REI expanding cycling business, adding Bontrager and Cannondale- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    방랑외국인

REI expanding cycling business, adding Bontrager and Cannondale

Looks like REI is expanding its cycling business starting March 14th, selling Trek's Bontrager brand, the full Cannondale lineup, and adding demos for high end models. It comes on the heels of Performance Bike's demise, which I believe carried Cannondale...so perhaps one of the reasons? Also brings up interesting questions about the effects to LBS close to REI that carry these brands.

Regardless, Bontrager carbon wheelsets at 20% discount minus dividend? Heyooo

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Nice. I love REI. I still remember the year I got a $360 dividend check.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Will swerve for leaves.

Up In Smoke
    They've carried cannondale for years. I really like REI and I have no problem supporting them because they take care of their customers. They definitely go above and beyond. I just got my girlfriend a cannondale a few months ago, and they aren't a 9-5 like all my LBS' are, so if ever I need something quick there's just as good a chance I can find it at REI and get it as late as 9pm. Really stoked they're expanding

since 4/10/2009
    Yeah, they've had Cannondale for a long time. Maybe they're just expanding their selection of Cannondale. Wonder if they're going to carry fewer Diamondback or Novara to make room?

That said, I find I'm using REI for less and less. At this point, it's down to consumables for me, for the most part. Food, wear parts, etc. I do like their camp furniture, though. That's about the only non-consumable I've been buying from them lately. Stocking my teardrop camper with better quality stuff (initially, I was just using whatever I had, except most of that was cheap and I've been wearing it out).

As for complete bikes, they generally don't carry what I want, so I don't bother. I did almost buy a touring bike from them many years ago, but I found a bike I liked better for the purpose elsewhere.

I used to buy a lot of clothes there, but in the past couple of years, most of the clothes they carry don't fit me well anymore. They're carrying more and more "slim fit" stuff for men, and that stuff just doesn't fit me.

I have also had some issues recently where their in-house warranty coverage was less than that offered by the manufacturer, and REI refused to act as a warranty intermediary. I had to go straight to the manufacturer, which baffled me. As when I worked retail, we honored whatever the manufacturer's warranty was, and we acted as a warranty intermediary so the customer got faster service. The manufacturer took care of me (though it took a few weeks for everything to process through), but it kinda soured me on buying that particular manufacturer's products from REI in the future.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Yeah, they've had Cannondale for a long time. Maybe they're just expanding their selection of Cannondale. Wonder if they're going to carry fewer Diamondback or Novara to make room?

That said, I find I'm using REI for less and less. At this point, it's down to consumables for me, for the most part. Food, wear parts, etc. I do like their camp furniture, though. That's about the only non-consumable I've been buying from them lately. Stocking my teardrop camper with better quality stuff (initially, I was just using whatever I had, except most of that was cheap and I've been wearing it out).

As for complete bikes, they generally don't carry what I want, so I don't bother. I did almost buy a touring bike from them many years ago, but I found a bike I liked better for the purpose elsewhere.

I used to buy a lot of clothes there, but in the past couple of years, most of the clothes they carry don't fit me well anymore. They're carrying more and more "slim fit" stuff for men, and that stuff just doesn't fit me.

I have also had some issues recently where their in-house warranty coverage was less than that offered by the manufacturer, and REI refused to act as a warranty intermediary. I had to go straight to the manufacturer, which baffled me. As when I worked retail, we honored whatever the manufacturer's warranty was, and we acted as a warranty intermediary so the customer got faster service. The manufacturer took care of me (though it took a few weeks for everything to process through), but it kinda soured me on buying that particular manufacturer's products from REI in the future.
    Yeah, sounds like they're rolling out Cannondales to all their stores.
    More info in their press release here, which includes links to two REI house brand entry/mid-level FS bikes.

Cycologist
    Novara is long gone, rebranded as Co-op cycles, both being REI's house brand.

I suspect you know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post

I suspect you know this.
    I suppose so. Just forgot, since it's been awhile that I've been in the local REI.

mtbr member
    Big REI in Denver carries GG!
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    I don't believe I've seen Cannondale's in the REI stores in DFW before. Maybe a regional thing until now?

I used to shop REI more than I do these days. I liked them better when they had fewer, larger stores, and were about equipment than clothes. Now they have more stores in North Texas, each much smaller than the original big one, and carry far more clothes than anything else. Oh well, gotta do what the market calls for.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    The one here doesn't. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
    I don't believe I've seen Cannondale's in the REI stores in DFW before. Maybe a regional thing until now?

I used to shop REI more than I do these days. I liked them better when they had fewer, larger stores, and were about equipment than clothes. Now they have more stores in North Texas, each much smaller than the original big one, and carry far more clothes than anything else. Oh well, gotta do what the market calls for.
    I've seen Cannondales in a couple different stores. Might have been regional. Also might have to do with the existing dealer agreements Cannondale has signed with other shops in the area. I know REI's deal with Salsa works that way. Their selection does vary some depending on what sells in the local market, too, IME.

The one where I live now sells a lot more nice camping gear than where I've lived in the past. There's also a little bit more focus on some of the locally manufactured brands in my area (there are quite a few gear mfr's in my area).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I was once chatting with a barrista who also worked at REI as she was making me an americano. I said that I liked the store for the hiking and camping gear, but didn't shop for cycling gear there. When she asked if there was something that could be done, I mentioned dropping the Novara line for Surly or Salsa or something. She looked at me deadpanned and questioned/repeated back to me that I wanted REI to drop their in house bike brand like I was telling her the Earth was flat. So I said yes, they should do that. I guess they listened?

