Someone trashed my bike...- Mtbr.com
    Huckin' trails

Someone trashed my bike...

And I know who he is, where he lives, how to reach him and how much of an ass he's been to me for the last 15 months in tradeschool and how he has no respect for anyone.

I just don't know if I should treat him the same way he did me and my ride or to just give him the $500 invoice of damages. Maybe both.

Whole front end is shot, plus several dings and nicks on my less than one year old Surly Troll frame and fork, fender, bars and levers, shifters, etc.

Funny thing is I didn't felt like going on a rampage and flipping nuts, but rather annoyed at having to deal with this. Guess that's where maturity kicks in. He's just a 19yo brat who can't even top my level of skills and maturity in school and he's been jealous ever since. He would be so pissed to have to pay out of his pocket for what he did, he thought I didn't saw him and was sure he got away clean (he did it on the final day of class, Friday 23rd). He wasn't even man enough to take me one on one, he resorted to making such a p u s s y move of trashing my ride. How immature.

Someone trashed my bike...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1446406882.580050.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Get the cops to ticket him then take the matter to small claims court. If you're both enrolled in the same school, you might bring that up to the administration.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I would have called the cops when I found it.

Unless the chicken shit left prints, you have it on video, or somebody seen it and willing to testify its just your word against his and won't get far.

mtbr member
    What would Charles Bronson do?
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Why didn't you confront him when you saw him, and take action then?
    "The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
    -Douglas Adams

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Get the cops to ticket him then take the matter to small claims court. If you're both enrolled in the same school, you might bring that up to the administration.
    Unfortunately there is no video nor other witness, so beside filing a report for damaged property with the cops, they can't do anything to charge him. I did let the administration know and both the principal and the teacher know it's him too. I'm gonna call his dad again tonight to take arrangements, last time he got on the line while I was talking with his dad and started spitting out trash talk like a dumpster moppet, then the line got shut.

I have no problem taking it to court, even if I have to wait 2-3 years before the hearing, I'm a bike mechanic, I can fix the bike and live with it, I'm not gonna wait after his money to get my ride fixed. However it's about time he get accounted for the shit he does, because I did let slide a lot during the year and a half he gave me shit in school, including stealing tools the school lender us during our scholarship, stealing or claiming equipment as his when I had my back turned, cutting wires in the breaker panel I was installing in the workshop while I was on break, slinging trash talk and comments at everything I did almost daily. trying to shoot me down by showing off he knows better even when the teacher tells him he's wrong (we got a few funny ones about him actually, like when he complained that central heating system was shit because "it only warms up the middle of the house and not all the rooms" thinking the furnace was just heating the furnace room and not pushing hot air or hot water throughout pipe work or ducts in the whole house ) and so much more stuff. He fraud one exam by faking the teacher signature, made himself puke twice in front of the class because he needed attention, kept smoking in the school everyday, always walking out during class every 5 minutes, always talking trash about everything the teacher was saying, breaking various tools or equipment because of careless handling or just for fun, etc.

I mean, I could totally get samples of the rubber his boot left on my rim and spokes and match it to his own boot, but that would be a bit too much, we all know he's the one who did it and he knows that we know.

He doesn't have a very bright future anyway, so I'm sure he'll mess with people who aren't as nice as me at some point and... well he'll learn the hard way.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Honestly, if no prints or witnesses/video - it is your word against his. Avoid the urge to stoop to his level. Karma bus will soon run over his Dogma...
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Honestly, if no prints or witnesses/video - it is your word against his. Avoid the urge to stoop to his level. Karma bus will soon run over his Dogma...
    But meanwhile, others will have to suffer.
    "What America needs now is a drink."

FDR

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    David, why do I get the feeling you're trolling us?

And what's the deal with that photo? A bike locked to a pole is all I see. Enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Wanna ride bikes?
    what a coward. just kick him in the nuts and call it even.

seriously, i'd exact some form of revenge. either through the proper avenue like the cops, or a punishment that fits the crime.

if you act like a child, expect to be treated like a child.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Did you not have your cell phone to record a video? Should have called the police or videoed it.

Big Mac
    OP, are you a grammar school student. This just sounds so, so juvenile. And stoopid.

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Not worth it, bro. Let it go. If his dad won't straighten things out, no one else will.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    David, why do I get the feeling you're trolling us?

And what's the deal with that photo? A bike locked to a pole is all I see. Enlighten me.
    haha, no DJ, not trolling, I wish I was. Yeah the picture doesn't really show that the rim, hub, a few spokes, rotor, tube and tires are damaged beyond repair, on top of having the fork legs bent, several nicks on the steel frame, grip shift is shot, bars and levers are damaged, as well as the front fender, etc. He went kicking my front wheel big time with steel toe cap boots.

I've been completing an Electrician degree in the last 15 months at a local trade school and that's monday to friday, 8am to 3pm, every week till for a total of 1 800 hours. So I haven't been around much, although been working a lot in the spring and summer in a bike shop and then for the last months on fixing a party bike and now gonna start building a new one this winter.

Total MSRP of the front end damages is $350 CAD, not including the parts that have been damaged but still functional, and that's a $600 frame.

I wish I could have been right there and would have definitively gave him some of his own medicine, unfortunately I was still on the third floor and saw him looking out the window like I do everyday to check on my bike and on the weather before heading down the stairs. But obviously if I would have been right there he would have never done it, because he's a coward. Anyway, I was so happy because it was my last day and I was gonna go party all night with friends that I didn't even lost my cool and tried to get revenge.

I'm 23, but he's still a little brat with no respect to anyone, even to the teachers. Every other word he speak is trash talk, it's like he never gotten slapped hard enough in kid's school when saying a bad word to learn how to speak properly.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    What does he drive?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by AshevilleMtBiker View Post
    What does he drive?
    He doesn't have a car. He takes the city bus and metro.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    A baseball bat across the kisser usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    A baseball bat across the kisser usually works.
    With a brisk swinging motion behind it.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    He doesn't have a car. He takes the city bus and metro.
    Make him pay for it. If not, stand up for yourself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    If what your saying is true, OP, then this young man is just crying out for an ass kicking. Set him on the right path. Its for his own good.
    Youre no longer at the same school, correct? What are the chances of this deliquent reporting you for giving him a going over? If he is a snitch then maybe giving him a kicking isnt such a good idea?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What, you guys didn't like Pulp Fiction? Geez....

OP - either pop the kid in the mouth or walk away from it, but do yourself a favor and stop whining like a 12 year girl old about it on the internet.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Wow, when I got my electrical license we were all tired from working 8 hours as an electrician and really just wanted to hurry up and get the 2 hours of school over. the worst we done was throw beer cans in the back of somebody's truck.

Big Mac
    [QUOTE=slapheadmofo;12287858]What, you guys didn't like Pulp Fiction? Geez....

I did see it. Don't remember that line.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We'll, he did forget to add "pipe" in there.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
    Wow, when I got my electrical license we were all tired from working 8 hours as an electrician and really just wanted to hurry up and get the 2 hours of school over. the worst we done was throw beer cans in the back of somebody's truck.
    Here we do all the school first, then 6 000 hours of apprenticeship on the jobsite and then write our journeyman license exam. It's 6 hours a day, Monday to Friday, for a total of 1 800 hours of class. I was with a bunch of spoiled teenager kids who didn't give shit about learning, just about getting their paper to start their apprenticeship. Thing is, most of them will be forever apprentices because they'll never pass their license exam, and blame the school for leveling down the finals of each class so they could have most of the student pass and get the money from the government.

Anyway, I was just curious to see how many people here would reply in a adult way, ie taking it to court or walking it off. Not trying to hurt other people thinking that's how every problem can be solve.

I'm a nice guy, I'm always down to help anyone for ask nicely, even if they gave me shit the day before. I helped pretty much everyone in my class at one point or another to have them get better grades despite how shitty they acted with me everyday. I'm not gonna start hurting people just because they are not nice to me, it's like acting at their level.

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    This sounds like something that would happen in Napoleon Dynamite. Can't you get Pedro's cousins to beat him up?

mtbr member
    You could have him killed?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Here we do all the school first, then 6 000 hours of apprenticeship on the jobsite and then write our journeyman license exam. It's 6 hours a day, Monday to Friday, for a total of 1 800 hours of class. I was with a bunch of spoiled teenager kids who didn't give shit about learning, just about getting their paper to start their apprenticeship. Thing is, most of them will be forever apprentices because they'll never pass their license exam, and blame the school for leveling down the finals of each class so they could have most of the student pass and get the money from the government.
    Makes me glad they done us how they done us. We worked 40 hours a week getting our OTJ hours and went to school one night a week. At the end of 4 years you had the hours to take the test. We had a few snot nosed kids but most of us seemed to be mid 20s and up. Honestly I what I learned working in the real world was far more useful than what was in the books. Later in school most of us have already been dealing with what they were trying to teach and had it down pat.

We are still weeding out the grandfathered licenses. The a-hats that are stuck in the ways their daddy taught them and refuses to accept the code has changed in the last 20 years since daddy said they could have a license. Even the young punk kids I've dealt with are better at learning than them most of the time. Of course doing the OJT while doing school lets us get rid of the real punk kids before their first year is up. Get cocky with me and I can find a reason why that truck load of 6 inch IMC has to be moved 200 yards by hand 4 or 5 times.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Sorry to hear about your bike. I can't see a way that you're going to get $$ out of him to fix your bike.
    I'm old school, I'd have a hard time not kicking the crap out of him. Some people need a good tune up in order to learn how to respect other people and other people's property.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFord View Post
    I'm old school, I'd have a hard time not kicking the crap out of him. Some people need a good tune up in order to learn how to respect other people and other people's property.
    Yeah, I hate to say it but the mistake was letting him walk all over you for so long. The only thing brats like him understand is a good slap. If you'd dealt with him when he first started being a tube you'd probably have an intact bike right now.

mtbr member
    Try a bait bike on a rope.

Bikesexual
    Pop-corn! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    This sounds like something that would happen in Napoleon Dynamite. Can't you get Pedro's cousins to beat him up?
    Win ^

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say.
    you are obviously not schooled in the ways of the bait bike...

Pro Crastinator

Pro Crastinator
    wooosh...

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    What a focking travesty.
    "What America needs now is a drink."

FDR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    What a focking travesty.
    A guy I work beside knows the woman, he was talking to her on Monday and she's really embarrassed about it. Not enjoying her five-minutes of fame one bit.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    Those of you that are telling him to kick the crap out of the dude need to change that tune pretty quick. If he was now to confront the guy and hurt him you all could be held for assault for egging him on. Everything is out there on the web now boyz, relax.

FYI - Just man up and move on, the bitterness that will linger if you don't will eat at you, not worth it IMO
    There is a degree of separation between those condoning violence and the subject of discussion, so any prosecutor would be hard-pressed to get charges of influencing or coercing to commit assault and battery (by the OP) to stick.

Nobody here suggesting violence would ever be charged with assault, as they have not done such a thing (threaten bodily harm) to the subject directly (words or in person). Nobody would be charged with battery as that would require physical contact (laying on of hands, feet, etc.)

Nasty thing about the internet, it is hard to prove the words written actually were of malicious intent as opposed to a poor attempt at humor or a simple juvenile reaction. I know there are some cases where people have been charged (and convicted) of influencing someone to suicide, but this is not one of those circumstances...those cases had direct contact between the decedent and those who ended up being convicted of the crime.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    you are obviously not schooled in the ways of the bait bike...
    Well I saw that clip, which ended with a Caucasian also taking the bait, but I'm not a racist ******* either so I try real hard not to act like one by generalizing that one race is smarter than another. So neg rep for you jackass and bring on the mods!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Back on topic guys.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines