Whats the best website for parts and Gear?- Mtbr.com
    Do it for Deegan

Whats the best website for parts and Gear?

Im not sure if any of you are familiar with motor sports like GP road racing and motocross but the best websites for parts and gear is Motosport.com and btosports.com. I looking for the equivalent for mountain bike and road bike parts, gear, tools and so on!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Pinkbike is good. So is bikesdirect.com, I get most of my parts off amazon and ebay as it's cheaper. Most little mom pop bike shops have stores through them and you can get great clearance deals at times. sick parts is a good one i found though here.
    1993 Trek Multitrack 700
    2011 Trek Hifi Plus
    2013 WalGoose

Ride More - Suffer Less
    I would say there is no one best, as sometimes one has a deal and other times its another...I seem to frequent these guys....

jensonusa.com
    pricepoint.com/
    bikebling.com
    go-ride.com (more downhill focused)
    chainreactioncycles.com
    competitivecyclist.com (I miss Huck n Roll)

a few more less frequented but seem to have smokin deals
    blueskycycling.com
    cambriabike.com
    universalcycles.com (new to me as of today)

many more.......and that's the great thing about the interwebz, you dont need to stick to one big WallyWorld, you can still support smaller shops that have some great blowouts going with just some simple searches.....

pedal pusher
    eBay.

Find 100% positive feedback sellers w/ a long history, and they'll usually make you even happier than an online retailer.

Currently in Exile
    In the past few years, I have used the following sites:

Nashbar
    JensonUSA
    Pricepoint

I also use my local bike shop quite a bit.

I have used many of the sites listed above with few problems. Not such a big fan of Ebay as my last few experiences both buying and selling have been less than satisfactory.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

No Stranger to danger....
    I would say chain reaction cycles, they have the biggest online stock in the planet.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I like chainreactioncycles.com they have lots of things and pretty quick postage from the uk to Australia.
    Also anyone in Australia or New Zealand theres Torpedo7.com which are NZ based but have wharehouses in Australia aswell (possible other countries??) so really quick postage if I want something but really cant be bothered going down to my LBC

mtbr member
    Pricepoint and Jenson are the ones that used most on line.

I have used chain reaction a few times and have few performance bikes in town where walk in for stuff.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", 19' Vassago Optimus Ti SS 29", '19 Ibis Ripmo, XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I use CRC, looked at jenson and the prices where good but the shipping was a show stopper plus. Wheel set from CRC to Canada free shipping, wheelset from Jenson USA to Canada 285 bucks WTF. UPS way over charges for shipping, even if I bought a bike from CRC the shipping was only 125 from UK to Canada thats pretty damn good.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Fox Shox
    I use Chain Reaction Cycles. Best value, fast shipping, and free shipping for orders over $100( although it is only 10 bucks for orders less then $100 ). I have ordered over $700 worth of gear from here and it is definetely my favourite website to order all my bike stuff from.
    If i go to hell i'm taking my mountain bike.

I'm just messing with you
    Universalcycles.com, they carry just about everything, prices are good, they offer price breaks at $100 and $300 levels, and free shipping over $150. The price breaks use coupon codes that change, but sign up for their email list and it has the codes in it. Current codes are gravel10 and gravel15. They are always the first place I check. There are limitations, for example I looked at a Thompson stem and post there, no discount accepted (rock bottom priced) and no free shipping offer.

qbike.com is useful for price comparisons, they aggregate prices from various on-line retailers and ebay.

Have fun supporting the economy.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I would say chain reaction cycles, they have the biggest online stock in the planet.
    That and a penchant for credit card theft . . . . . they might have "fixed" the problem now, but if for some odd reason I shop there, I will ONLY use Paypal.

Finding the best online deals takes work as there isn't any one particular site that routinely has the best deals. I personally look for stores that price match. Personally, I order from Jenson because a) they generally price match; b) free shipping if you spend $50; and c) they are so close to me that orders typically arrive next day.

Beware of a few sites though. Blue Sky Cycling has great prices (unbelievable sometimes) and its legitimate product. However, its unclear to me exactly where the merchandise comes from. I'm not saying its stolen or used, but it doesn't come with a box . . . which means no warranty. Same is true for most vendors on eBay and many on Amazon. For small parts, its totally fine . . . but for a bigger purchase, I look for the reputable vendors.

Others to look at are Art's Cyclery and Cambria Bike Outfitters.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    T... Blue Sky Cycling has great prices (unbelievable sometimes) and its legitimate product. However, its unclear to me exactly where the merchandise comes from. I'm not saying its stolen or used, but it doesn't come with a box . . . which means no warranty.
    I think blue sky is getting closeouts or left overs parts. Like "Overstock" deal for bike parts. They never seem to have wide selection of stuff, but what they do have sort of mixed bag, but it is cheap. Seems like they spend time getting overstocks from various sources at lower than wholesale prices and then see off what they can rather than order specific inventory. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but it kind limits them for me as a first source when looking for certain parts or trying to a specific part/brand.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", 19' Vassago Optimus Ti SS 29", '19 Ibis Ripmo, XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I think blue sky is getting closeouts or left overs parts. Like "Overstock" deal for bike parts. They never seem to have wide selection of stuff, but what they do have sort of mixed bag, but it is cheap. Seems like they spend time getting overstocks from various sources at lower than wholesale prices and then see off what they can rather than order specific inventory. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but it kind limits them for me as a first source when looking for certain parts or trying to a specific part/brand.
    Ahh, yes that does make sense . . . .

