mtbr member
    Nov 2014

TOGS Anybody tried them

Just as the title states, Has anybody tried them? The are a sponsor of this form, I saw a clip and clicked on it. 18 grs I will look at them

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So bar ends evolved inwards? Bar inwards?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I guess, I just thought the might be interesting. I often "lay my hands" on the bars during long rides on easier sections of trails, but still fear that during summer months when the sweat is pouring I will hit a bump and off I go. Not happened yet, but I have played it out in my head

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Alright what are we talking about.

Bar ends that face inward?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

mtbr member
    I don't see the point in spending $25 on those, like man.cave said, whenever my hands get tired I just rest my palms on the grips. I'm sure whoever invented those is making bank though, they've gotta be cheap as hell to produce.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Im sure they don't cost much to make, but being that the company started January 2014 and the patents, purchasing the molds etc. I would bet they have some money invested.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I bought a pair. They are simple, maybe a little overpriced for some molded plastic, but they work as advertised and give you another stable hand position on the bars. The difference is that you feel like you are in control of the bike, not just resting your hands on top of the bars.

And you can use the brakes, too.

My favorite mountain bike accessory? No. But they work as advertised. I have them on my gravel grinding monster-cross 29er and I really like them.

mtbr member
    I use that hand position all the time...without any add-ons. I don't understand what benefit they bring as I can put my hands there just fine without them.

I like turtles
    Guess I should dust off the Onzas...bar ends are back! Just kidding of course. I just roll my thumbs up on top of the bar and rest my hands flat across the top of my grips when I need a break.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Huh... these seem like they'd be worth the try...

However, I can't help but think they are one more piece of gear to impale myself with.
    ...says the guy that tore his pectoral with the END of a handlebar.

_Matt
    I just wanna ride...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Well I got my pair in today. It will be a day or so before I put them on . I was impressed with the shipping and packaging but disappointed in the Togs themselves . Nothing wrong per say but I will have to take a razor blade to the edges of them to remove the extra polymer from the molds. Paying what I did for them and thinking of buying more if they work, I figured they would be smooth

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by man.cave View Post
    Well I got my pair in today. It will be a day or so before I put them on . I was impressed with the shipping and packaging but disappointed in the Togs themselves . Nothing wrong per say but I will have to take a razor blade to the edges of them to remove the extra polymer from the molds. Paying what I did for them and thinking of buying more if they work, I figured they would be smooth
    Im interested to hear youre review post-ride...

This product just goes to show you that there's always a sucker out there that will buy anything.

TOGS
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    This product just goes to show you that there's always a sucker out there that will buy anything.

TOGS
    That's the spirit that got us out of the stone age. Nothing wrong in trying something out. A$$

That's the spirit that got us out of the stone age. Nothing wrong in trying something out. A$$
    Just to let you know, you don't need to use $$ signs to make your point. Ass!

mtbr member
    Loving the Christmas spirit and holiday cheer!

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Loving the Christmas spirit and holiday cheer!
    Exactly! That comment was what I opened up to seeing on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas! J.B.

mtbr member
    Merry Christmas! J.B.
    Back at you DJ!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Exactly! That comment was what I opened up to seeing on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas! J.B.
    Dude you started the name calling, by calling me a sucker. Although I am glad you can type ass, not all forums allow that.

I mean I wanted to see if anybody had tried these, because I have an issue with circulation in my hands on long rides. (I always have even in my strength training) and here comes your opinion of folks being suckers for even trying them. Wow that was very constructive of you. !!!

Dude you started the name calling, by calling me a sucker. Although I am glad you can type ass, not all forums allow that.

I mean I wanted to see if anybody had tried these, because I have an issue with circulation in my hands on long rides. (I always have even in my strength training) and here comes your opinion of folks being suckers for even trying them. Wow that was very constructive of you. !!!
    Merry Christmas brother.
    I wasn't directing any name calling directly at you. I simple stated my opinion of the product. That's the beauty of discussion forums we can all state different opinions on products or topics and make then make an independent knowledgeable decision on it.

I don't see any direct name calling in this post.

TOGS

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Merry Christmas brother.
    I wasn't directing any name calling directly at you. I simple stated my opinion of the product. That's the beauty of discussion forums we can all state different opinions on products or topics and make then make an independent knowledgeable decision on it.

Yeah, I stated that I bought a set, as a few other guys did aswell, so are we "Suckers"

Yeah, I stated that I bought a set, as a few other guys did aswell, so are we "Suckers"
    If you feel like you are then you are.
    All I stated is my opinion on the product.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    If you feel like you are then you are.
    All I stated is my opinion on the product.
    You haven't tried them so your opinion isn't valid.

Merry Christmas, no I don't feel like a sucker, although I don't think I will buy a set for my other mtn bikes. I put this on my HT XC bike today. I plan on riding 50-60 miles the first of next week so I will actually have my own opinion on them.

You haven't tried them so your opinion isn't valid.

Merry Christmas, no I don't feel like a sucker, although I don't think I will buy a set for my other mtn bikes. I put this on my HT XC bike today. I plan on riding 50-60 miles the first of next week so I will actually have my own opinion on them.
    True!

