Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

08 Anthem

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Grrrr 
#1 ·
I understand that there are no changes save for the finish on the 08' Anthem. While "riding for looks" isn't the main reason to get a bike, I am very interested in what they will look like as I would like to potentially pick one up...Anyone have any idea where to find some pics or have any? Thanks.

Neil

#2 ·
Your Giant dealer has their full book of specs right now. We have ours, but I have been too busy with my final papers for school to remember to bring the CD home and post specs. Well....not too busy to check back here more often than I should. :rolleyes: Hahaha! I can tell about the only model you need to know about, though.

Anthem 1 $2500
Full XT!
WTB laser disc lite wheelset
Fox F80RL
Fox RP2 in the specs, RP3 in the pic (They build them according to spec, pic was preproduction)
Michelin dry something or other tires
Race Face finishing
WTB Silverado Team SL saddle
Team Blue on top, Brushed on 'da bottom

Pretty sick!

-Chris

#3 ·
I am not so sure they do...I am in Canada, and they seem to a little slow with getting that info usually. I have asked my dealer this afternoon, so I will find out. Sound like the colours are the same as last year...Could you be so kind as to post details on the Anthem Zero and Advanced. I am eyeing one of those two depending on price. Thanks.

N.

CRogge said:
Your Giant dealer has their full book of specs right now. We have ours, but I have been too busy with my final papers for school to remember to bring the CD home and post specs. Well....not too busy to check back here more often than I should. :rolleyes: Hahaha! I can tell about the only model you need to know about, though.

Anthem 1 $2500
Full XT!
WTB laser disc lite wheelset
Fox F80RL
Fox RP2 in the specs, RP3 in the pic (They build them according to spec, pic was preproduction)
Michelin dry something or other tires
Race Face finishing
WTB Silverado Team SL saddle
Team Blue on top, Brushed on 'da bottom

Pretty sick!

-Chris

#7 ·
The ride is sweeter with the 80 mm in front so no need to move to Australia.

I just saw a few pictures of the -08 anthem advanced. It looks the same but with White black painting and XTR wheels instead of slr. There will also be a cheaper advanced do not remember the specification though...

#8 ·
Can you post?

Any chance of posting those pics you saw?

kentkreitler said:
The ride is sweeter with the 80 mm in front so no need to move to Australia.

I just saw a few pictures of the -08 anthem advanced. It looks the same but with White black painting and XTR wheels instead of slr. There will also be a cheaper advanced do not remember the specification though...

#11 ·
Aus pricing out now, specs Wed

For all the Australians interested in an 08, my LBS had pricings on Friday. They did not have any specs, however - they said they'd get them by Wednesday (22nd August.)

The pricing compared to the USA is very good, in fact in some cases it is so good it makes me think that they may have reduced the spec for this market. Aus dollar is worth around 80c US (was 85c US a week or 2 ago.) Let's compare a few LBS prices to the Giant US webpages:

Model - US$ RRP - AUD RRP
Anthem Advanced - 6300 - 7250 (Same as last year)
Anthem 0 - 4400 - 4200 (WAY cheaper in Aus - lower spec?)
Anthem 1 - 2600 - 2995 (also Anthem Women's)
Anthem 2 - 1875 - 1995
Trance 1 - 2400 - 2900
Trance 2 - NA - 2195
Trance X0 - 3700 - 4295
Trance X1 - 2700 - 2895
Trance X2 - 1900 - 2295 (also Cypher - which is basically the Trance X Women's)

They had more prices, but these were the ones I asked for. Given that the Aus$ was quite strong a couple of weeks ago, and has since taken quite a dive, maybe anyone holidaying in Australia soon should buy a bike from here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.