11-34 vs.11-32 Cassette- Mtbr.com
    Upgrade Addict

11-34 vs.11-32 Cassette

I can get a very good deal on a new 11-32 XT cassette (M760). My question is, will I notice a big difference in the two? I am assuming that the smaller ring would give an easier granny gear??? Is that correct?

Duck? Any advice?

Wandervans

Depends on where you live

I think the 34 is nice for the long climbs and really steep stuff, but if you don't ride that stuff a 32 will work great. A 32 will just force you to do more pushing while the 34 might allow you to spin.

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Just passing through....

I don't ride a Giant yet...

Quote Originally Posted by johnmre
    I can get a very good deal on a new 11-32 XT cassette (M760). My question is, will I notice a big difference in the two? I am assuming that the smaller ring would give an easier granny gear??? Is that correct?

Duck? Any advice?
    But I'm in the market for an NRS. When going to the smaller cog on the rear, you lose some granny, not gain it. I switched a few months back from an 34 to a 32, and I've found it to be fine, and I ride mostly hills. A little more effort is required on the really steep stuff, but after a few months I don't really notice. Its forced me to become stronger, although I don't know if thats the proper way to seek strength. Everyones going to be different though, and like the other post said, it depends on where you ride the most. The difference wasn't that huge for me, and I'm not exactly the strongest rider out there. I say go for it. They aren't that expensive anyway, and if its a good deal like you said, you haven't much to lose.

Members who have read this thread: 0