And I look forward to your review after some time spent. Sorry sometimes I jump the gun on my opinion when it really isn't warranted.

Merry Christmas!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    True!

And I look forward to your review after some time spent. Sorry sometimes I jump the gun on my opinion when it really isn't warranted.

Merry Christmas!
    No problem, We are square,

Have a good one

thecentralscrutinizer
    Weird.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

mtbr member
    This is true!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Gees, I have been on a lot of different forums for a lot of different things over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that many folks on here are just condescending douche bags. I hope that is just MTBr forums and not the whole cycling community. (not everybody here, just seems like a lot more folks than average)

I actually did a full blown review from my phone, but for some reason it didn't upload. I don't even want to waste my time typing it again with folks like ^^ above ^^ here. I come across several other post that are no different. It doesn't bother me, there is just no reason for it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Funny thing I just found this on Facebook

Looking for the Next Big Thing in Bar Ends? TOGS Might get Your Thumbs Up

not promoting them, just found it interesting

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ask this on pinkbike.com, they are more welcome to this sort of thing, unlike mean nasty mtbr.

mtbr member
    Gees, I have been on a lot of different forums for a lot of different things over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that many folks on here are just condescending douche bags. I hope that is just MTBr forums and not the whole cycling community. (not everybody here, just seems like a lot more folks than average)

I actually did a full blown review from my phone, but for some reason it didn't upload. I don't even want to waste my time typing it again with folks like ^^ above ^^ here. I come across several other post that are no different. It doesn't bother me, there is just no reason for it.

You asked, we answered. It's not our fault, you don't like the answer. Happy New Year!

I didn't do it

How about a quick micro review. Did you like 'em or are they no good?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

TOGS Anybody tried them

Straight from the Togs website.

mtbr member
    Have you ever ended up falling on your bars? Yeah, they look like a really good rib cage puncture device to me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Mtn cycle shawn has alot to say about something he has never tried. Thus why I am not happy with u r review

mtbr member
    Mtn cycle shawn has alot to say about something he has never tried. Thus why I am not happy with u r review
    How do u know if I've tried it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    How about a quick micro review. Did you like 'em or are they no good?
    I got to ride with them again today and after about 15 miles, my hands started to get numb as usual. I did start to use them more for the rest of my ride. The trail was kinda wet due to freeze and thaw, and thus not able to ride wide open.

OK, First off, if you never change your grip up on your rides to relax your hands, then these are not for you.

Now that is said. I did like them. I am always changing up my grip on mild sections of trails and climbs. These TOGS did as advertised, they gave you a more secure grip of your bar while relaxing your hands. They actually did fine on rooty sections and mild downhill with use of brakes. AS a matter of fact my palms are barely on the grips if I just hook my fingers which is a great climbing position to get circulation back into the hands.

I am glad that my first review didn't post, because it wasn't as positive as this one. Are TOGS a game changer, no, do they give XC riders something to help change things up a bit Yes.

I have several Mtn bikes and don't plan on putting them on but maybe one more.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    because you would be calling yourself a sucker

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Have you ever ended up falling on your bars? Yeah, they look like a really good rib cage puncture device to me.
    They are tilted pretty far forward for me, I would be more worried about the handle bar in general. Actually there are about a dozen other things on a bike I would worry about before them

mtbr member
    I ride with my thumbs on top of the bars fairly often and could see the potential safety and comfort value of having a place to rest them. Although I personally wouldn't buy them it seems kind of lame to call someone out as a sucker for trying a $25 product, especially in this day and age where $5000 bikes are commonplace.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I agree $25 is steep but what bases does any bike part have now days

I didn't do it
    Thanks for posting a review man.cave. It sounds like these will work for some and maybe not so much for others. If they work as advertised then can't complain about that. Given that I already spend hundreds of dollars on upgrades if I could spend $25 on one that would make my ride more comfortable then that would be bargain I couldn't refuse. Good writeup.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    So bar ends evolved inwards? Bar inwards?
    Just "bar ins"?

Colorado
    Well played...

mtbr member
    You can try things without buying them. Thank god, in this case!

mtbr member
    These things look as great as an awesome strap.

For 2015 epic threads - could this be the one that tops the conceal carry thread?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I'm done needing this thread. I bought them, tried them, and reviewed them. I will gladly help anybody who wants my opinion seeing that I bought them, tried them, and reviewed them.

I don't nor will I ever get on a thread to bash something I haven't tried

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have brought a pair and like them a lot. They give me so much leverage on climbs and on the flats being able to lock my thumb in. Its also cool that you can still brake while using them.
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

TOGS Anybody tried them

Quote Originally Posted by B-RAY View Post
    I have brought a pair and like them a lot. They give me so much leverage on climbs and on the flats being able to lock my thumb in. Its also cool that you can still brake while using them.
    Dido that

mtbr member
    Dido that

Dido endorses them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

TOGS Anybody tried them

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Dido endorses them?

Lol not sure what my tablet did there

Ditto

mtbr member
    Merry Christmas brother.

Yours is what one typically calls an "uninformed opinion".
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

Members who have read this thread: 0