Thule 501 Insta-Gater, Pick-up Truck Bicycle Rack- Mtbr.com
    I am lost, I'm no guide

Thule 501 Insta-Gater, Pick-up Truck Bicycle Rack

Purchased a 06 4x4 Tundra Double Cab ( excuse the shameless plug LOL! )and was researching options for transporting the bikes for rides around the bay area and preventing scratches to the truck. This makes a lot of sense and it seems very easy to install. Anyone have one?
    There is no food served in Santa Cruz, the rangers just bulldozed it all. - jschwart73

never ender
    I bought one a while ago before they were made by Thule and didn't like it much. The bike seemed to bounce a lot and wobble side to side on bumpy roads. It probably wasn't dangerous, but it didn't inspire much confidence. Also, since the rack doesn't lock itself to anything, and the plastic attachments would be pretty easy to cut even if you have a locking tailgate, it's no more secure than plain old tie-downs. I wound up ditching mine and buying a Yakima fork mount.
    Most other people around here seem to really like their Instagators, though, so maybe they've gotten better since Thule bought Sportworks. If I still owned a pickup I might give one another try.

mtbr member

It works well.

I have one. I like it.

Members who have read this thread: 0