One thing I will say that I've noticed is that when I have gone in to try and find something quickly like tubes, lube, brake or shift wire is that they don't stock much for the home shop but have been willing to sell me what I needed from the shop if I didn't find it on the rack. Which is cool. I've gone into some LBSs that have straight refused to sell me a length of housing and tell me that they will order some for me. Thanks, but I'm doing that right now on my phone. I do agree that REI has been nice to me.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Oh wow, that's awesome!
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    I got my Cannondale Synapse carbon (since been sold) there like 6 years ago. It was the best price I could find one. It was shipped from one store to my most local store which is 2 hours away. I got the notification so I can down to get it but it actually wasn't there. I was pissed. Manager knocked an extra 10% off so I got it for a pretty good deal even though I had to go back to get it another day. That was in northern VA. They had other Cannondale bikes in stock. I also grabbed my Feedback Sports Pro work stand at REI years ago taking advantage of my 20% off coupon that came with my dividend that year. Another great deal.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post

I miss the store at 635 and Midway. I got upset last time we went to Dallas for REI and the new store is now 2 blocks from we used to live on NW hwy.

Will swerve for leaves.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I used to be one of REIs best customers. But in the past year, I have rarely shopped there. To me, they are the big box that puts all the local outfitters out if business. In my city, within one year of REI coming in, three long time outfitters closed.

Here, few shop for bikes/ bike stuff at REI, since there are so many great LBSs. Except for college students because it’s close and hip. One LBS even gives a 10 percent discount, which you don’t have to wait a year to get, for to only spend at their store.

Lastly, like my entertainers, I don’t need a store to wear their politics up front and tell me how to vote. Which is why I am heavy into backcountry.com/competitivecyclist.com, when I don’t buy at the LBS.

REI seems to have gone the way of Eddie Bauer, from canoes and packs to bring mostly a clothing store anyway.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Which makes no sense when GG is right down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

High Plains Luddite
    I've been to the main Denver store, and I must say it's impressive. And, I was instantly sold on flared dirt-drop bars from grabbing hold of the bars on a Novara Mazama bike in one of their other stores to see how they felt. I didn't ride the bike but I immediately knew I wanted bars like that (and I got some soon afterwards).

But, I find REI employees to be snooty, sarcastic, and condescending. I doubt I'll go back, unless I need another of those quality eight-dollar, cut-to-size Greenfield kickstands that they keep in stock. I've never found them at any other LBS.

Hopefully I'm done needing them now that I have my wife, kids, and even a friend from work set up with good kickstands that don't rattle or come loose for their commuter/all-purpose bikes.

mtbr member
    I haven't been to REI more than once or twice since they got all political and jettisoned Camelbak and some other brands.

Now my first choice for outdoor gear will be somewhere else with REI being the last resort.

mtbr member
    Doesn't seem to be sitting too well with some shop owners that carry Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Doesn't seem to be sitting too well with some shop owners that carry Trek.
    You know what they say about Trek?
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You know what they say about Trek?
    Wut? What about Trek? Did I miss something?

Also, regarding REI and Camelback, I’m glad a poster went there. I could only imagine the decision making process. “We need to do something to appease a small group of members who presented a petition because Camelbaks parent corporation owns another company that make firearms and related products.” “We want them to feel we are taking a stand for them, but we don’t want to alienate our other members, because after all shooting is an Olympic sport.” “I got it boss, we can temporarily stop ordering Camelbak even though we will continue to sell them and place another order once we run out.” “That will please and/or displease everyone at once, since after all, we feel very strongly both ways about this issue. We can sell the stuff but pretend we don’t.”

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I haven't been to REI more than once or twice since they got all political and jettisoned Camelbak and some other brands.

Now my first choice for outdoor gear will be somewhere else with REI being the last resort.
    I'm pretty sure I've more than made up for your lost sales.

banned
    Dec 2018
    I've gone to the local REI a handful of times, bought some knick knacks, talked to the bike mechanics. It has never been busy. Not even close. Usually looks like a ghost town.

The bike mechanics seem unenthused, to put it politely. Their rates are high, exactly by the book. I don't know how skilled they are. I'm afraid to try.

The big box discount retailer next door has 100x the foot traffic.

I'm not convinced REI is in great shape, but this is just a sample of 1.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I think the policy with brands like Cannondale, which doesn’t allow mail order delivery, is you can purchase online and they ship to a REI local store, where you pickup.

mtbr member
    I worked at REI for a little while. Very good employer, for retail.

My old store only recently got Cannondale because of proximity to the next nearest independent Cannondale dealer.

The Bontrager move is weird! Seems like something that only independent Trek dealers would have.

REI mechanics SHOULD be highly qualified. They send long-term mechanics to Barnett's and have high standards, but if your local REI can't hire and retain good techs, you get what you get.

I worked as a full time tech at other shops for four years before I started at REI. I learned more in my first four weeks there than the previous four years because the mechanic gave a damn.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafkiller View Post
    I miss the store at 635 and Midway. I got upset last time we went to Dallas for REI and the new store is now 2 blocks from we used to live on NW hwy.

Yes! The bigger 635 store was great.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

Elitest thrill junkie
    They've sold C-dale in Anchorage for years.

They do a lot for our trail and outdoor projects. I rarely get dedicated bike gear there, but things like camelbacks are #1, because as the local shops say, they just can't compete with REI selection on such things (so they don't carry them). I do get all manner of clothing though, other outdoor gear, winter gear, etc.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Which makes no sense when GG is right down the road.
    For cognoscenti, yes, but the average mtbr (and REI cycling customer) is probably completely unaware of GG's existence, even in Denver.

The GG bikes I saw there were the old aluminum bikes, obsolete now that GG is going all in on CF.
    Do the math.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Our REI (Bend, OR) is always bustling. There's typically a line outside the door before opening and you should see the crowd on the opening day of a sale. I've found the employees to be quite knowledgable and helpful too. I've been a member since 1983 so I actually feel more attachment to the company than to most LBS I've been to. I don't often buy bike stuff there save for odds and ends but for camping, hiking, and clothing they've been my main source.

