The post-ride DUI - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Am I reading this right? You guys drank 45 beers between two of you in one evening? How did you not die?
    Nattys are low octane, we probably handed out four or five, and that was from noon to 10PM
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Nattys are low octane, we probably handed out four or five, and that was from noon to 10PM
    LOL... are you in college?! Did your frat brothers show up to haze you?! God I remember those days, and they were less than 20yrs ago! Sitting on the grass in front of the house, tipping back Natty Ice, Red Dog, Coors/Bud Lite... LOL There were more than a few occasions that the similar happened and I am amazed I survived. Hell at one of my brothers bachelor party a month ago I got introduced to a new good called "Ice"... think of it like Easter Egg hunting for adults, but with Smirnoff Ice. Everyone gets a few, say 3-5 each, and you run around your place you are staying and hide them. Should you be the lucky contestant that finds one, well you much take a knee and chugg! No one there to witness the occasion, video documentation is required to be sent to one other participant in the house. You have never seen grown men more scared to open a cupboard, pantry or go take a leak than that weekend. I am still recovering today.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    LOL... are you in college?! Did your frat brothers show up to haze you?! God I remember those days, and they were less than 20yrs ago! Sitting on the grass in front of the house, tipping back Natty Ice, Red Dog, Coors/Bud Lite... LOL There were more than a few occasions that the similar happened and I am amazed I survived. Hell at one of my brothers bachelor party a month ago I got introduced to a new good called "Ice"... think of it like Easter Egg hunting for adults, but with Smirnoff Ice. Everyone gets a few, say 3-5 each, and you run around your place you are staying and hide them. Should you be the lucky contestant that finds one, well you much take a knee and chugg! No one there to witness the occasion, video documentation is required to be sent to one other participant in the house. You have never seen grown men more scared to open a cupboard, pantry or go take a leak than that weekend. I am still recovering today.
    No. I'll be 49 in less than two months. My friend and his wife just built a house and we spent four hours moving stuff to storage, then it was off to the show. I've known them for nearly 40 years and it had been a while since I'd seen them.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Well, if you are dealing with "facts", moderate amounts of alcohol are not harmful to most people. Yes there are exceptions. Drinking too much alcohol will kill a person...just like drinking too much water will do.

Sorry, not buying your idea of utopia. Wearing monitors to track one's progress toward an incentive? Screw that.

"Perceived money saved on predicted costs"? Now that's funny.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I wish I had a beer to enjoy with my popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

banned
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjichor View Post
    I instead use such dissatisfaction to try and improve the world around me, rather than use my efforts selfishly.
    FYI, you're not "improving the world around you" with your strident posts here.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    Holy crap, "Big Brother" just got a stiffy with your last paragraph, that sh!t is just scarey!
    always mad and usually drunk......

Nat
    mtbr member
    Okay, so only like twenty beers each...

If I tried to drink like that Id either be out cold or too bloated to move.

No known cure

I have a high tolerance which is why I don't drink to catch a buzz. It's not healthy and is a waste of money. But, a couple times a year, usually around a body of water in 100 degree heat, I'll drink enough water beers with my brother to paralyze a small country like Liechtenstein.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
    Out of curiosity, I purchased a Breathalizer.
    I'm 180# and two 5oz glasses of red wine had me blowing .05 BAC.
    Since i'm a CDL holder my legal limit is .04 even when i'm operating a passenger vehicle.

I'll keep testing but it appears that I can enjoy a single drink with a dinner out and be safe. Which is plenty for me and 1-2 is my preferred amount anyways.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Whoopee ! Excellent marksmanship.
    When a subject demonstrates such behavior as testing or monitoring one's own 'constitution' for handling drink to better know the limits or effects, this is really cool. Well done!

No. I'll be 49 in less than two months. My friend and his wife just built a house and we spent four hours moving stuff to storage, then it was off to the show. I've known them for nearly 40 years and it had been a while since I'd seen them.
    Wow.
    I think with some energy to burn off or doing some physical work, I used to be able to put some of the lighter abv away but even that was 30 or more years ago. 2 beers an hour over 10 -12 hours doesn't sound as bad and food would sure help. I could never go that long with out eating.
    Still, 360 oz of anything seems like I'd either drown or my bladder would explode.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Whoopee ! Excellent marksmanship.
    When a subject demonstrates such behavior as testing or monitoring one's own 'constitution' for handling drink to better know the limits or effects, this is really cool. Well done!

Wow.
    I think with some energy to burn off or doing some physical work, I used to be able to put some of the lighter abv away but even that was 30 or more years ago. 2 beers an hour over 10 -12 hours doesn't sound as bad and food would sure help. I could never go that long with out eating.
    Still, 360 oz of anything seems like I'd either drown or my bladder would explode.
    Food intake for the day was two tacos, a burrito, a sub sandwich and a bacon double cheeseburger. I usually don't put that kind of food away but we were moving crap and I built up an appetite. I think I weigh in at a lean 175 at 5'11".

Co Springs
    Food intake for the day was two tacos, a burrito, a sub sandwich and a bacon double cheeseburger. I usually don't put that kind of food away but we were moving crap and I built up an appetite. I think I weigh in at a lean 175 at 5'11".
    Oh MAN !!

Now I'm hungry AND thirsty.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014

He said it was ten hours... Two beers an hour with a glass of water and a snack every other hour is pretty easy to do sitting by a pool or something nice like that. Not something you should aspire to, but it doesn't require frat membership either.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    He said it was ten hours... Two beers an hour with a glass of water and a snack every other hour is pretty easy to do sitting by a pool or something nice like that. Not something you should aspire to, but it doesn't require frat membership either.
    I couldnt do it.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    also easier in a pool bar, saves having to get up and go to the p!sser all the time
    always mad and usually drunk......

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    I couldnt do it.
    Not with that attitude.

Short-Change-Hero
    Yup lots of factors put into play that allowed for the large consumption amount. Also, many are assuming that he did not "break the seal" the entire time, which I am guessing is incorrect.

Quick piece of trivia for everyone that I recently learned.

What is one piece of equipment that 99% of officers own that is not part of their normal duty kit (e.g. not a firearm, magazine, flashlight, etc.)????

Big Mac
    Yup lots of factors put into play that allowed for the large consumption amount. Also, many are assuming that he did not "break the seal" the entire time, which I am guessing is incorrect.

What is one piece of equipment that 99% of officers own that is not part of their normal duty kit (e.g. not a firearm, magazine, flashlight, etc.)????
    Beers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One ring to mash them all
    Bottle opener?
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and, uh yeah, and clever."
    David St. Hubbins

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Empty 3 liter bottle?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Not with that attitude.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Empty 3 liter bottle?
    Stadium Pal?
    David St. Hubbins

Cycologist
    More importantly, what bands were playing?
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send me cookies.

Short-Change-Hero
    I will give a hint... This piece of equipment is something they OWN themselves, not part of their duty kit!

I will report back later this afternoon (like 2pm/3pm PST) and try and grab peoples answers to see if anyone got it.

Upcyclist
    I will give a hint... This piece of equipment is something they OWN themselves, not part of their duty kit!
    Their brain?
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send chazpat cookies.

Bikesexual
    Speedos?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Mirrored Raybans Aviators.
    Ragley Big Wig, Sunday Soundwave (BMX), Nashbar CXSS (workout)

Upcyclist
    Nunchucks?
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send chazpat cookies.

Cycologist
    A rubber band?
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send me cookies.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014

I will report back later this afternoon (like 2pm/3pm PST) and try and grab peoples answers to see if anyone got it.
    This is the most organized thread high-jacking I've ever seen.

CEO Product Failure
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Nunchucks?
    LMAO!!! That was my guess!

Second guess is breathalizer (kinda keep on topic). If not that, I'd guess zipties.

Short-Change-Hero
    This is the most organized thread high-jacking I've ever seen.
    LOL... I promise you it is related.

The

is killing me.
    David St. Hubbins

Nat
    mtbr member
    Mustache?

Big Mac
    A printed copy of the backwards alphabet.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post

Someone has been through the test..

They also make you count backwards.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Co Springs
    Breath Mints

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Their brain?
    I am thinking the same thing, or just the ability to view and quickly asses a situation.

I was the Designate Driver for a vehicle after my Brothers Bachelor Party. I had been drinking on the river during the day, but I stopped in the afternoon and started chugging water. When we got to dinner I continued drinking water and knew by the end of dinner I had flushed my system and was in shape to operate a vehicle. Some of the guys who were DD's earlier in the day had moved on to drinking. I was driving a vehicle I was not used to and failed to turn on the headlights when leaving the parking lot and was lit up immediately (not sure if the state trooper was just hanging out by that restaurant, or was just driving by).
    It was late and I pulled into a McDonalds parking lot, fully lit, but the store was closed already, so no audience.

I was asked to exit the vehicle, the trooper had a plain clothes person along observing him and he gave me the full gambit of the tests. I passed them all with flying colors, but that dang backwards alphabet took a lot of concentration, that is nearly a trick question.

Finally he had me blow the Breathalyzer and then told me I was free to go. I failed to ask what I blew. He told after that I was pulled over for the headlights, /facepalm, and that when I rolled the window down all he could smell was booze coming out of the car, which I do not doubt, there were 5 adult males in the car I was responsible for getting home safe, and none of them were fit to drive.

Thinking ahead and planning a Designated Driver is a requirement in my book if you do not plan on a taxi or an Uber(my story was about 13 years ago, so no Uber back then).
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

I don't think I'd do any better at the backwards alphabet sober vs. inebriated.
    David St. Hubbins

beater
    When I was a little kid, my great-uncle used to entertain me with his ZYXs. Hed sing them as confidently as I did my ABCs. Only later did I realize why.

mtbr member
    A pen for you to follow with your eyes.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The answer is "the nose."

And I didn't know any agency still used a backward alphabet. It's nearly impossible and I know it's no longer part of the standard field sobriety tests.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    A pen for you to follow with your eyes.
    Ahhh the old, gaze nystagmus test. Was thinking the same thing, but it might be too obvious.
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

Short-Change-Hero
    Mustache?
    This was the best answer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    When I was a little kid, my great-uncle used to entertain me with his ZYXs. Hed sing them as confidently as I did my ABCs. Only later did I realize why.
    These two were a close second!!

The real answer is a breathalyzer.
    Most officers own their own breathalyzer that they have at home. You have never come across any profession that has a ZERO tolerance than all forms of law enforcement. You want a career killer, get convicted of a DUI while an officer of the law, regardless of on duty or off.

Talking with some of the officers that I work with, multiple have stated that they have had a late night of partying with family and friends only to wake up the next morning to go to their shift. Most get trained that if it has been less than 12hrs since their last drink and they have not had any water or food in that time, they need to test themselves. One officer, a bigger guy, said he got up for his shift one day and felt perfectly fine. When he looked at the clock he thought he was outside the timeframe but wasn't sure so he tested himself. He still blew a .02. While this doesn't seem like much, remember they have a ZERO Tolerance, he knew if he randomly go screened for whatever reason, it would be an automatic dismissal. Thank god for sick time and/or swapping shifts with buddies.

Same goes for the zero tolerance for the civilian side of LEA when it comes to drug usage, especially things like marijuana (in NV this is regardless of state law legality). You can pee dirty from CBD usage and it is an automatic suspension for non-sworn with required usage of sick and/or annual leave until an investigation is done.

Same goes for the zero tolerance for the civilian side of LEA when it comes to drug usage, especially things like marijuana (in NV this is regardless of state law legality). You can pee dirty from CBD usage and it is an automatic suspension for non-sworn with required usage of sick and/or annual leave until an investigation is done.
    I'm not LEA, but where i work we were advised to not partake of the so-called "CBD burgers" that some places are marketing, to avoid getting popped on a drug test.
    David St. Hubbins

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I'm not LEA, but where i work we were advised to not partake of the so-called "CBD burgers" that some places are marketing, to avoid getting popped on a drug test.
    Yeah, I have talked with multiple shops locally about non-THC related CBD products as there are plenty out there that will tout themselves as "Clean" CBD. I have heard everything from the process used to extract the CBD from the hemp to other items (certain varieties, etc.) the fact of the matter is that there is no real conclusive evidence that says, if you do XYZ you will be clean. So while I realize there are plenty of benefits of CBD i just stay away. Too much of a risk.

mtbr member

Name:  Strange Brew.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  10.9 KB
    No dig no whine

^lol

Look for a building on fire!
    David St. Hubbins

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Someone has been through the test..

They also make you count backwards.
    I have been. More than once. I never received a citation. And honestly, I was never asked to recite the alphabet backwards. Id likely laugh, and ask the officer to go first. Counting, I can do.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    Name:  Strange Brew.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  10.9 KB
    Ha! Thats how I feel after two pints.

No known cure
    I had the pen/eye test on a bobbing boat on a lake. It was no big deal since I was sober.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Yeah, I have talked with multiple shops locally about non-THC related CBD products as there are plenty out there that will tout themselves as "Clean" CBD. I have heard everything from the process used to extract the CBD from the hemp to other items (certain varieties, etc.) the fact of the matter is that there is no real conclusive evidence that says, if you do XYZ you will be clean. So while I realize there are plenty of benefits of CBD i just stay away. Too much of a risk.
    There are benefits of CBD? You mean that you get to tell your friends you take CBD?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    There are benefits of CBD? You mean that you get to tell your friends you take CBD?
    CBD. The new Vegan or Crossfit or Keto. Must immediately tell everyone about how great it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    CBD. The new Vegan or Crossfit or Keto. Must immediately tell everyone about how great it is.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  41.4 KB

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    If you take CBD and are also gluten free I think Obama gives you a billboard in Times Square.
    What if you take CBD are on a vegan, keto, gluten free diet and do crossfit? Do you get a blimp? And which do you tell people about first?

mtbr member
    I've switched to CBD oil in my shocks and forks. Truly a mellow ride.
    Do the math.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    What if you take CBD are on a vegan, keto, gluten free diet and do crossfit? Do you get a blimp? And which do you tell people about first?
    That's the exact scenario the emergency broadcast system was created for!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234