When the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't fele so good does it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! When the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't fele so good does it?

Just thought I'd share this little tid bit I found on BBC news. I really like this quote "Human rights organisations say it violates foreigners' rights to privacy and could encourage xenophobia." Personally I'm curious to know who the "human rights" organizations are who are in such an outcry Don't remember hearing any stink being made when the US introduced these measures. Maybe now some people will start to think a bit as to how they treat people when the tides are turned on them - it ain't nice being treated as a criminal any place in the world when all you are there for is a holiday or business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

"Its All Good"
    I travel constantly, am off in an hour to India.... The 2 countries that treat people the worst is the United Kingdom and the US of A............. The security are a pack of Wayne Kerrs....

I mean I totally know they are there to do a job, but some manners go along way for sure.

I totally try and avoid the UK and USA at all costs when travelling and have to stop over somewhere.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

The plough
    Come to Australia. The inbound border guards there are really nice. I truly look forward to returning every time.

The outbound bunch, however, are a LOT more surly... odd as I would think that they would be the same people just on a different rotation.

V.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I travel constantly, am off in an hour to India.... The 2 countries that treat people the worst is the United Kingdom and the US of A............. The security are a pack of Wayne Kerrs....

I mean I totally know they are there to do a job, but some manners go along way for sure.

I totally try and avoid the UK and USA at all costs when travelling and have to stop over somewhere.....
    This is probably because the UK and the USA are the primary countries attacked by terrorists in this world. As a US citizen I very much appreciate the added security steps that are taken these days.

Im a Cowboy
    Ive travelled all over.
    What can I say?....I am british........Even I dont relish coming back here these days

There is a greater chance I will meet my demise by many MANY outside influences other than terrorism, but well, y'know a frightened population is easier to manipulate and its great for passing laws that restrict freedom in "the greater good"

sorta wins the terrorists battles for them really

We is all being shafted by those that pretend to they have our interests at heart
    ..BUT ITS ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

Perpetual Hack
    I have no problem with the security.
    However, the security personel don't have to be so surly. I don't expect them to buy me a drink, however, I think common manners would be a good thing.

regards

michael
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

No Justice = No Peace
    This is probably because the UK and the USA are the primary countries attacked by terrorists in this world. As a US citizen I very much appreciate the added security steps that are taken these days.

What news do you read? We had one attack seven years ago. Go count the number of attacks on Lebanon this week. Imagine your self living under a military occupation as the Iraqui people are now. Afganistan? Get your stupid self serving American head out of the sand. If you are comfortable surrendering your rights to a nanny government in order to sleep safely at night, okay. But claiming that we have more attacks in this country is just ignorant and reinforces the narrow minded selfish world view that leads to the rising anti American sentiment world wide.
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutarious

What news do you read? We had one attack seven years ago. Go count the number of attacks on Lebanon this week. Imagine your self living under a military occupation as the Iraqui people are now. Afganistan? Get your stupid self serving American head out of the sand. If you are comfortable surrendering your rights to a nanny government in order to sleep safely at night, okay. But claiming that we have more attacks in this country is just ignorant and reinforces the narrow minded selfish world view that leads to the rising anti American sentiment world wide.
    Osama! Is that you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutarious

I read plenty of news, and not just US news either. Infighting and civil war is NOT terrorism. And you want to talk about Iraq? AMERICANS ARE BEING TARGETED OVER THERE!!! HELLO!!!!

You call me narrow minded and selfish? I'm not going to revert to name calling like you have. Your post says enough about you.

Im a Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Osama! Is that you!
    Idiot
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    americans are being targeted in Iraq?? i wonder does it have anything to do with having their country leveled by bombs and many civilians having no water or electricty for a period of years now not months, having their country turned into a worse hell hole than it ever was and looking forward to another possible dictatorship in the next few years because some retard by the grace of god thought it was a good idea to try and change about 2000 years of how their country functions, i mean i love america, it has given the world many great things and always will, but every country has its faults and they have made some serious errors in the last few years

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    americans are being targeted in Iraq?? i wonder does it have anything to do with having their country leveled by bombs and many civilians having no water or electricty for a period of years now not months, having their country turned into a worse hell hole than it ever was and looking forward to another possible dictatorship in the next few years because some retard by the grace of god thought it was a good idea to try and change about 2000 years of how their country functions, i mean i love america, it has given the world many great things and always will, but every country has its faults and they have made some serious errors in the last few years
    Hey, I agree with you 100%. The actions of our leaders, IMO, contributes to terrorists attacks on Americans over there to some extent.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp111
    J man, read my post, all I ask is for more manners and not to look at every single person as if they are terrorists....................

I flew last night from Barcelona to London. 3 hour delay, so finally got my delayed flight from London to Mumbai..... Oh and yes, they lost my baggage again, that I kid you not is 7 losses out of my last 8 flights with British Airways.......................... Yes we needs security, but I need to be able to function for my work, and I dont mean that selfishly..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    J man, read my post, all I ask is for more manners and not to look at every single person as if they are terrorists....................

I flew last night from Barcelona to London. 3 hour delay, so finally got my delayed flight from London to Mumbai..... Oh and yes, they lost my baggage again, that I kid you not is 7 losses out of my last 8 flights with British Airways.......................... Yes we needs security, but I need to be able to function for my work, and I dont mean that selfishly..
    Whafe, I hear ya man. I'm very sorry to hear about your travel nightmares. I do a fair amount of travel myself and I can't say that I've had that type of experience. At least not yet (knock on wood). I just flew from Manchester, NH to Philadelphia, PA this morning and it was pretty smooth. Same with a trip my wife and I took to Aruba in September with some friends.

It sounds like travel over on your side of the pond is a lot worse! I hope you get your lost luggage back quickly. Enjoy your trip.

JP

Members who have read this thread: 0