Santa Claus and bikes- Mtbr.com
    Me ride.
    Oct 2009

Smile Santa Claus and bikes

I was going thru my family's old Christmas pix and scanning them into the computer when I happened upon this one. Don't remember the year, maybe '80 or '81, but it was the one bike I really wanted: a Huffy Pro Thunder. Something about it just screamed for me to own it. Imagine my joy on Christmas morning to find it sitting beside the tree with a big bow on it. I immediately had to go outside in the freezing cold to ride it, but not before Dad wanted to take pix of me and the bike. I jumped and thrashed around the 'hood for years on that until I cracked the frame. And here it is. Anybody want to join in with their Christmas bikes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Claus and bikes-huffy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm 13 and i'm new to mountain biking and I got a rocky mountain soul 29er. It's my Christmas and birthday present put together since it was $600 but i'm happy with it.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Great thread... When I was 6 I got a Mongoose Decade (BMX bike with all the bells and whistles of a freestyle bike at that time) and as soon as my brother and I woke up we were out on the new bikes. On my way down the driveway towards our house I forgot it only had hand brakes and ended up hitting the step in front of the entry door of our house and not only endo/flipped into the front door but popped the s*it out of my front tire. Luckily the LBS was open on Xmas and my dad had my tire fixed within the hour. It was about another 6 years of riding that bike until I got my first mountain bike but Santa wasn't real to me at that point.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a picture, but it's not handy right now...Mid-seventies (when I was 7-8yo) Yamaha "Moto-bike" (full suspension BMX bike) It weighed a ton and had a pretty high gear for a little kid on a heavy bike, but with the right jump (long downhill approach) I was able to get around 2' of air. Thanks Santa!

mtbr member
    ha ha wow I remember buying a Huffy for my christmas Present when I was young, damn I can still smell it as it came out of the packaging, I beat the hell out of that thing, good bike, gave it away to a friends kids a few years ago, hope they enjoyed it like I did

Members who have read this thread: 0