2000 Giant XTC- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2000 Giant XTC

Tool

New question here. 2000 Giant XTC

Does anyone own a similar frame? I'm looking to replace a '99 GT Avalanche frame and I'd appreciate a comparison if anyone can do it. Is a used XTC worth any money at all? Is it durable? I ride mostly XC, but tend to look for difficult terrain with 1-2 foot drops. Any help appreciated, thanks.

--Kevin

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I have a 2002 XTC SEII frame. It is tin can light. I threw the bike in anger when it was new and it received two very small dents. I have a couple thou cross country miles on it with no problems---is actually holding up WAY better than my Trek7000 did.
    I probably wouldn't take any drops over a foot or 2 tho--after all it is a cross country racing frame.

Quote Originally Posted by OverStuffed
    Does anyone own a similar frame? I'm looking to replace a '99 GT Avalanche frame and I'd appreciate a comparison if anyone can do it. Is a used XTC worth any money at all? Is it durable? I ride mostly XC, but tend to look for difficult terrain with 1-2 foot drops. Any help appreciated, thanks.

--Kevin

Rollin' a fatty
    If you want to do drops the XTC is not the bike for you, look for a Warp, VT or AC for those stunts.

If you want a XC racing hardtail the XTC is it or you could look in to the NRS series.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Well it aint to weak...after all the pro trials rider, jeff lenosky uses the xtc frame. But, seeing it is a 2000 model and 2004 are already out, I'd say that it has had it's fair share of use. So you might want to skip it, but if you can find a newer frame, Why not?
    Heres my new xtc2
    http://galleries.mtbreview.com/mtbr/...s/104_0451.asp

Sep 2004
    Here's my XTC DS2 2000, Still going strong. So it depends how abused it's been. I have no desire at all to replace it yet. Surprises me, actually.

I went to this from an Avalanche as well and I fell in love with it immediately, because it "felt" like a hard tail without the ass end bouncing all over the place in the rough stuff.