방랑외국인
    Pinkbike's article.

Yes Cannondale was already at REI, but only limited models, typically lower end. Now you can purchase any model they offer, and it ships direct from Cannondale to the store. Maybe they always just had sub $1K Catalyst hardtails, but now your store might have a new Habit carbon in stock to demo and purchase.

REI expanding cycling business, adding Bontrager and Cannondale-p5pb16396860.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I solely go to REI now for my mechanical needs. As someone else mentioned, I was apprehensive about their mechanics being as good as an LBS, but I've found the head mechanic at my local store is legit. They offer quick turnaround, discounts on service for members, and very reasonable rates. The first two alone are more than enough of a reason to go there. The local shops will be fine, plenty of tourists and people who don't mind not having their bike for 2-3 days while they get a basic fix.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by westernmtb View Post
    I've gone to the local REI a handful of times, bought some knick knacks, talked to the bike mechanics. It has never been busy. Not even close. Usually looks like a ghost town.

The bike mechanics seem unenthused, to put it politely. Their rates are high, exactly by the book. I don't know how skilled they are. I'm afraid to try.

The big box discount retailer next door has 100x the foot traffic.

I'm not convinced REI is in great shape, but this is just a sample of 1.
    Yeah, ours was pretty slow, usually. I guess that's why they closed it.
    Winter tip: Don't make snow angels in dog parks.

No known cure
    I used to get pretty large dividends but banned REI when they went political dropping camelback, Giro, Bell ect.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've more than made up for your lost sales.
    I've had dividend checks in the four figures. My campsite would look like the cover of a REI catalog. Just in this pic, the tent, Skybox and racks would be a nice dividend check. But no, they made me vote with my wallet. As a business owner, I don't give an opinion on anything personal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Quote Originally Posted by westernmtb View Post
    Usually looks like a ghost town.

Speaking of, whatever happened to that brand ‘Ghost’ that they had for a minute?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Speaking of, whatever happened to that brand ‘Ghost’ that they had for a minute?
    They are a german brand. Still selling them at my local rei
    2008 BMC Fourstroke 19-559 ISO (RIP in peace)
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I used to get pretty large dividends but banned REI when they went political dropping camelback, Giro, Bell ect.

As a business owner, I don't give an opinion on anything personal.
    I think you just did...

And you didn’t really ban them; You just stopped shopping there. “Ban” sounds more dramatic though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyAsheville View Post
    Wut? What about Trek? Did I miss something?

Also, regarding REI and Camelback, I’m glad a poster went there. I could only imagine the decision making process. “We need to do something to appease a small group of members who presented a petition because Camelbaks parent corporation owns another company that make firearms and related products.” “We want them to feel we are taking a stand for them, but we don’t want to alienate our other members, because after all shooting is an Olympic sport.” “I got it boss, we can temporarily stop ordering Camelbak even though we will continue to sell them and place another order once we run out.” “That will please and/or displease everyone at once, since after all, we feel very strongly both ways about this issue. We can sell the stuff but pretend we don’t.”
    Camelbak aside. I like companies that stand up for protecting the environment. MA guy here. The 4 REI's in this state do trail days and give good support of trail grants. 10's of thousands worth. That alone is worthy of my support. I do some bike stuff shopping there, good hiking, camping and outdoor equipment too, imho.

Snow Dog
    I have been a member for about 10 years, but most of my purchases have been to replace things that broke or wore out, when i could not get to the LBS.

The mechanic at our close store is really cool, and even lets me wrench on the bike if it is small stuff and he is busy. He has also given me small things for free, or good discounts. The other workers there seem to be your typical retail type salespeople. I have never run into anyone who I would say was "truly knowledgable", by way of legit use or involvement, with any of the products. But, they were also not really ignoramuses either or rude...they are just "passing time" it seems like. Most do the "Metro parks hiker", or Glamping thing...one of two of the older guys there have done AT hikes, or don't camp out of the back of their cars...

I have the LBS that I have been using for 20 years that I rely on for my bigger, "permanent" bike purchases, but their hours can be an issue with my job hours, so this forces me into REI for small things sometimes

and our local outfitter is the best...and neighbors of ours, so I try to support them as much as possible. Total old school, no frills shop with all of the best gear, 2 dogs, stuff in piles, not on corporate designed stands/racks...always there with a story about the use of this certain piece of gear in this adventure, or "we stock this (item), but THIS one is actually better and you can make it out of stuff at home..."

again, I always choose to support local first, but REI is the only non-local place I would buy gear from...
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

I never thought that a thread on REI would produce so many responses on a real mountain bike site. Sorry but REI has never been a go to thought of mine for anything Mountain Bike and I drive by one daily.

No known cure
    I think you just did...

And you didn’t really ban them; You just stopped shopping there. “Ban” sounds more dramatic though.
    When I'm interacting with clients, I don't discuss controversial topics. REI has nothing I can't get on Backcountry or Sierra trading Post, and I'm the only person that touches my bike.

mtbr member
    I joined REI back in the mid '70s for camping, mountaineering, and climbing stuff. They used to have a lot of their own branded stuff which were very good values. Now it's mainly name brand stuff at full retail, though you still get the dividend. As far as bike stuff, no problem buying anything there if they have what I'm looking for. They usually have a much better selection and stock than the LBSs, and it sounds like they're expanding that further. I've always done all my own bike work so that's not a factor for me.
    Do the math.

No known cure
    I joined REI back in the mid '70s for camping, mountaineering, and climbing stuff. They used to have a lot of their own branded stuff which were very good values. Now it's mainly name brand stuff at full retail, though you still get the dividend. As far as bike stuff, no problem buying anything there if they have what I'm looking for. They usually have a much better selection and stock than the LBSs, and it sounds like they're expanding that further. I've always done all my own bike work so that's not a factor for me.
    In my opinion, their house brand gear is top shelf and just as good as the name brand gear and is a solid choice when you need quality for a car camping situation with kids. Off the top of my head, I have a eight and four man tent from them, and a summer bag which I love. Support has been good too. They quickly replaced a pole that was broken in high winds.

mtbr member
    The coincidence of the demise Performance and Nashbar and REI adding more bike brands to their stores is provocative.

It's really sad for my family to see Nashbar go. We looked forward to their little mailers way back in the day, before they went to glossy slim catalogs.

That was when we started cycling. It was well before then, I didn't know what mountain biking was, because it wasn't a thing yet, and I was an REI member because of camping and climbing.

In our area REI has been quite supportive of mountain bike advocacy when I was active in that. They gave may thousands in grants for trail development and construction. We would even use their stores for meetings and events sometimes.

I have never considered going to REI as a source for bike stuff primarily. However, I have bought lots of bike accessories and clothes there. One time a couple years ago I was in the store getting ready for a camping trip and remembered I needed a couple of tubeless valve stems, and I asked, and the great dude there went into the shop and found a couple, and made a price tag that seemed like it was cost.

I'll probably never buy a bike there, but I'm a regular for sure. I hope they survive.

It seems as though they have set a good example for other stores. For example, a discount chain called Sports Basement seems to emulate many positive aspects of REI.

Another established retailer that grew with the internet is The Sierra Trading Post.

It's tough on the LBS. Amazon is a metastasized behemoth threatening not just the LBS, but bigger retailers like REI.

I am grateful that most women must still try on their clothes before deciding upon a purchase. This alone is helping brick and mortar shops stay open.

It used to be like this for bikes too, the fit, and the choices of certain parts. But not so much anymore.

I'd like to think the future would bring the opportunity to for bespoke cycling equipment and accessories to more and more people. In a way, it will happen, but not in the personal sense, I'm afraid. Instead of relating with a human being the market will predict your next purchase and try to make you feel like you made the decision to buy.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have had good experiences with REI bike repair shop in a couple of instances.

They used to have a tremendous return policy until cell phones proliferated.

But don’t use them for anything now except the sales racks, will buy most stuff online. For example, I bought my most recent pair of Asolo hiking shoes online without trying on—fit great.

One possible item of interest is whether carrying Bontrager will lead to Trek bikes in the future? I thought Trek had developed a program where you pick out a bike online and then it is delivered to the shop? That may be more attractive to consumers if it shows up at an REI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I never thought that a thread on REI would produce so many responses on a real mountain bike site. Sorry but REI has never been a go to thought of mine for anything Mountain Bike and I drive by one daily.
    Sadly, rei has a lot more mountain bike related stuff (tires, disc brake pads, etc.) in stock than most local independent bike shops in my area. Most other lbs are focused heavily on road biking and cyclocross

Cycologist
    I like REI. They are about the only place around me that carries much of a selection of trail running shoes. Last time I bought a pair, I checked the local running stores but they only had a couple of selections, if any. I bought some on clearance from REI and did a couple of runs. A seam was rubbing me wrong. Tried different socks but didn't help. I took them back no problem and bought some different ones.

The manager of my mountain bike group is a REI manager.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I like companies that stand up for protecting the environment.
    Same here.

REI has nothing I can't get on Backcountry or Sierra trading Post, and I'm the only person that touches my bike.
    I can walk my purchases down to REI and return it for free. Backcountry and STP require return shipping. Plus, REI has a better return policy. You can use your gear to see if you like it and return it used but not so with the other stores.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by the_joe View Post
    Sadly, rei has a lot more mountain bike related stuff (tires, disc brake pads, etc.) in stock than most local independent bike shops in my area. Most other lbs are focused heavily on road biking and cyclocross
    Basically what it comes down to for me. I'm all for supporting local shops but my local shops really don't make an effort to make a sale, and I'm fed up with the poor service they offer. The people at REI definitely do their best to accommodate me so that's why they get my business. Still second to JensonUSA though

mtbr member
    Not sure how I feel about REI. Once upon a time I shopped there a lot if not almost exclusively for non bike related gear and clothing. The last bunch of years I find their prices ridiculous to the point of having not set foot in one in years. It seems you have to be a member and shop on sale days to even get to retail pricing...at least in Portland.

They also seem to have morphed from a more hardcore outdoor enthusiasts oriented store to the weekend yuppy in what they carry. Furthermore their warranty is average at best to the non member, 1 year with receipt. If you buy an expensive item and only use it occasionally that's bogus. You can literally get better pricing and a way better warranty on most everything they carry direct from the manufacturer.

I get the convience and selection on hand factor though. I also appreciate their corporate stance and employee compensation packages they offer, good good. I need a T-shirt that says " yes, I have heard about your member program" if I ever do visit one again though.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I like companies that stand up for protecting the environment. MA guy here. The 4 REI's in this state do trail days and give good support of trail grants. 10's of thousands worth. That alone is worthy of my support. I do some bike stuff shopping there, good hiking, camping and outdoor equipment too, imho.
    This. REI puts in lots of money into trails and recreational access. Some of the too-cool-for-school crowd knock REI as a "big box store," but fail to recognize it is a co-op. Big difference. I dont buy much bike stuff there, excepts shoes and gloves, but ive bought plenty of non-bike stuff over the last 20 years. They are also open later than the LBS, so if you need something after 6 pm . . .

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Not sure how I feel about REI. Once upon a time I shopped there a lot if not almost exclusively for non bike related gear and clothing. The last bunch of years I find their prices ridiculous to the point of having not set foot in one in years. It seems you have to be a member and shop on sale days to even get to retail pricing...at least in Portland.
    You're saying they charge above MSRP at the Portland store?