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I ordered from Modernbike.com on Saturday afternoon, I ordered from them because of good reviews here and they were the first to have everything on my list. I haven't got the stuff yet, but so far I'm not happy. I got one initial email and nothing since. No shipping notification or tracking info. Who knows, I may get the stuff today and that'd be a pretty decent shipping time, but I want tracking info. It's not likely I'll order from them again just because of that.

**Tracking information received at 6PM today. 5 days after the order, and it just shipped today. NOT acceptable.**
    Last edited by bleedinblue; 03-28-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Just remembered another place I like to shop - treefortbikes.com. When they price match something, they put that price on the page for everyone to take advantage of.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedinblue View Post
    I ordered from Modernbike.com on Saturday afternoon, I ordered from them because of good reviews here and they were the first to have everything on my list. I haven't got the stuff yet, but so far I'm not happy. I got one initial email and nothing since. No shipping notification or tracking info. Who knows, I may get the stuff today and that'd be a pretty decent shipping time, but I want tracking info. It's not likely I'll order from them again just because of that.

**Tracking information received at 6PM today. 5 days after the order, and it just shipped today. NOT acceptable.**
    Thats why I like CRC I order and if I get it in time ships same day, login the next day and your tracking number is there if you so choose to pick the more costly tracked shipping over the free one which offers no tracking.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Gotta pay to play
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Just remembered another place I like to shop - treefortbikes.com. When they price match something, they put that price on the page for everyone to take advantage of.
    +1 to Treefort bikes. I buy everything I can there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    While I don't consider them very special on price, Universal Cycles is unbeatable for inventory so I buy a lot of obscure stuff from them. Since I live near Portland they also qualify as a sort of LBS and I sometimes go to their brick and mortar store even though ground shipping is only one day. I also go to pricepoint, jensonusa and nashbar for bargain stuff.
    2009 Redline Conquest Pro, 2008 Trek Fuel Ex8
    2007 Kona Cinder Cone utility bike
    Yes I spent too much on bikes.

mtbr member
    might I add Amazon? Poor selection but with Prime I get free shipping plus 2 day shipping

Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Thats why I like CRC I order and if I get it in time ships same day, login the next day and your tracking number is there if you so choose to pick the more costly tracked shipping over the free one which offers no tracking.
    I ordered some Hope parts from CRC, took the free shipping option, and then found out there is no tracking provided. The parts went into a black hole and popped out after 2 weeks. It was a little aggravating that I didn't realize that or they didn't make it obvious enough - whatever, but if you're the neurotic sort you should pay for shipping so you can track the order.

mtbr member
    My favs have already been listed. Normally I'll try to get Jenson to price match the other sites so I can get free shipping.

Flow like water
    I have used most of the retailers mentioned so far. Jenson USA is my current favorite.

You may want to do some local price comparison, though. Some items are not cheaper online. I can get grips and bar tape from a local shop at prices as good as online. YMMV, of course, but it pays to check.
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    pricepoint.com
    blueskycycling.com
    chainlove.com
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

Plays with tools
    I think Competitive Cyclist has the best selection and discreptios. Not normally the cheapest, but they provide a lot of the info you would normally rely on your LBS for.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I ordered some Hope parts from CRC, took the free shipping option, and then found out there is no tracking provided. The parts went into a black hole and popped out after 2 weeks. It was a little aggravating that I didn't realize that or they didn't make it obvious enough - whatever, but if you're the neurotic sort you should pay for shipping so you can track the order.
    For ANYTHING Hope, order direct from the MFG. Hand's down the best bet and guaranteed to be the best prices. If they make it, they'll sell it direct.

Do it for Deegan
    Thanks for all the feedback. From what you guys has suggested ill probably stick with jenson and crc!

In dog years, I'm dead.
    [QUOTE=wv_bob;10273263]qbike.com is useful for price comparisons, they aggregate prices from various on-line retailers and ebay.[QUOTE]

qbike often finds deals that Google & Bing miss, & the searches are filtered better so there is less extraneous crap to wade through.

Somebody else mentioned chainlove.com. They only post 1 deep-discount item for sale at a time & cycle them every 20 minutes. It's not good if you're shopping for something specific, but it's good for being opportunistic. I've bought a saddle & long-sleeve jersey from them recently.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Great sites have all been mentioned, but I also like bikeparts.com. Great source for the DIYer. I've got all the parts to completely rebuild my Hayes 9 brakes from them, among other things.