Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    There are ALWAYS consequences for your words or actions. ALWAYS. Words have meanings, and those meanings affect people. Not everything should be said. Some things should be kept to yourself.
    I’d rather hear the truth loudly than have it whispered behind my back. Just say it! Too many people always getting their feelings hurt by anything and everything. Everything is offensive, what a joke. Grow some self confidence and deal with it. Political correctness and sugar coating is ruining our country.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheesehead View Post
    You want one for this?:

Attachment 1222426
    Yes. I want a speedo subforum

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ALimon View Post
    Too many people always getting their feelings hurt by anything and everything. Everything is offensive, what a joke. Grow some self confidence and deal with it. Political correctness and sugar coating is ruining our country.
    Ya our country is changing, and as we get older the change 'seems' to speed up. It's not. Back in 1967 everyone over 25 thought we were screwed as the country sank into an amoral drug induced slag with acid-rock playing way to loud. I was in grade school but heard my dad and his brothers talking about life since the war years. Ten years later as a HS graduate I was reading how the "revolution" had failed and we were in for BigBrother controlling our every move. Kinda a thing, but not really.

Many think like Limon, but to the contrary using good maners to deal with our neighbors is not causing this change (which) we cannot escape.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

One ring to mash them all
    Grow some self confidence and deal with it.
    That's some serious projecting right there. You should get that checked.

Either that, or you don't understand the difference between "self confidence" and "hubris."
    All Li es Matter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    That's some serious projecting right there. You should get that checked.

Either that, or you don't understand the difference between "self confidence" and "hubris."
    “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence”.

~Robert Frost

Nothing but truth right there.

since 4/10/2009
    I’d rather hear the truth loudly than have it whispered behind my back. Just say it! Too many people always getting their feelings hurt by anything and everything. Everything is offensive, what a joke. Grow some self confidence and deal with it. Political correctness and sugar coating is ruining our country.
    See, you don't want honesty. All this language is euphemism for "I don't care about anyone else's feelings and I'm tired of modifying my language out of consideration for others." In short, you just want to be an unfiltered asshole whenever you feel like it. Maybe you're even a sociopath and the only reason you play within the rules is because you face consequences for what you say.

You can be plenty honest. You just can't attack people.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bikesexual
    My mother always taught me:

"treat people the way you want to be treated"

Quite simple, really.
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

Malcolm S. Forbes.

“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence”.

~Robert Frost

Nothing but truth right there.
    "Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired"
    — Jonathan Swift
    All Li es Matter

Formerly of Kent
    “Political correctness” also prevents you from saying things you shouldn’t, and also prevents you getting your head caved in as a result.

Really, it works for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    “Political correctness” also prevents you from saying things you shouldn’t, and also prevents you getting your head caved in as a result.

Yes sir, so true. It's pretty safe to spew whatever venom one wants from behind the safety of a keyboard and a fake name though. Internet tough guy syndrome.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Speak the truth, but do it without being a jerk. There are plenty of times I get complaints PM'd to me or reported via the post report feature that I check in on and ignore because they are not valid complaints. Other times moderation is needed.

Don't hurl insults

Don't be political

and you will be fine.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    It’s pretty interesting how many of you assume speaking the the truth means being a jerk or being hurtful. I never said that, but carry on with your assumptions. Lol.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    It’s pretty interesting how many of you assume speaking the the truth means being a jerk or being hurtful. I never said that, but carry on with your assumptions. Lol.
    You seem to assume that one cannot speak the truth without being moderated on MTBR, that is not true.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post

Do you always resort to violence when you hear something that you don’t like?

Funny thing is Im very well trained in my practice of BJJ martial arts, very capable of defending myself. If my Grandmaster ever heard I caved in someone’s head because of something someone said to me I would be stripped of my belt on the spot. Violence is never the answer. Very immature to think that’s ok.

