Na
    Aug 2018

Wow $

$90
    For
    One

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The Bontrager Chupacabra tires on my stache (now the XR2 Team Issue) are $95 each.

My Honda that hauls my bike has tires that only cost $80 each! It's insane, the plus size market is just getting screwed

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Specialized tires are about half that price.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    The Bontrager Chupacabra tires on my stache (now the XR2 Team Issue) are $95 each.

My Honda that hauls my bike has tires that only cost $80 each! It's insane, the plus size market is just getting screwed
    You've never bought fatbike tires, have you? Absolute cheapest ones are usually about $60. A good120 tpi tire goes for around $100-$150. Studded ones mostly well north of $200. I have 2 sets of tires (both 120tpi) for my fatbike. That's close to $600 in rubber alone. Thankfully haven't needed to buy tires for years.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    More like $72 without looking hard but yes still expensive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Na
    Aug 2018
    Crazy, thats what i was thinking, vehicle tires are cheaper. $90 for rubber.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmyk View Post
    Crazy, thats what i was thinking, vehicle tires are cheaper. $90 for rubber.
    Get a Jeep. Nothing's inexpensive.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

damned rocks...
    As everything in the bike business, guess who's the fault is.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Just Empty Every Pocket

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Just Empty Every Pocket

I donít understand how/why they are still made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post

Great vehicles for what they are, I own a built TJ. If I hadn't of convinced myself that a Sprinter conversion makes sense I'd be tempted by a new four door for a DD.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    As everything in the bike business, guess who's the fault is.
    Thanks a lot Al Gore.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    You've never bought fatbike tires, have you? Absolute cheapest ones are usually about $60. A good120 tpi tire goes for around $100-$150. Studded ones mostly well north of $200. I have 2 sets of tires (both 120tpi) for my fatbike. That's close to $600 in rubber alone. Thankfully haven't needed to buy tires for years.
    OTOH, I just bought some Maxxis Mammoth from Europa for $40 a piece. Come to think of it, I buy nearly all my bike parts from there.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    OTOH, I just bought some Maxxis Mammoth from Europa for $40 a piece. Come to think of it, I buy nearly all my bike parts from there.
    I am talking retail prices, which is what OP was commenting on. FWIW, I don't think I could ever be happy with those tires. Maybe why so cheap.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I am talking retail prices, which is what OP was commenting on. FWIW, I don't think I could ever be happy with those tires. Maybe why so cheap.

OP's pic isn't showing up on my computer.

I've got three rides on the Mammoth's and they work fine so far.

Not helpful.

In Consumer Reports they are usually near the bottom of the power equipment, in-car electronics and reliability reviews (last 3 lines on these charts), at least for the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler. The Cherokee isn't much better.

Wow $-20180912_090430.jpg
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

mtbr member
    May 2004

There's still a lot of people left in this world who prefer vehicles that can back up the image they project instead of being satisfied as a poser. That's a good thing.

Especially the Wrangler. Love it or hate it, its purity and capability deserve respect in a world of overstuffed station wagons masquerading as trucks.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    OP's pic isn't showing up on my computer.

I've got three rides on the Mammoth's and they work fine so far.
    Me neither. Cheap Performance sale tires for me. $50+ for a tire is stupid. Hell, $40+ is stupid.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by prlundberg View Post
    There's still a lot of people left in this world who prefer vehicles that can back up the image they project instead of being satisfied as a poser. That's a good thing.

Especially the Wrangler. Love it or hate it, its purity and capability deserve respect in a world of overstuffed station wagons masquerading as trucks.
    You mean the rugged image? Big fail on that aspect.

searchin for Animal Chin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

And spending money to go slower and more flexy. I actually might sell my last Jeep, the TJ. The price of tires is too damn high!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Comparing fairly niche sport equipment cost to basic car tires with 1000x the production numbers and sold at walmart is not exactly apples to apples.

Na
    Aug 2018
    Dunno why image is gone but left with an icon.

Here.
    Wow $-lgpbk1y.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    You mean the rugged image? Big fail on that aspect.
    Are you trying to claim the Wrangler isn't rugged because of what Consumer Reports thinks about its electronics? I don't think you know what rugged is. There's only one other SUV left on the market today that compares, and it's in a different class and not as capable.

Formerly of Kent
    Are you trying to claim the Wrangler isn't rugged because of what Consumer Reports thinks about its electronics? I don't think you know what rugged is. There's only one other SUV left on the market today that compares, and it's in a different class and not as capable.
    So rugged they regularly break down on the side of the road under normal highway use?

