mtbr member

01 ac is creaking and moaning... pivots??

just last week a groaning started somewhere around my crank. i originally thought it was my pedals, but a quick pedal swap didnt help. my next thought is the crank itself (truvativ stylo gxp) only a month old, but fewer than 10 hrs of riding. im starting to wonder if its the pivots creaking since its only under load and there is some lateral movement in the rear wheel when i torque 1 crank arm. it could be the shock compressing though i suppose. any thoughts?
    I talked to the LBS. they arent able to track down a new set of bearings/bolts for it... their distributer said they arent manufacturing them anymore and there are none in stock. im trying a couple other bike shops just outside of town if they can help me out, but im going to guess the same problem. is there anywhere online/bike shops that you know of able to supply and ship?

let me know if you think my problem could be from somewhere else.

thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Check the chainstays for cracks: mine went just on the dog leg and this is quite common. When I replaced it the creak I wondered about for a month finally went away. If you are sure it's one of the bushes (you will be able to see side to side movement), pull the bushes out and head to a bearing company. They should have what you need.

Wombat

Members who have read this thread: 0