^
    All Li es Matter

Formerly of Kent

Why Not Just Delete General Discuasion

Do you always resort to violence when you hear something that you don’t like?

Funny thing is Im very well trained in my practice of BJJ martial arts, very capable of defending myself. If my Grandmaster ever heard I caved in someone’s head because of something someone said to me I would be stripped of my belt on the spot. Violence is never the answer. Very immature to think that’s ok.
    Bahahahahaha.

First and foremost, your BJJ skills don’t impress me.

Second, I didn’t imply that I have any interest in or propensity towards violence. But, since you implied it, one thing that I like to remember is this: “The enemy gets a vote, too.” Put another way, you don’t get to choose the time, place and manner of your conflicts. That maxim has served me well over the years.

I’m simply saying that what is commonly described as political correctness has benefits for society.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    You seem to assume that one cannot speak the truth without being moderated on MTBR, that is not true.
    I believe you missed my post about having a room where anything goes, without moderation?

And yes, threads get closed all the time for ridiculous reasons. You close more threads than any other mod here. You of all people should know that.

Here, diagonally!
    I believe you missed my post about having a room where anything goes, without moderation?

And yes, threads get closed all the time for ridiculous reasons. You close more threads than any other mod here. You of all people should know that.
    Here is a link with some tips on starting your own internet forum. You should definitely check it out:

https://davescomputertips.com/how-to...nternet-forum/

since 4/10/2009
    And yes, threads get closed all the time for ridiculous reasons.
    Pray tell, what ridiculous reasons are those? Examples?

Quote Originally Posted by JACKL View Post
    Here is a link with some tips on starting your own internet forum. You should definitely check it out:

https://davescomputertips.com/how-to...nternet-forum/
    This is excellent advice. ALimon should start his own with precisely the rules he wants and then report back in a year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Regardless, mtbr exists as a public forum. The owners get to control what is allowed, and how to organize each forum.

If enough users want something, they will sometimes make a concession, acknowledge the popular opinion, and make it happen.

In this case you've had an idea. The mods and owners aren't intrigued. Currently, no other users think your idea is good either.

So the idea has failed. Move on.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Regardless, mtbr exists as a public forum. The owners get to control what is allowed, and how to organize each forum.

If enough users want something, they will sometimes make a concession, acknowledge the popular opinion, and make it happen.

In this case you've had an idea. The mods and owners aren't intrigued. Currently, no other users think your idea is good either.

So the idea has failed. Move on.

Exactly... I merely posted an idea. I knew it would never happen , and you all knew it wouldn’t happen. Nothing to move on from. Then the assumptions started and it gets turned into the usual shit show. Nothing new here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator

I saw your post. a forum where anything goes and a forum that allows the truth to be told are not the same thing.

There are rules for posting on this privately owned forum, you can read them in the link in my signature. Just because the site owners want this to be a family friendly place where personal insults and political talk are not allowed does not mean you are being censored from telling the truth in your posts.

If you don't like the rules, ask the owners of the site for a refund.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

since 4/10/2009
    Exactly... I merely posted an idea. I knew it would never happen , and you all knew it wouldn’t happen. Nothing to move on from. Then the assumptions started and it gets turned into the usual shit show. Nothing new here.
    Of course that has nothing to do with the dishonest language you used to begin with. So now the whole thing is everybody else's fault, because they saw right through it. I think Mr. Pig is dead on correct about you.

mtbr member
    I'm amazed that you even allow my half-witted nonsense on here.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    I’d rather hear the truth loudly than have it whispered behind my back. Just say it!
    So you caught wind of my conversation with Harold about your rather immense tomato soup collection then?

