Skiis on front- Mtbr.com

Thread: Skiis on front

mtbr member

Skiis on front

Who has tried fabricating a ski to your front in snow? I have often thought about different methods of trying this before converting my SS into a 3/4 phat bike. Did it work (pics would be great)?

mtbr member
    you mean something like this?

tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos
    you mean something like this?

I've seen that conversion kit, but from reviews it sounds like there were some issues with the back end. I am intrigued as to how well the ski on front works, but I'm more interested if anyone had fabricated their own, leaving the tire on but somehow strapping a ski on with some sort of straps or bungee cords, etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone
    I've seen that conversion kit, but from reviews it sounds like there were some issues with the back end. I am intrigued as to how well the ski on front works, but I'm more interested if anyone had fabricated their own, leaving the tire on but somehow strapping a ski on with some sort of straps or bungee cords, etc.

the notion of steering a bike in the snow on one ski, one tire is slightly alarming to me...
    a tire will skid, slip and slide... a ski, when leaned over and edged in grips with that edge, so you will end up getting more "Traction" when you turn the front "wheel" than you will with the back end, makes me wonder what its like.. they also make ski bikes with skis on both front and rear like this one (Scroll halfway down the page) http://daysailer1.wordpress.com/2009...s-geary-storm/

Personally, i would just run studded tires if i want to ride in snow....

Members who have read this thread: 0