Up In Smoke
    Don't they price match their website?

mtbr member
    Just more than list price of anywhere else I may see the item for sale. The last straw for me was the "Seattle Sombrero" by OR. I work outside and it's a fantastic rain hat. I wanna say is was $54 at REI which was a LOT more than the last time I bought one. I walk 6 blocks to the US Outdoor Store (great store) and it's $35 for the same hat.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Just more than list price of anywhere else I may see the item for sale. The last straw for me was the "Seattle Sombrero" by OR. I work outside and it's a fantastic rain hat. I wanna say is was $54 at REI which was a LOT more than the last time I bought one. I walk 6 blocks to the US Outdoor Store (great store) and it's $35 for the same hat.
    That hat is $60 msrp and $29.83 at REI right now.

mtbr member
    That hat is $60 msrp and $29.83 at REI right now.
    Yeah, in off colors and sizes on their website (I checked). The one I have is $60 on their site.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Yeah, in off colors and sizes on their website (I checked). The one I have is $60 on their site.
    Even at $60 that’s msrp (not over). I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for retail prices especially on upscale (or in your words, “yuppie”) brand products like that hat. Everything goes on sale eventually so if you can wait awhile you can pay less. Charging above MSRP would be “ridiculous” but MSRP is what the manufacturer suggests so that’s not ridiculous.

If you were to buy a one-time lifetime membership you’d get what amounts to about a 10% discount on full retail. Plus they regularly have member coupons.

Edit: I’m not bagging on US Outdoor. I’ve been to their brick and mortar store and I liked it. I think I’ve ordered from them online once for ski pants.

mtbr member
    While I could've worded my point better I never stated they charge over msrp. They charge much more than local competition in my experience. Here they seem to carry more of an urban/outdoor line of clothing than years past. I understand it is Portland and they're going to stock what sells. US Outdoor and other PDX fixtures typically have the gear I'm interested in these days at very competitive pricing. Maybe there's some symbiosis there, planned or otherwise.

Yeah, that’s my loss. I just never pictured them carrying that much mtb related. Probably because I’ve always thought of them as a department store level in bike brands. I obviously haven’t spent much time in one in years. If I need something it’s usually to the bike shop or online. I’ll have to drop in one and check them out soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    REI can eat a massive C*ck.. I hate REI for reasons I won't get into entirely .. suffice to say I know multiple people that worked for them that haven't been treated very well over the years...

(obviously two sides to every story) but I have multiple friends who worked there whom all say they more or less got F*cked over.... at which point makes me tend to believe they did in fact most likely get F*cked over... by REI...

I'm not sure why anyone would go there at this point.. the culture changed and finding anyone that knows jack about what they are selling is unlikely might as well goto Dicks or order online at this point.. as the one thing that didn't change is the high prices..

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by atarione View Post
    REI can eat a massive C*ck.. I hate REI for reasons I won't get into entirely .. suffice to say I know multiple people that worked for them that haven't been treated very well over the years...

(obviously two sides to every story) but I have multiple friends who worked there whom all say they more or less got F*cked over.... at which point makes me tend to believe they did in fact most likely get F*cked over... by REI...

I'm not sure why anyone would go there at this point.. the culture changed and finding anyone that knows jack about what they are selling is unlikely might as well goto Dicks or order online at this point.. as the one thing that didn't change is the high prices..
    Dicks is shutting down over 30 stores in 18 states for mixing politics with business on their own admission. They were also sued for discrimination. Some think voting with your wallet is a waste of time and an entity too big to fail, but here's a perfect example that it works

Dicks is shutting down over 30 stores in 18 states for mixing politics with business on their own admission. They were also sued for discrimination. Some think voting with your wallet is a waste of time and an entity too big to fail, but here's a perfect example that it works
    Wow, unaware of this. There’s one close to me that has been gradually slowing down over the last couple of years. Mainly because there is a Cabellas, Sportsman’s Warehouse and a new Sheels along with obviously a Dicks Sporting Goods, and REI. all in the same area. Talk about outdoor adventure saturation. Sheels if you’ve ever been to one in my prediction will be the next one to take over the market in “super center” MTB. They have a high tech upscale bike shop within this huge 2 floor HUGE warehouse of outdoor gear. Amazing place for anything outdoors.

No known cure
    Wow, unaware of this. There’s one close to me that has been gradually slowing down over the last couple of years. Mainly because there is a Cabellas, Sportsman’s Warehouse and a new Sheels along with obviously a Dicks Sporting Goods, and REI. all in the same area. Talk about outdoor adventure saturation. Sheels if you’ve ever been to one in my prediction will be the next one to take over the market in “super center” MTB. They have a high tech upscale bike shop within this huge 2 floor HUGE warehouse of outdoor gear. Amazing place for anything outdoors.
    I've never heard of Sheels, and I've never lived by a Cabellas or Sportsman Warehouse. We have a Bass Pro nearby. My favorite chain was Sports Chalet. I think they were only in Southern California. They managed to kill off themselves due to poor customer service. They were like a REI but with stick and ball equipment, along with fishing stuff. Some of the larger stores had a pool for scuba lessons.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by atarione View Post

Wait, how do you really feel about REI. Feel free to be frank!

I was in Seattle for something else yesterday, and spent a couple hours killing time in REIs flagship store. Didn’t buy anything, nothing at all. Couldn’t even have lunch, they closed the World Wraps.

As far as Dicks goes, they opened one in my town about a year ago, and the few times I have been there I have been about the only one there. Me and the staff. The last time I was there, I saw the staff do a pat down search, and go through the pockets of a young black woman who looked like a college student. She had made the mistake of exiting the mall through Dicks, with a spiral notebook (which Dicks doesn’t even sell) in her hand, that she had bought at another store. This town doesn’t allow plastic bags, so common to see merchandise taken out of stores Un bagged.

She didn’t seem upset, but I was shocked. And being former law enforcement for 35 years I know what I was seeing. Haven’t been back.