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    So rugged they regularly break down on the side of the road under normal highway use?
    Hyperbole much? You may notice above that even the "trusted experts" at Consumer Reports list the Wrangler's overall reliability as average. Which is actually probably better than average when you factor in how they are used.

Formerly of Kent
    Hyperbole much? You may notice above that even the "trusted experts" at Consumer Reports list the Wrangler's overall reliability as average. Which is actually probably better than average when you factor in how they are used.
    Iím guessing 80% or more of Wranglers rarely leave a paved surface, if ever. Of the remaining 20%, most probably rarely leave regularly graded Forest Service roads.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Iím guessing 80% or more of Wranglers rarely leave a paved surface, if ever. Of the remaining 20%, most probably rarely leave regularly graded Forest Service roads.
    Pull whatever you want out of your butt, it doesn't really matter, the point is that they are not unreliable and are damned good at what they are designed for.

I just don't get the blind hate. Not everybody wants to drive a soulless appliance, even if it does come at the cost of reduced reliability. I have never owned a Wrangler and due to my hauling and towing needs probably never will. But I still love them for what they are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    soulless appliance, even if it does come at the cost of reduced reliability.
    Some people seem to love soulless appliances, even when they are less reliable.
    Just look how popular plastic mountain bikes are these day.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    Comparing fairly niche sport equipment cost to basic car tires with 1000x the production numbers and sold at walmart is not exactly apples to apples.
    I get your point, there is certainly an economy of scales factor going on here. Considering the amount of material and engineering involved I guess it's amazing how cheap a care tire is in comparison.

I still use it as an example for my non biking family of how expensive this sport really is

mtbr member
    I get your point, there is certainly an economy of scales factor going on here. Considering the amount of material and engineering involved I guess it's amazing how cheap a care tire is in comparison.

I still use it as an example for my non biking family of how expensive this sport really is
    How expensive this sport can be, not how it has to be. There are decent $20-25 mountain bike tires available, but most of us are chasing after more performance and love riding enough to not question a lot of the money we throw at it.

Budget car tires can be surprisingly cheap, but if you want to see a really expensive sport look at tires for taking a good car to track days. $600-2000+ for a set of tires that could only last a handful of track days. That's the closer equivalent to buying the highest of high end bike tires

Land of the 230+
    If youre into schwalbes, get a group order with some friends going. bike-discount, starbike, and a couple others have cheap schwalbes. I'm rocking some sub-$20 nobby nic 2.8x27.5s at this very moment. I bought like 8 or 10 plus tires in varying widths and compounds. But they were leftovers from the pre-addix days.

mtbr member

Because of the demand. The Wrangler consistently tops the list of all cars and trucks in value retention. They are so highly sought after that it is not uncommon for used Jeeps to sell for close to new prices.
    Last edited by Rockadile; 09-15-2018 at 10:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Iíll just leave this here

Name:  IMG_4726.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  42.6 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockadile View Post
    Because of the demand. The Wrangler consistently tops the list of all cars and trucks in value retention. They are so highly sought after that it is not uncommon for used Jeeps to sell for close to new prices.
    Yep.
    I have a Jeep Rubicon JKU that I'm considering trading in.
    I paid $38,000 four years ago.
    The dealership just offered me $31,000 for it. And I could sell it for even more private party.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 09-16-2018 at 01:06 AM.

mtbr member

I'm on my 4th Jeep Wrangler. (1 TJ, 3 JK)
    My wife has owned 2 Liberties, and currently owns a Cherokee.

Perhaps we've just been lucky, but we have never been left stranded. In fact, the most expensive thing I ever had to repair was a catalytic converter on a '97 TJ.

Actually, the only vehicles we've had issues with were a '99 4Runner and an '04 Matrix.
    And those weren't made by Jeep. Ahem....

Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 09-15-2018 at 09:35 AM.

since 4/10/2009
    My wife owned a Liberty. First and last jeep in this household. Wheel broke off during rush hour morning traffic on the interstate in downtown Indianapolis.

Plastic OEM window mechanisms failed 3 times. Replaced with powder coated steel aftermarket parts. Had to dig into the dash to replace some parts for the heater (don't remember which at this point). All before 60k miles.

Replaced with a subaru, gladly.

mtbr member

So true. I love my wrangler. Itís not for everyone... but thereís nothing else like it

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Here's the new Wrangler on the Rubicon.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Yep.
    I have a Jeep Rubicon JKU that I'm considering trading in.
    I paid $38,000 four years ago.
    The dealership just offered me $31,000. And I could sell it for even more private party.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    And spending money to go slower and more flexy. I actually might sell my last Jeep, the TJ. The price of tires is too damn high!
    So, what. You'd change your handle to EugeneTheToyota? EugeneTheChrysler?

