Underground bike park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If it is the place in Lousiville, they also do ropes course and maybe rock climbing in there.

mtbr member
    It looks awesome and have already booked a trip next week. The only problem is the price. $24 plus $1.99 "convenience fee" for only 4hrs of riding. It's $40 for a whole day.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    It opens Monday.

There's also zip lines.

since 4/10/2009
    yeah, it's the place in Louisville. Place is going to be absolutely insane for quite awhile, I think, before it slows down a little. No way I'm going anytime within the first month. After that, I'm going to play it by ear, but it's only a couple hours from me, so a totally viable day trip option.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    The place closes at 6pm on weekdays. .....

mtbr member
    Like Harold says, I won't look into going for a while until the volume of riders drops some. I will go an a weekday.
    Looks like you have a scheduled time and they allow 400 a day from the web site, but who can tell. I can't see not being able to just turn up to ride once things settle in, but they may just keep the system they have now.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm only about 45 minutes from here and I'm not even planning a trip until things die down. It's all anyone has been talking about so I expect it to be pretty crazy for a while. Hopefully after the initial cool factor wears off they will adjust prices accordingly, no one wants to pay $25 for 4 hours of riding; at least not more than once for the experience. I assume business will dwindle during the summer and maybe pick up again in the winter since it's essentially climate controlled year round.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'll pay $24 to experience it once. I'm about 1.5 hours away so until prices fall Waverly, Duffield and Cherokee will draw me away if I'm riding with friends in Louisville.

mtbr member
    Man I wish that was closer. That is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Covers 2 interests of mine... (lol) Mines & bikes.

8.5 hours one way, boo!
    Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

mtbr member
    It is a pretty cool experience and certainly something to check out, as has been mentioned there is no shortage of riders currently, but I expect that to drop off once the weather improves in a few weeks.

I'm a bit spoiled it being 10-15 minutes from my house. Really hoping they introduce a yearly pass.
    I bike with tires.

stoked gnar shred
    wow that is awesome. to bad i had to move across country.
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by molon_labe View Post
    I'm only about 45 minutes from here and I'm not even planning a trip until things die down. It's all anyone has been talking about so I expect it to be pretty crazy for a while. Hopefully after the initial cool factor wears off they will adjust prices accordingly, no one wants to pay $25 for 4 hours of riding; at least not more than once for the experience. I assume business will dwindle during the summer and maybe pick up again in the winter since it's essentially climate controlled year round.
    Pricing is pretty in line with what indoor skateparks typically charge (around $20 for a 3 hour session).

I think you'd really need to go there mainly for the DJ aspects to fully appreciate it; if you're looking for a kinda trail-ride-ish experience, it would be more of a novelty than something you'd want to do all the time, but for jumpers and BMXers, that place would totally be worth hitting regularly. I wish it was closer.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

since 4/10/2009
    I know some guys who have been already. They're telling me there's enough xc and light DJ that you can occupy a 4hr pass easily enough.

It's not somewhere I will go frequently, though, to be honest. Maybe once or twice a winter to get a change of pace from riding bundled up, but I ride all winter, anyway and am cool with the cold. It'll be more likely for me to use the place in the springtime when it's rainy and water doesn't drain/evaporate as quickly, so things are super muddy. March-May, I'm thinking, will be the times I'll want to go more often. Some springs can be dry enough here to get enough riding, but some are just really sloppy.

I don't see myself going in the summertime or fall. Too many trails to choose from.

mtbr member
    How fortuitous, my daughter is moving to Louisville later in the year! Now my wife can't complain because I want to bring my bike :~)
    We have met the enemy, and it is us. Pogo

mtbr member
    It will be good to keep some skills up through the winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I just got back. I only stuck around for three hours but I could have easily been there the full time.

If you're looking for an epic trail experience you'll be disappointed but if you like to jump things you'll be satisfied. All the trails are nicely labeled and the dj section is awesome. There were a few lines I didn't attempt because I'm new to that and the price for failure was too great.

9 lives
    Looks like an incredible concept. I like that the jumps are dirt
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    It will be a few weeks before I get there, so I don't know much on the actual mine. I see that for the one Christmas light tour you can drive a motor coach in there, makes me wonder if there could be a chance of XC trails deeper into the mine in the future. Nite ride during the day! Though I expect there would have to be low level lighting for safety.