2003 NRS 3 Headset Question- Mtbr.com
    mdf

Jan 2004

2003 NRS 3 Headset Question

Does any one know what kind of head set is on the 03' NRS 3. It's an Ahead Set of some kind but has no model indentification.

I am simply trying to find another crown race that is compatible with this particular head set. I want to be able to swap out multiple forks quickly without having to pound and press the race on and off.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mdf
    Does any one know what kind of head set is on the 03' NRS 3. It's an Ahead Set of some kind but has no model indentification.

I am simply trying to find another crown race that is compatible with this particular head set. I want to be able to swap out multiple forks quickly without having to pound and press the race on and off.

Anyone?
    Most of the headsets on Giants I've seen have a split bottom race (race has cut in it) that you can take off and install by hand - no hammering or race setter needed.

mtbr remember
    FSA integrated headset- not Ahead set-that was diacompes headset back in the day I believe. BTW, I have no problem removing a fork on mine quickly, I don't pound or press anything and have had no headset play mentioned in other threads.