Warranty Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Warranty Question

I bought a practically brand new 2011 Enduro off of ebay about a year ago. I was wondering if I had issues with the frame or parts would I be able to file a claim or am I just SOL for buying it off someone.

bust a move
    In many cases the SOL is going to apply in these situations. Very important to get a "great deal" price wise when buying from from a third party/non dealer. I have done it once and got away without any regrets. You can always try for the warranty if it breaks...good luck.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Most likely SOL heck even when buying new half the time the manufacturer finds a loophole and won't cover it. As what Pitanan said. Make sure to get a good deal so these type of things don't hurt so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    The Specialized warranty, like most bike warranties, states that it applies to the "Original Owner". You might get lucky though...you never know.

http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/...20Warranty.pdf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    I was wondering if I had issues with the frame or parts would I be able to file a claim
    Nope.

Specialized do not allow internet sales of their frames or complete bikes, they only allow dealers to sell bikes in store to physical customers. Even if it was brand new they would not consider it to have been validly purchased from a dealer.

They will more than likely repair your frame if you ever break it, but you will have to pay for the parts.

AZ
    banned
    Tailgate warranty. Once it's off the tailgate there is no warranty.

Sweep the leg!
    you could be deceitful and claim to be the original owner and don't remember where you placed the receipt. Though I doubt that will work. If you do have a frame issue you'll just have to use it as a learning experience and buy a new frame or new bike.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    you could be deceitful and claim to be the original owner and don't remember where you placed the receipt. Though I doubt that will work. If you do have a frame issue you'll just have to use it as a learning experience and buy a new frame or new bike.
    I don't think I could do that, the parts on the bike are great so even if I broke the frame I would still be way ahead. Thanks for all the quick answers

Members who have read this thread: 0