I've never heard of Sheels, and I've never lived by a Cabellas or Sportsman Warehouse. We have a Bass Pro nearby. My favorite chain was Sports Chalet. I think they were only in Southern California. They managed to kill off themselves due to poor customer service. They were like a REI but with stick and ball equipment, along with fishing stuff. Some of the larger stores had a pool for scuba lessons.
    I was a long time customer of Sports Chalet in the 25 years I lived in San Diego. Bass Pro Shops is another one I didn’t mention. That one is an hour away. Over saturation of outdoor shop “warehouses” in Northern Colorado. Add to that a plethora of mom and pop outdoor shops and then a plethora of bike shops. STOP THE INSANITY! Lol.

No known cure
    I was a long time customer of Sports Chalet in the 25 years I lived in San Diego. Bass Pro Shops is another one I didn’t mention. That one is an hour away. Over saturation of outdoor shop “warehouses” in Northern Colorado. Add to that a plethora of mom and pop outdoor shops and then a plethora of bike shops. STOP THE INSANITY! Lol.
    I can't believe Sports Chalet couldn't do damage control. Every time I went in at the end times, the generation that made up the bulk of the employees were completely useless and had no drive or work ethic.

Nat
    mtbr member
    So you're not mislead, it's the right-wing biased news outlets who say that Dick's is closing stores due to their gun stance. More centrist news outlets say it's due to diminished sales of everything else (unrelated to the gun thing).

mtbr member
    Oh boy...

Nat
    mtbr member
    Oh boy...
    Ha ha, okay I'm finished.

No known cure
    So you're not mislead, it's the right-wing biased news outlets who say that Dick's is closing stores due to their gun stance. More centrist news outlets say it's due to diminished sales of everything else (unrelated to the gun thing).
    Here's an article from a liberal rag.

https://www.outsideonline.com/237288...oods-gun-sales

Caveat-The online article is the Cliff Notes to the print article.

since 4/10/2009
    Dicks is a cancer. I worked for Galyans, a similar sort of store that was higher end than dicks. Much of what dicks does now (like the bike shop in the store thing, or an indoor climbing wall) was because of their intense competition with and eventual purchase of Galyan's.

Near the end, Galyan's corporate didn't care about anything else except lining their pockets. They expanded the stores to make the company more valuable, and then sold to Dicks.

Galyan's paid its employees well, and trained us well. They expected a lot more out of us, too. When Dicks bought them out, they pushed out all the higher paid, knowledgeable employees and replaced them with minimum wage shelf stockers.

I was one of the original Galyan's employees they forced out. Went from abt 30+hrs/wk to 5-8 almost overnight. Strung me along, and wouldn't just get rid of me so they could skip out on unemployment and I had to quit if I wanted a decent paycheck.

That was almost 15yrs ago and I haven't spent a dime in there since.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Here we go! People can’t help themselves. It’s gotta be right or left, all the time.

Snow Dog
    Dicks is a cancer. I worked for Galyans, a similar sort of store that was higher end than dicks. Much of what dicks does now (like the bike shop in the store thing, or an indoor climbing wall) was because of their intense competition with and eventual purchase of Galyan's.

Near the end, Galyan's corporate didn't care about anything else except lining their pockets. They expanded the stores to make the company more valuable, and then sold to Dicks.

Galyan's paid its employees well, and trained us well. They expected a lot more out of us, too. When Dicks bought them out, they pushed out all the higher paid, knowledgeable employees and replaced them with minimum wage shelf stockers.

I was one of the original Galyan's employees they forced out. Went from abt 30+hrs/wk to 5-8 almost overnight. Strung me along, and wouldn't just get rid of me so they could skip out on unemployment and I had to quit if I wanted a decent paycheck.

That was almost 15yrs ago and I haven't spent a dime in there since.

wow...I forgot about Galyans...the Dicks close to us used to be a Galyans...I never really went in there, and have never been in a Dicks b/c just from the looks of the outside, and hearing people talk about the selection, I know there would be nothing in there I would purchase

did any of you have a Benchmark? That place was the best outfitters ever, but I never knew if it was just a local store....Galyans and Cabella's sort of put Benchmark out of business around here, and that is what soured my taste for big box stores originally...

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    wow...I forgot about Galyans...the Dicks close to us used to be a Galyans...I never really went in there, and have never been in a Dicks b/c just from the looks of the outside, and hearing people talk about the selection, I know there would be nothing in there I would purchase

did any of you have a Benchmark? That place was the best outfitters ever, but I never knew if it was just a local store....Galyans and Cabella's sort of put Benchmark out of business around here, and that is what soured my taste for big box stores originally...
    Nope. Galyans's started as a mom & pop where I worked in Indianapolis. I worked in their 2nd store, which was their first "big box" that was not originally a big box store when they opened it. It became a big box when they wanted to expand that location, and they moved to a bigger spot across the parking lot. Interestingly enough, REI eventually moved into the spot where store 2 was originally located in the 90's.

At some point, an investment company got hold of Galyan's and things went downhill for customers as the shareholders just wanted more money and didn't care how things ran.

Snow Dog
    Nope. Galyans's started as a mom & pop where I worked in Indianapolis. I worked in their 2nd store, which was their first "big box" that was not originally a big box store when they opened it. It became a big box when they wanted to expand that location, and they moved to a bigger spot across the parking lot. Interestingly enough, REI eventually moved into the spot where store 2 was originally located in the 90's.

At some point, an investment company got hold of Galyan's and things went downhill for customers as the shareholders just wanted more money and didn't care how things ran.

hmmm...did not know that about Galyan's...they came into C-bus in like 89 or 90...I do remember friends of mine saying it was a decent place at first, but I was, and am, a "local business snob", so I never wanted to go there. It just seemed like the place where people who camped out of their cars went, other than Sears.

