Seat post gone missing?- Mtbr.com
    Wēk Sôs

Seat post gone missing?

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and what it means? Google has turned up people complaining about it and it seems there's not resolution.

Has anyone encountered this message? I bought a BikeYoke Revive from Germany with an I-SpecII trigger.

April 20, 22, and 23 I received updates that it was in transit, and then all of a sudden it changed to the below message and has not been heard from since.

"Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.Status

In-Transit

April 23, 2019"

-----------------------

Tracking History

April 23, 2019
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 19, 2019, 5:10 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 18, 2019, 9:41 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

April 16, 2019, 9:54 am
    Processed Through Facility
    FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

April 13, 2019, 9:32 pm
    Acceptance
    GERMANY

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Call USPS. Nothing should take 9 days within the US unless they lost it.

damned rocks...
    Probably is waiting clearance from customs.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    Probably is waiting clearance from customs.
    The tracking shows that the package cleared customs. The Queens Distribution Center is immediately after the customs step on the east coast. My orders from Germany go through there.

Something did indeed happen to it. Maybe it's nothing terribly major. Missed a scan and ended up in a corner somewhere or something. Maybe it was stolen. Though IME, it's oftentimes the SHIPPER that has to initiate further action. That might be difficult, with the shipper being in Germany.

A package of mine was stolen once years ago from the UPS facility. It was a signature required item, and I missed the UPS driver by about a minute. First attempted delivery was a Friday, so I had to wait until Monday. Never showed. Didn't show on Tuesday, either. UPS wouldn't deal with me. Called the shipper, who initiated the trace process on the package. They sent me a new item in the meantime. They later told me that UPS found security footage of an employee stealing my package. I got my package in the end, but had to wait longer for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    A lot of companies are using this UPS/ FedEx/ DHL Post, which totally sucks. I have had items shipped from 100 miles away using this service and it has taken a week or more to get the item. I cannot figure that this service can be that much cheaper to ship than using USPS first class.
    I wonder if the UPS, FedEx or DHL has a similar service in Germany
    EXODUX Jeff

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
    Call USPS. Nothing should take 9 days within the US unless they lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    The tracking shows that the package cleared customs. The Queens Distribution Center is immediately after the customs step on the east coast. My orders from Germany go through there.

Something did indeed happen to it. Maybe it's nothing terribly major. Missed a scan and ended up in a corner somewhere or something. Maybe it was stolen. Though IME, it's oftentimes the SHIPPER that has to initiate further action. That might be difficult, with the shipper being in Germany.

A package of mine was stolen once years ago from the UPS facility. It was a signature required item, and I missed the UPS driver by about a minute. First attempted delivery was a Friday, so I had to wait until Monday. Never showed. Didn't show on Tuesday, either. UPS wouldn't deal with me. Called the shipper, who initiated the trace process on the package. They sent me a new item in the meantime. They later told me that UPS found security footage of an employee stealing my package. I got my package in the end, but had to wait longer for it.
    Thanks. I opened a case, via email, a couple of days ago. No surprise, no answer. Well, I'm disappointed. The BikeYoke Revive isn't cheap. Mentally prepped to pay a $400 loss.

They sent it Deutche Post Priority, and supposedly that should map to USPS Priority Mail.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Thanks. I opened a case, via email, a couple of days ago. No surprise, no answer. Well, I'm disappointed. The BikeYoke Revive isn't cheap. Mentally prepped to pay a $400 loss.

They sent it Deutche Post Priority, and supposedly that should map to USPS Priority Mail.
    Accept nothing less than what you ordered or a full refund. Whatever it takes.
    NTFTC

EAT MORE GRIME
    wait for it some more.

stuff happens. trucks die. roads close. accidents happen. shipments get sent to wrong places. paperwork gets messed up.

I bet you'll have it by May 14th or sooner.
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Ordered an item from the UK on 4/4 and didn't get it until 4/24. USPS tracking looked basically the same as yours. Inexplicable delays along the way even after leaving the port of entry.

In the past it typically took around 10 days from the UK, on rare occasions as few as 5, and 30+ days a couple of times. Generally, if I need something soon, I don't order it from the EU.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    This happens ALL the time with the USPS. A week with go buy saying in transit or processed through where ever before it “magically”shows up. I order a lot of things and this has become much more common lately. A couple of weeks ago I had a item from the shipped from the UK. Made it to Chicago in 3 days. It left Chicago to get to my house 32 miles away. That took 7 days!

mtbr member
    ^^^ yeah, but for me this only seems to happen on stuff from the EU. Priority mail shipping within the US has been totally solid and fast.
    Do the math.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    A lot of companies are using this UPS/ FedEx/ DHL Post, which totally sucks. I have had items shipped from 100 miles away using this service and it has taken a week or more to get the item. I cannot figure that this service can be that much cheaper to ship than using USPS first class.
    I wonder if the UPS, FedEx or DHL has a similar service in Germany
    Jensons just went UPS instead of OnTrack? Now its taking longer than 24hrs to get anything from them. Not a huge deal, but next day delivery was always nice for us in CA.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Up In Smoke
    Ontrac is garbage. They’ll say package will arrive by 8pm and you can bet that package won’t arrive until 8pm

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Ontrac is garbage. They’ll say package will arrive by 8pm and you can bet that package won’t arrive until 8pm
    They actually did quite well around here. Before noon usually.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    UPS doesnt always mean the dependable one day local shipping like it used to. UPS, as well as FedEx and DHL have a post type of service that uses the shipping company and the USPS. This is the worst and slowest service available.
    EXODUX Jeff

Look on your front porch, it's probably been sitting there for a few days.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

Elitest thrill junkie
    Had a friend that got a carbon frame repaired at one of the reputable companies and then UPS lost the return package for like 4+ months. It was insane and I think they got compensated, but it just simply seemed to “vanish” within their system. This appears to be rare, but it happens
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

since 4/10/2009
    Seems like every time I order something from a mail order house in CA, NOBODY scans the USPS tracking over there. It'll be stuck on "shipper has created a tracking number for this item" until it suddenly shows up at one of the east coast distribution centers. y'all got problems over there.

mtbr member
    You should call these guys: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/x8cw7a...oses-a-package

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    I bet you'll have it by May 14th or sooner.
    Come and gone. Nothing yet. Status is still the same as post #1.

I emailed BikeYoke. Sacks has been great and said he would send another post today. Waiting to see that tracking number appear now.

What a pain. I probably should’ve ordered locally but I wanted the I-spec triggy instead of the standard band clamp. Oh well. Live and learn.

EAT MORE GRIME
    OK I lost.

sending you +1 internets to settle
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot