This place needs an enema

A ride, recently: Out of our box.

We took advantage of strategically timed holidays from work to step outside of our normal routine and into someone else's.

The region to which we traveled is considerably lower in elevation, a little colder in temperature, and much shorter on snow than our backyard.

Which meant that we got to experience a certain sort of variety, with trails packed firm enough to run more than 5psi in our tires. Unaccountable luxury right there, and we both noticed and were thankful for it.

Every few hours I like to check in with Jeny, to ask if everything is working OK on her bike. She doesn't want me to have to wrench when on vacation, which means sometimes her shifting will be mis-indexing or her brakes schinging, but she won't say a word. Which is considerate, but it doesn't make the bike work the way it should.

So I'll just ask, usually with a semi-specific question that opens the topic in such a way that she can feel free to answer more generally. And although I can't remember how I phrased that question ~mid-way through this ride, I remember her laughing out loud while commenting that her bike was perfect, and that the riding was so easy (translation: the trails so well packed) that you could run any pressure at all and not even need to think about it.

We don't often encounter such conditions mid-winter, and it was both noteworthy and super enjoyable to exist in someone else's reality for a spell.

Thanks for checkin' in.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Another nice report Mike. You always seem to add some wonderment and cheer to an otherwise boring work day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Another nice report Mike. You always seem to add some wonderment and cheer to an otherwise boring work day.
    Glad to hear it. That's exactly the point.

It's also why I posted in General -- which has 10x the viewers of Passion. The point of a stoke post is to stoke, and Passion is dead.

That said, some rule abiding and well meaning mod will no doubt move this there in 3... 2... 1... where it will be seen by almost no one.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Glad to hear it. That's exactly the point.

It's also why I posted in General -- which has 10x the viewers of Passion. The point of a stoke post is to stoke, and Passion is dead.

That said, some rule abiding and well meaning mod will no doubt move this there in 3... 2... 1... where it will be seen by almost no one.
    I knew exactly why you placed it here but I didnít want to step on any toes. Itíll be moved in due time. Funny I almost posted a count down as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

CEO Product Failure
    We have fat biking trips to set for Michigan and Wisconsin in the next few weeks. Your stoke/this post is inspirational.

the discerning hooligan
    As always Mike, well done. Thank you for reminding us that it's the ride that matters most.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!