Jesus Chrysler drives a Dodge, btw.

tire to rim ratio tester
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn View Post
    How expensive this sport can be, not how it has to be. There are decent $20-25 mountain bike tires available, but most of us are chasing after more performance and love riding enough to not question a lot of the money we throw at it.

Budget car tires can be surprisingly cheap, but if you want to see a really expensive sport look at tires for taking a good car to track days. $600-2000+ for a set of tires that could only last a handful of track days. That's the closer equivalent to buying the highest of high end bike tires

But if you want tubeless ready MTB, that's usually $50+, it's just the way it is. Most of the $20-25 tires are leftover 26" tires or Chinese off-brands, I know because I have some of them lol.
    "A $1700 bike is not fit to be hucked from a curb"
    MTB B'Dos

tire to rim ratio tester
    Me neither. Cheap Performance sale tires for me. $50+ for a tire is stupid. Hell, $40+ is stupid.

I dunno man, Maxxis tires are usually at least $50 each but they last forever. I'm 1300 miles into my 2.5 and it was worth every penny of the $50 I spent on it, still grips well.
    MTB B'Dos

mtbr member
    May 2004
    There's a sucker born every minute.
    Yeah, buying a vehicle that has such low depreciation is so stupid.

searchin for Animal Chin
    So, what. You'd change your handle to EugeneTheToyota? EugeneTheChrysler?

Jesus Chrysler drives a Dodge, btw.
    Lately it's been EugeneTheF150, but I still like Eugene the Jeep, he's magic ya know? https://youtu.be/vzUqxd66qGk?t=1m20s

mtbr member
    That's just Finch being Finch.
    Most of us have learned to take what he types with a 'grain of salt.'

Thick skin is kind of a requirement on this forum. We have a lot of members with suppressed anger issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn View Post
    Hardly. Unless your bike tyres can support two-tons of metal going sideways at one-hundred miles an hour?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Hardly. Unless your bike tyres can support two-tons of metal going sideways at one-hundred miles an hour?
    It's actually a decent comparison. It just requires a little bit of critical thinking and comprehension to grasp the concept. You can find the cheapest, low performance bicycle tires for about $10. The most expensive, high performance for about $100. That's approximately the same scale by which car tires increase. It's actually a great comparison based on your view point. It accurately puts things in perspective. Now if you just want to gripe about how expensive things are it's terrible because it puts things in perspective.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Depends on the model of Jeep. Some depreciate quickly.

Can happen to all makes & models, so tough to make a blanket statement here.

One ring to mash them all
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    I bought a 2005 TJ last year with 72k miles. I saw a couple ads yesterday for 2005 TJs with >100k miles listing for $2-3k more than I paid.

Runs fine, small oil leak, but the CEL recently came on with a code indicating one of the downstream O2 sensors. I see there are entire jeep forum threads devoted to this, time to join another forum I guess.
    All Li es Matter

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I bought a 2005 TJ last year with 72k miles. I saw a couple ads yesterday for 2005 TJs with >100k miles listing for $2-3k more than I paid.

Runs fine, small oil leak, but the CEL recently came on with a code indicating one of the downstream O2 sensors. I see there are entire jeep forum threads devoted to this, time to join another forum I guess.
    We're definitely OT.

Still, not sure your example of 1 year of use on a 13 year old vehicle proves anything either way. For example, the Jeep Compass (maybe not a "real" Jeep based on what you guys are quoting) is the 2nd highest depreciating vehicle in the US so far in 2018. If there's a halo effect of the other hardcore off-road versions, it just isn't transferring to these other models.

mtbr member
    It's actually a decent comparison. It just requires a little bit of critical thinking and comprehension to grasp the concept.
    Oh really? I disagree.

Your comparison takes no account of anything other than relative costs of higher and lower end products in the two markets. You could make the same relative comparison between shotguns and frozen pizzas and it would be every bit as meaningless.

Car tyres use far more material than bike tyres, they are much bigger so will cost more to transport, they have to perform under much more extreme conditions and are subject to far more development, regulation and certification costs so should cost much more than bike tyres. Yes, they are more expensive but it seems obvious to me the good bike tyres are too expensive for what you are getting.

Why? Because good mountain bike tyres are not an essential purchase. They are a leisure item and as soon as you switch the buying brain mode from 'need' to 'want' you can charge what you like. Which is why the mark-up on perfume is enormous.