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    hmmm...did not know that about Galyan's...they came into C-bus in like 89 or 90...I do remember friends of mine saying it was a decent place at first, but I was, and am, a "local business snob", so I never wanted to go there. It just seemed like the place where people who camped out of their cars went, other than Sears.
    I don't remember what they were like back then very well. I was too young. It was really the only local option in Indy at the time that I knew of. My family always bought outdoor stuff at kmart back then, when they had a better outdoor section than other department stores.

The local gear shop there now is owned and operated by a bunch of former Galyans employees.

Nat
    mtbr member
    When I was a kid we got all of our camping gear from KMart. We had one of the ubiquitous cotton canvas cabin tents that smelled all musty and had three poles that converged in front of the door right where you entered. I think the only option other than KMart was the army surplus store. I don’t know if specialty small shops even existed back then. The local bike shop also repaired lawn mowers.

Up In Smoke
    When I was a kid we got all of our camping gear from KMart.
    If your folks shopped at REI we wouldn’t be having this discussion

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    If your folks shopped at REI we wouldn’t be having this discussion
    We didn’t have one in our city when I was a kid.

No known cure
    When I was a kid we got all of our camping gear from KMart. We had one of the ubiquitous cotton canvas cabin tents that smelled all musty and had three poles that converged in front of the door right where you entered. I think the only option other than KMart was the army surplus store. I don’t know if specialty small shops even existed back then. The local bike shop also repaired lawn mowers.
    LOL. We had everything Coleman. The umbrella tent, the plaid sleeping bags, lanterns and stoves. Coolers. Good times camping all over the Sierra, Kern River and the beach in the late 70s and early 80s.

I'll have to ask my mom where that shit came from.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Well that's better than what we got in the Army, we only got half of a canvas tent!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Elitest thrill junkie
    The Dick's that I've been to in the midwest usually cater to game-sports like soccer, baseball, football, etc., far more than actual outdoor recreation like hiking, climbing, trail-running and all of the stuff that REI does. Maybe they are different in different places, but the REIs I've been to in the same locations, like TX, are still like REI, where you can go find some good tech outdoor clothing, pick up some climbing shoes and what is an ever-improving selection of bikes and riding gear. I guess if you are Dick's and are located in an area where there are a lot of kids going to school that need gear and parents willing and able to pay for it, that could be a treasure trove, but all the stores I've been too just never seemed to be reaching out to the different outdoor sports.

Today at REI I got some buckles/clips for repairing some general straps (used for cinching stuff on bike racks, salsa cradle, etc.) from their "repair" area, where you can get stuff to repair straps/buckles/etc. Also picked up a 20L lightweight seal (dry) bag for my sleeping bag. Was going to possibly pick up some low-profile panniers, but they didn't carry the type I'm looking at and some of the local shops will get getting some in soon, so that purchase will definitely be local. I know a few people that work at our REI and they like working there and once again, the business has done a lot to assist us with building trails and outdoor recreation here. REI actively seeks out employees with varied outdoor hobbies. If it's something new or rare, it's seen as an asset in the employee and often can help them get hired. I have a friend that got hired because of "hammocking", which has taken off significantly since then, both at this store and everywhere else.

And that is a big bottom line for me. I think our society is way too centered around convincing people that they have to get a high paying job, have to live in the city, have to get married, have to have children, have to buy a house, etc. Social networks and family members reinforce these attitudes, but much of the time, people never stop and make the time for themselves that they need to keep healthy, and this really has to come first, because without it, everything else is jeopardized. REIs focus on "getting outside" is far more important to me than whether they carry M-16s or whatever...

beater
    You’ll have better luck if you look for “Scheels” and “Cabela’s.”

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    And that is a big bottom line for me. I think our society is way too centered around convincing people that they have to get a high paying job, have to live in the city, have to get married, have to have children, have to buy a house, etc. Social networks and family members reinforce these attitudes, but much of the time, people never stop and make the time for themselves that they need to keep healthy, and this really has to come first, because without it, everything else is jeopardized.
    Amen to that.

Snow Dog
    yeah...back in the 70's, we had mostly army/military surplus due to dad being in the Marines. We did have a big blue and white Coleman family tent...looked like a big circus tent, so we could always find it at campsites...but everything else was military. Mess kits, backpacks, boots, camp tools. We even only used these big cotton blankets for sleeping bags...and these grey foam things that looked like egg holders to sleep on. It was rough camping for sure, but it was fun! We only ever cooked on fires, no propane stoves...many times, we would just dig our own latrine pits....no regular restrooms or even outhouses in some of the places we camped

I was 18 the first time I stayed in a hotel. Family vacations were always camping.

that is why now, I feel like I am "cheating" when i camp with the fam...we are borderline Glamping sometimes, which drives me nuts...

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Nat
    mtbr member
    The Dick's that I've been to in the midwest usually cater to game-sports like soccer, baseball, football, etc., far more than actual outdoor recreation like hiking, climbing, trail-running and all of the stuff that REI does. Maybe they are different in different places, but the REIs I've been to in the same locations, like TX, are still like REI, where you can go find some good tech outdoor clothing, pick up some climbing shoes and what is an ever-improving selection of bikes and riding gear. I guess if you are Dick's and are located in an area where there are a lot of kids going to school that need gear and parents willing and able to pay for it, that could be a treasure trove, but all the stores I've been too just never seemed to be reaching out to the different outdoor sports.

Today at REI I got some buckles/clips for repairing some general straps (used for cinching stuff on bike racks, salsa cradle, etc.) from their "repair" area, where you can get stuff to repair straps/buckles/etc. Also picked up a 20L lightweight seal (dry) bag for my sleeping bag. Was going to possibly pick up some low-profile panniers, but they didn't carry the type I'm looking at and some of the local shops will get getting some in soon, so that purchase will definitely be local. I know a few people that work at our REI and they like working there and once again, the business has done a lot to assist us with building trails and outdoor recreation here. REI actively seeks out employees with varied outdoor hobbies. If it's something new or rare, it's seen as an asset in the employee and often can help them get hired. I have a friend that got hired because of "hammocking", which has taken off significantly since then, both at this store and everywhere else.

