Trouble uploading pictures- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Trouble uploading pictures

Anybody else have trouble uploading pictures on this forum? It has been an ongoing issue with this forum for me. Sometimes I just try a different time of day and all goes well, but most of the time I get upload failed. I thought maybe the new format would alleviate this, but it still happened. Some pictures that I posted on other forums including the sister forum roadbikereview just never made it on here because it was such a PITA trying to get them on here. Any advice? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have photobucket or anything like that nor do I have an interest in starting one. I just take a pic I want to share and upload to forum from my computer.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nelzbycks View Post
    Anybody else have trouble uploading pictures on this forum?

Yes. No solutions to offer just weighing in on the absurdity of making attaching attachments more difficult.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Not the MOD's, but Site Admin ... It appears they really need to do some work.

Fart smeller
    I have no problem at work, where I have a pretty fast connection, but when I'm on the road & try to upload at the regular motel where I stay, it won't let me do it. No idea why, sorry. Maybe your connection isn't fast enough?

What I'd like to know is how do you put text between the pics? I'm able to upload several pics, but would like to add text to make a better post. Here's a sample of one of my posts. http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...2A-837174.html

Would also like to know if I can do the pics regular size without them being thumbnails, as in my post.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzbycks View Post
    Anybody else have trouble uploading pictures on this forum? It has been an ongoing issue with this forum for me. Sometimes I just try a different time of day and all goes well, but most of the time I get upload failed. I thought maybe the new format would alleviate this, but it still happened. Some pictures that I posted on other forums including the sister forum roadbikereview just never made it on here because it was such a PITA trying to get them on here. Any advice? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have photobucket or anything like that nor do I have an interest in starting one. I just take a pic I want to share and upload to forum from my computer.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

banned
    Aug 2012
    ^^^ Type your text between the code for your images
    Trouble uploading pictures-nerdy_science_girl_geek__by_sftoon.jpg
    Retrieve remote file and reference locally = Thumbnail

Uncheck the Retrieve remote file and reference locally feature, and you won't get thumbnails.

Fart smeller
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Edit: Hmmm, having trouble finding where to uncheck. Where the heck is it?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just tried to upload again and failed. Just this forum gives me trouble.
    I'll try to show the pic from Tacomaworld Forums.

Members who have read this thread: 1