One ring to mash them all
    Gotcha. I wasn't really trying to prove anything, and I certainly don't think a 2005 TJ is appreciating. But it was an interesting (and fun!) observation.
    All Li es Matter

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Oh really? I disagree.

Your comparison takes no account of anything other than relative costs of higher and lower end products in the two markets. You could make the same relative comparison between shotguns and frozen pizzas and it would be every bit as meaningless.

Car tyres use far more material than bike tyres, they are much bigger so will cost more to transport, they have to perform under much more extreme conditions and are subject to far more development, regulation and certification costs so should cost much more than bike tyres. Yes, they are more expensive but it seems obvious to me the good bike tyres are too expensive for what you are getting.

Why? Because good mountain bike tyres are not an essential purchase. They are a leisure item and as soon as you switch the buying brain mode from 'need' to 'want' you can charge what you like. Which is why the mark-up on perfume is enormous.
    You can disagree all you like. It still doesn't change the fact it's an accurate comparison. Something like a shotgun and frozen pizza are not like items, tires, despite differences in scale, are. Their increases in cost vs performance scale relatively similar. A similar performance level bike tire costs about 1/10th that of a car tire. I'm not going to bother running volume numbers but it wouldn't shock me if it was overall 1/10 the size either.

As you said it's an economy of scale. However I think it would shock you that the number of high performance car tires and high performance bike tires sold are going to be closer than you think. Why? You can't drive most high performance car tires on the street. There is also the issue around transport cost. With car tires you can probably fill a container solely with that product. With bike tires most likely not. You now have to pay a consolidator a fee to help fill that container. Once they hit their destinations the logistics networks for the two are drastically different. One has an entire industry built around it. The other, not so much. Yes, they are both too expensive for what they are but despite that their too expensive costs do scale.

mtbr member
    A similar performance level bike tire costs about 1/10th that of a car tire.
    No it doesn't.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    No it doesn't.
    Yes, it does. Cheapest bike tire ~$5. Cheapest car tire not counting retreads or used ~$50. Both are going to give a similar level of performance relative to design parameters.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post

Can happen to all makes & models, so tough to make a blanket statement here.
    Not a blanket statement. We were specifically talking about Wranglers.

mtbr member
    Yes, it does.
    So a typical price for a good quality MTB tyre in the UK is around £50. The typical price for a good quality car tyre is not £500!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    So a typical price for a good quality MTB tyre in the UK is around £50. The typical price for a good quality car tyre is not £500!!
    Ah, there's the problem you're comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing a high performance piece of equipment to an everyday use piece of equipment. A more accurate comparison would be a quality cruiser tire to a quality car tire or a quality mountain bike tire to a quality track/off road tire.

mtbr member
    A more accurate comparison would be a quality cruiser tire to a quality car tire or a quality mountain bike tire to a quality track/off road tire.
    So the average quality off-road tyre cost £500? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you could find some mad moon-buggy tyre that costs that but we're talking about the typical off-road tyre that most people put on their Jeeps. £500?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    So the average quality off-road tyre cost £500? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you could find some mad moon-buggy tyre that costs that but we're talking about the typical off-road tyre that most people put on their Jeeps. £500?
    No, we're talking about quality, not typical, tires and yes, they can hit that in USD. No clue what you guy's 4x4 tire market looks like. Track tires, which are off-road only tires as well, easily surpass that.

mtbr member
    The same is exactly true of track tires for sports cars. That was the point of my comparison, not all the other minutia of tire costs. When a consumer is looking for high performance in any category of expense, they should expect to pay what can look like an unreasonable amount under practical comparisons. Passion can get expensive, but its easy to get sucked in and hard to put a price limit on your big passions because: fun!

But I know I was having fun when I first got into mountain biking with a 90s hardtail. Has the amount of fun I have on a mountain bike increased relative to how much newer and nicer by bike is? No, definitely not.

tire to rim ratio tester

Yeah, and they are driven by a lot of soccer moms and spoiled teen girls that think Jeeps are 'cute'. Women have an SUV addiction. I'm surprised there are no self-help groups or 12-step programs for this SUV addiction epidemic. Now for MTB that's a different story, but not for the average SUV owner that has never even heard of the term off-road vehicle. But hey, they haul the groceries pretty badass.
    MTB B'Dos

tire to rim ratio tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    That's just Finch being Finch.
    Most of us have learned to take what he types with a 'grain of salt.'

Thick skin is kind of a requirement on this forum. We have a lot of members with suppressed anger issues.

I don't see anyone 'suppressing' their anger on here lol.
    MTB B'Dos

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by ALimon View Post
    So true. I love my wrangler. Itís not for everyone... but thereís nothing else like it
    This! I've own 3 Wranglers, the only reason I don't have one is because its not practical right now.

I do prefer the older Wranglres than the newer 4 door Hummer looking ones.

Other than catalytic converter, and a water pump that blew up as I arrived at our Joshua Tree camping site, I had zero issues.

Funny, to return from JT back to LA, my buddy followed me, we put water on the Jeep drove as far as we could, cool it off, rinse and repeat. We made as far as Fontana, and it died. Easy fix on Monday, and the Wrangler kept on going.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

searchin for Animal Chin
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Runs fine, small oil leak,
    Leave it alone, it's just marking it's territory!

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    This! I've own 3 Wranglers, the only reason I don't have one is because its not practical right now.

I do prefer the older Wranglres than the newer 4 door Hummer looking ones.
    Not practical for me now either, all the time I used to spend wheelin I ride MTB now! Most of the newer 4 doors are soccer mom mall crawlers. Most, but definitely not all. Oh and Jeep tires are expensive, still OT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    For me, bike tires stay under $50 or so.
    Car, truck and SUV tires run ~200-250
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    Yeah, and they are driven by a lot of soccer moms and spoiled teen girls that think Jeeps are 'cute'. Women have an SUV addiction. I'm surprised there are no self-help groups or 12-step programs for this SUV addiction epidemic. Now for MTB that's a different story, but not for the average SUV owner that has never even heard of the term off-road vehicle. But hey, they haul the groceries pretty badass.
    I know it's not EXTREME!!!, but here's one Jeep that wasn't bought for hauling groceries.

(For the record, the Jeep was only a few months old when this pic was taken at Rausch Creek, so the only mod was '33s.)

mtbr member
    People actually off-road Jeeps?? I thought it was just the car everyone's little sister commuted with in college.

They got ridculously trendy here lately. I commute an hour and the freeway morning traffic is packed with wranglers. I see the same goobers every day wearing out 35's commuting.
    WTB: Small aluminum hardtail 26 or 27.5 frame. Pm me!

the discerning hooligan
    The new Wranglers seem pretty big ( and awfully expensive) to bounce around through the woods. Love my 20yo TJ. I'm no "off roader", but my Subaru won't make it 50' up the old stage coach road that runs through our property.

Oh, and MojoGirl loves a short "adventure drive".
    Wow $-img_0670.jpg
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Vehicle tires aren't that much cheaper than MTB or high end road bike tires. However, they are cheaper but how can that be?

Are companies like Maxxis, Schwalbe, Specialized, Kenda etc etc just ripping us off?

Kinda but not as bad as you might think.

We all know research and development cost money. We all know that packaging, media and branding stuff also costs money. However, that still doesn't explain the high cost of bike tires.

It's due to economies of scale.

Simply put: bike tires especially MTB tires are not HIGHLY massed produced like vehicle tires. This does explain the HUGE price increase.

But let's take it a little bit further:

comparing a top of the line brand new MTB tire to a CHEAP vehicle tire is not the same. A cheap MTB tire can cost as little as $25 per tire.

A high end MTB tire is around $90 retail. Now compare that to a high end vehicle tire which usually costs any where between $180 - $300 per tire (excluding exotic cars of course)

No, the bike wheel manufactures are not raping us. They do have bills to pay and on top of that they still need to make profit. At the end of the day it's a business. Us paying certain companies the extra bit should hopefully go back into the company to continue making better and better products for us.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post
    No, the bike wheel manufactures are not raping us. They do have bills to pay and on top of that they still need to make profit. At the end of the day it's a business. Us paying certain companies the extra bit should hopefully go back into the company to continue making better and better products for us.
    Funny thing is, most MTB tires come from companies that mainly produce....guess what?

Yup...car tires!

It's not like there are a bunch of mom-n-pop "bike wheel manufacturers" out there.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Funny thing is, most MTB tires come from companies that mainly produce....guess what?

Yup...car tires!

It's not like there are a bunch of mom-n-pop "bike wheel manufacturers" out there.
    True~ such is the case with Continental and Goodyear for sure. They know what the market price is so they follow it. Instead of selling it cheaper they know they can profit most but at the same time not diminish the perceived "value" of their brand/product.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

Na
    Aug 2018
    Just Empty Every Pocket

Lol so true and ironic.

Frame welds fail.

https://jalopnik.com/new-jeep-wrangl...a-i-1829551649