Okay, I'll say it, you must be a very weird dude to have that much tomato soup on hand. Really, how much of that crap can a person even eat in their lifetime?
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    Really, how much of that crap can a person even eat in their lifetime?
    As long as i have a grilled cheese to dip in it, I could eat it once or twice a week for dinner and be happy.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Bikesexual
    As long as i have a grilled cheese to dip in it, I could eat it once or twice a week for dinner and be happy.
    Or white rice! Tomato Bisque is the best!
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Of course that has nothing to do with the dishonest language you used to begin with. So now the whole thing is everybody else's fault, because they saw right through it. I think Mr. Pig is dead on correct about you.
    23,381 posts? I’ve noticed how you comment on everything with authority too. I’ll leave it at that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yet just two hours ago you were still on about it?

I merely posted an idea. I knew it would never happen
    Sounds like you weren't very confident in your idea.
    All Li es Matter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Sounds like you weren't very confident in your idea.
    I think it’s a great idea. Too many thin skinned folks here that would melt down if they heard the truth! Lol.

Bicycles aren't motorized
    I think it’s a great idea. Too many thin skinned folks here that would melt down if they heard the truth! Lol.

Oh puhleez. You act like honesty requires being an asshole yet you don't appear to be very honest about being an asshole.
    It ain't supposed to be easy.

Make
    America
    Gravel
    Again

mtbr member
    I don’t want to wade into all these cat fights but I just want to say I completely agree with the sentiment that there are WAAAY too many sub-forums. Many of them are duplicative and overlapping. Folks constantly post in the wrong place because nobody wants to spend ten minutes analyzing the sub forums when they just want a quick answer. We know how we got here, the neat-nik and organizational freaks pester until they get a sub forum for every conceivable little niche of the mountain biking world. But there appears to be little if any evaluation of the costs and benefits. With less forums, the discussion is more robust and diverse. Often I post in the correct little sub-forum only to hear.... crickets. So I repost in a more popular forum so I can actually get an answer.

But I wouldn’t get rid of the General Discussion forum. It is one of the catch all’s that others should actually be combined with. Here are my recommendations:

-29er components should be combined with “Components.” The niche days of 29er components are long gone. Most components are made in multiple wheel sizes and this sub forum is a dinosaur.
    -Endurance Racing: combine with XC racing. Ever done a 100 mile downhill race? Didn’t think so.
    -Gravel: combine with Cyclocross to become “Cyclocross and Gravel”
    -Cargo bikes: Really? About ten people have actually visited this sub forum. Delete.
    -Folding bikes: Delete. At a minimum combine with cargo bikes. If you post in this forum, you will get an answer in about six months.
    -Commuting: Delete. Most of these threads could be put in other sub forums like apparel, tires, etc.
    -“Computers, Cameras, and Lights.” This new forum would combine about 5-6 sub forums, including the GPS forum, the Video/POV forum, the photography forum, the two lights forums, and probably one or two others I haven’t noticed.
    -Internal Gear Hubs: Combine with Drivetrain.
    -Wheel size sub forums: we have three of them, for 26, 27, and 29. Then we have the “Bike and Frame” sub forum. Don’t forget “General” either, or the plus, AM, Downhill, Enduro, and XC forums. Choose wisely or the neat-niks will hang you by your chamois. I’d recommend combining the 26 sub forum with the “Vintage/Retro” and then combine 27 and 29 into just “Bike and Frame Discussion.”
    -Clydesdale/Tall riders: Delete. Most tall and big riders don’t even notice this sub forum and post elsewhere anyway. But this forum is probably the most likely to survive to eternity because it’s 7-8 devotees are really, really big dudes and I wouldn’t want to piss them off.

Cheers

the half breed devil
    christ god almighty, this has really gone south...

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    So you caught wind of my conversation with Harold about your rather immense tomato soup collection then?

Okay, I'll say it, you must be a very weird dude to have that much tomato soup on hand. Really, how much of that crap can a person even eat in their lifetime?
    professional skunk-fighters, that's who.

you know about the pro skunk-fighting circuit, don't you?!?!

Moderator Moderator
    You can never make everyone happy. Someone will always complain.

Is this thread done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12