Shoe Fitting Problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Shoe Fitting Problem

Hey Guys

The big problem im getting is with my left foot my big toe seems to be rubbing against the ceiling of the shoe. I usually have to put something in their to stop it rubbing which is a pain. I had a pair of Louis Garneau and Sidi's and they both seem to do the same thing. Im only 18 and I have a pretty small shoe and im pretty sure ive got the right shoe size but its hard while im still growing. I only really get it while im racing long distance and there the races i love.

My question is do people know some good shoes with big toe areas? Something with an carbon soul ideally??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    IS it rubbing the inside top or the toe end? If it's the the inside top are you losing form in the long races and pedaling differently?

mtbr member
    I'm no expert on all shoes but have noticed my Specialized shoes run big in toe area.
    Round and round we go

Plays with tools
    Shimano shoes have pretty roomy tow boxes.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Its rubbing on the inside top

mtbr member
    May 2010
    And it could be but im not sure about the pedaling differently becuase i got it the other night from riding alot of fireroads which was only after 30 odd km

bust a move
    Quote Originally Posted by customfab View Post
    Shimano shoes have pretty roomy tow boxes.
    True, shimano toe box has much more room than my sidi's
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Shimanos do have a good deal of toe box room. My feet are two different sizes, the left is a 57 and the right a 56, have you tries one size larger?

Also since you say you're still growing you may think of looking at less expensive non-carbon shoes until you know what fits and what doesn't.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmuncie View Post
    ....My feet are two different sizes, the left is a 57 and the right a 56, have you tries one size larger?

Also since you say you're still growing you may think of looking at less expensive non-carbon shoes until you know what fits and what doesn't.
    Me too....about 1/2 to 1 size difference....have to buy shoes to fit my larger foot and the other is going to be not quite as snug fitting.

Yes, I like my carbon shoes but they are prolly not necessary. Specialized is the only brand of bike shoes that fits me and then I need to buy their green highest arch support insoles to go with them.
    Get off the couch and ride! :)

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yea i was thinking the bigger shoe size thing but my shoes are already pretty big atm but what i am thinking is those shoe people who fix shoes and maybe they could stretch my current ones just enough

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What does "pretty big" mean? Maybe they are too big? If they are "pretty big" why do they need stretching? BTW stretching certain spots is possible to some degree with leather shoes but generally doesn't work so well on synthetic shoes.

It might be worth finding a place to get your feet measured & looked at. Custom shoe store, shoe repair places that do shoe mods, or a podiatrist should all be able to do it for you.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yea went to the foot doctor today and he said i need to get a bigger shoe size or stretch my current shoes but i asked around and my shoes cant be stretched