon Fibre NRS Club

Cleavage Of The Tetons

I have an 18.5 frameset...

PM me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    Definately lucky you...........how much?
    Welcome to the Carbon Fibre NRS Club

I'll take your word for it. Paid $1600.00 including shipping. No sales tax since it's coming from Nevada. According to the UPS website, it is schedule to arrive today.

mtbr member
    Man thats like twice the price of the aluminum frame, no wonder they had to spec the Air with XT. People are going nuts over this bike! I'm gonna have to hire protection for when I go to races so I dont get mugged. Then again it is the nicest mountain bike ever built. Bike should be here in a few weeks, it's driving me insane

Feb 2004

strength and durability????

Being a carbon fiber frame is anyone concerned about durability? I have been warned every time I buy new Easton 70 handle bars that once they are nicked it is over. With this frame being made of carbon fiber will it be an issue? Will it hold up to a wreck or 2 or in my case many?

Anybody know how this frame will holdup to a 210lb rider doing moderate technical with nothing greater that 2' drops?

I am mostly an all mountain rider with “Epic” on the brain.

Thanks
    Doug

mtbr member
    I dont recommend NRS's to anyone over 190lbs. Buy something a little more overbuilt like a specialized or a sugar (though gary's line up this year really sucks)

Feb 2004

thanks

Maybe I will look into the Lithium...just no reviews on it yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Why don't you recommend NRS for 190 pounder guy? I have a friend that it's about 210 lbs and ride one of those Trek Fuel 100. Is it something to do with Carbon Fiber frame or is it the Manufacturer (Giant).

mtbr member
    I just dont think the 4 bar linkage on the rear swingarm is very overbuilt. Something with less pivot points is less flexy, so you will get less ghost shifting and brake rub. If you were to get something like a 4 bar Kona that is built up a bit more you wouldnt run into those problems as much. The Trek is good too cause it's like the Sugar (same company only better bike), shock is just in a different place. It's got nothing to do with the carbon as I dont even have that in my hands yet........and I am only speaking conservatively as I have raced an NRS for the past 2 years........however I only weight 135lbs so it's just a judgement call. I've heard the NRS swingarm can get a bit flexy for 190+ lbs, but I cant say from experience cause I dont even weigh enough to flex a SID