And that is a big bottom line for me. I think our society is way too centered around convincing people that they have to get a high paying job, have to live in the city, have to get married, have to have children, have to buy a house, etc. Social networks and family members reinforce these attitudes, but much of the time, people never stop and make the time for themselves that they need to keep healthy, and this really has to come first, because without it, everything else is jeopardized. REIs focus on "getting outside" is far more important to me than whether they carry M-16s or whatever...
    Totally agree.

I only learned of "hammocking" as an activity last summer when my kids said that's what they were headed out the door to do. It still sounds weird to me, like "We're going sitting today!"

Totally agree.

I only learned of "hammocking" as an activity last summer when my kids said that's what they were headed out the door to do. It still sounds weird to me, like "We're going sitting today!"
    Huh? How is Hammocking an activity? It consists of lying on your back sleeping or drinking an adult beverage and then sleeping.

Growing up in a camping family in the 60’s and 70’s that was my dads favorite activity. When picking a campsite one of the priorities was finding a site with two close enough trees to hang the hammock.

Not just camping but he also had a hammock at home in the back yard.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Huh? How is Hammocking an activity? It consists of lying on your back sleeping or drinking an adult beverage and then sleeping.

Growing up in a camping family in the 60’s and 70’s that was my dads favorite activity. When picking a campsite one of the priorities was finding a site with two close enough trees to hang the hammock.

Not just camping but he also had a hammock at home in the back yard.
    I think in this context it's used with activities like hiking, rafting, climbing, etc.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Hmmmm... Let's go hammocking!!!

I think in this context it's used with activities like hiking, rafting, climbing, etc.
    Hmmmm... Let's go hammocking!!!
    Now that I made a complete ass of myself, I’m going to need an explanation of “Hammocking” in this context. Always something new to learn with the Millennial language.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Now that I made a complete ass of myself, I’m going to need an explanation of “Hammocking” in this context. Always something new to learn with the Millennial language.
    This one might be easier (and more fun) to show rather than tell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Stupid question but what is the going price of REI memberships these days? Back when I bought mine back in 95 it was only $25 for a lifetime membership.
    Will swerve for leaves.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafkiller View Post
    Stupid question but what is the going price of REI memberships these days? Back when I bought mine back in 95 it was only $25 for a lifetime membership.
    $20

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzhenry View Post
    $20
    Well heck, I want my $5 back.

Will swerve for leaves.

Cycologist
    Huh? How is Hammocking an activity?

Growing up in a camping family in the 60’s and 70’s that was my dads favorite activity.
    Well, apparently your dad figured it out.

Out spokin'
    I think our society is way too centered around convincing people that they have to get a high paying job, have to live in the city, have to get married, have to have children, have to buy a house, etc. Social networks and family members reinforce these attitudes, but much of the time, people never stop and make the time for themselves that they need to keep healthy, and this really has to come first, because without it, everything else is jeopardized. REIs focus on "getting outside" is far more important to me than whether they carry M-16s or whatever...
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jayem again."

Full disclosure: since retiring from the newspaper biz 3.5 years ago, I got a part-time job at REI. I love it. REI gives our local mountain bike club a multi-thousand dollar grant every year and we put that money to good use building trails. I believe REI as a company perceives the American infatuation with stick & ball sports and general TV viewing from the couch as unincorporated competition. AKA spectating &/or "doing nothing." I believe REI as a company feels that motivating our society to "get outside" is not only good for business but good for society. Our North American society has become an indoor one, particularly within cities but everywhere. Parents don't send their kids outdoors to play anymore. Too many boogymen. Digital entertainment saturates all life. I may be generalizing and embellishing to a degree, but you get the idea.

Though I work at REI, the perceptions and opinions above are mine alone. Not speaking for my employer.

Anyway thanks, Jayem. <--That's all I really meant to say.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I’m glad you like it there. If REI could just take the politics out, and figure out a way not to put all the locals out if business ... kind of ironic, the big box liberal store killing off the community oriented local stores. They throw corporate money around like a PAC to purchase community chops.

REI here had a dilemma last year. One fine morning, they showed up to open the store, to find a homeless guy had set his camp up right next to the front door of REI, under the awning. Guess had to be less than compassionate for a day, because the guy and his blankets were soon gone. Maybe they gave him a free tent.

This one might be easier (and more fun) to show rather than tell.
    And as funny as that comment was, and it was a funny ass comment I must admit. I must ask you to convey what I’m missing here.

Show me da money.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyAsheville View Post
    I’m glad you like it there. If REI could just take the politics out, and figure out a way not to put all the locals out if business ... kind of ironic, the big box liberal store killing off the community oriented local stores. They throw corporate money around like a PAC to purchase community chops.

REI here had a dilemma last year. One fine morning, they showed up to open the store, to find a homeless guy had set his camp up right next to the front door of REI, under the awning. Guess had to be less than compassionate for a day, because the guy and his blankets were soon gone. Maybe they gave him a free tent.
    Again, complaining about REI as "big box store." its a co-op dude, look it up. That means its its organized for the benefit of its members, not to make a profit for shareholders. REI is not Walmart,.

And your suggestion that your that "liberals" are somehow hypocritical because they dont want homeless people camping out at their business shows how little you know about liberalism. Just because "liberals" think government should look out for the less fortunate doesnt mean they think homeless people can do no wrong.

Nat
    mtbr member
    And as funny as that comment was, and it was a funny ass comment I must admit. I must ask you to convey what I’m missing here.

Show me da money.
    I meant, "let's grab adult beverages and hang out!"

Think of "hammocking" like "tailgating" but without the parking lot. And you're lying down under some shade trees.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast