WTB Volt saddle?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

WTB Volt saddle?

Anyone ridin one?
    I'm currently using a Silverado and I like the fit where I sit, though a little more padding on the nose would be nice for unexpected bumps on climbs.

Parking Lot Poser
    call around to your LBS', WTB does a demo program that some shops buy into. great way to try B4 you buy.

i have used several WTB saddles over the years, always liked the Speed V, i'd say go for it

meow meow
    i used a volt breifly on a demo bike. i liked it a lot though i feel the shape is closer to a devo or rocket v.

ready to ride
    One came with my tallboy. It felt great at first then after a few hours in the saddle it was unbarable. I was wearing biking shorts and the saddle ate me up and chaffed me pretty bad. Never had a saddle do that to me before. I am 5'10 with a pretty narrow body frame and that saddle is pretty narrow so I would have thought it would work but didn't for me.

I replaced it with a Pure V and am much happier.

If you are a masochist I would be happy to sell you mine

ready to ride
    Also if you are looking for more padding on the nose the volt is not what you want. It's pretty rigid. Pure V on the other hand sounds more like what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedbackguys.
    I really like 133-135 mm width saddles (I'm 5'6" 150# FWIW), which none of the above suggestions are. I briefly tried a Laser V, but found it too "couch like"/ bulky. Also I'm kinda leary of the pronounced whale tail design of some of the WTB offerings for obvious reasons in technical settings. The Volt looks subtle in it whaliness, which is why I like the Silvy too. But skinny version of the Devo might fit the bill. Lastly, I'm a bit of a weight weenie these days....

Suggestions for any other brands/models that might fit my shape/size/weight dimensions out there??
    (ie 135mm width, 270+/-g, fairly flat/not domed side to side (like my Bonty)

edited target saddle weight- forgot how light my Silvy is at 200 or so :/
    Last edited by Noclutch; 06-25-2012 at 06:54 PM.

ready to ride
    The Volt didn't work for me and I have read where it didn't work for others but I don't know their height and weight. If you want to try out the volt maybe consider a trade or something? PM me if you want to try it out.

mtbr member
    I got one that came with my Tallboy that I have never ridden. Wanna trade something for it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnmtns View Post
    Also if you are looking for more padding on the nose the volt is not what you want. It's pretty rigid...
    So the Volt has less padding than the Silvy on the nose, AND is more rigid?
    The Silvy is good in that there is some flex in it's thinly padded nose...
    It looks like the Pure at least has some droop to its nose, which looks helpful also...
    Last edited by Noclutch; 06-26-2012 at 04:22 PM.

ready to ride
    Not familiar with the Silverado so hard to compare. The Volt does have some padding in the nose a little less than the Pure V. I think the big difference for me is that the sides of the Volt are very stiff and are almost flush with the bars. The Pure V seems to have a little more give in that area. Also a bit wider and more padding in the tail. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    WTB Volt is similar to old-school leather WTB rocket-v team with ti rails. The new Rocket-v is fuller and thicker, the Volt has a better shape than either. Instantly my favourite saddle.

Members who have read this thread: 7