Please help me with JensonUSA theyíre trying to F me over- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Please help me with JensonUSA theyíre trying to F me over

So two weeks ago I bought the last pair of a set of enve wheels off Jensenusa. They were like 1500 bucks which I thought was a great deal. So I bought them and saw the money pending in my bank account. After three days the payment never came through so I called them. They told me theyíd find out why they didnít ship and call me before the end of the day.

Fast forward another 10 days and every day of those ten days I have called them over and over they tell me over and over that someone will call me back to tell me whatís going on before the end of the day and they never do. After ten consecutive days (weekend excluded of course) Iím getting seriously pissed. They wonít even take my calls anymore because there dodging my number and still no payment has come out and no one Iíll call me back. Iím thinking since it was the last pair that they canít find the wheels and they donít wanna admit it to me and hope that Iíll just go away.

What I need is a direct number or a name and a number of someone above the pansy ass manager that Iíve been taking to. Does anyone over in California know any of these assholes personally, or have a number for anyone higher up in the company so I can get this shit figured out? Iím posed as hell and these ****ers are harder to get through to on the phone than the god damn irs. Seriously pissed. Wouldnít you be?

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Hmmmm.. Iíd be pissed as well. Not sure what to tell you other than keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't throw a contact or friend under the bus to help you after reading your last paragraph. Sorry.

It sucks that you haven't gotten your wheels.

What are you expecting? Are you out $$$? No? Cancel the order. Call your credit card. Buy somewhere else.

Never buy from them again.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

Up In Smoke
    They do have employees that come around here, I've had bad experiences with them as well, but your rant isn't going to get you very far. Buy somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I had a similar experience with someone in their HR department which caused me to start shopping elsewhere, but the employees that I've dealt with at the Riverside will-call/front office are some of the coolest and most helpful people that I've ever run into.

At this point, I'd probably just cancel the order and look elsewhere. If they've been dodging you for this long, they either don't have the wheelset or they don't want the business. Your choice whether you'd like to keep dragging it out or just cut your "losses" and keep it moving.

Sneaker man
    Yeah, this is something to be miffed about but not overly upset, so for whatever reason the wheels arent available (either got sold, wrong inventory of stock, someone got their arse kicked over incorrect pricing, whatever), they didn't take you money, maybe they could be a bit more transparent in what happened, but they arn't "f...ing you over".
    Downer, sure.
    Rant worthy...maybe.
    Going off the deep end? Not even close.
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If you take the emotion out of it, they aren't able to fulfil their end of the contract (sales agreement). Call them and cancel the order once and for all. Your story doesn't sound like good customer service to me. If they are really ignoring your calls use a different phone and end it. My orders have always gone well, but I haven't needed CS for my orders. If this really is their MO they will drive themselves out of existence like so many other vendors.

orthonormal
    File a complaint with your credit card company and let them deal with Jenson.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    The OP said that Jensen hasnít charged him yet...his CC company canít do a thing.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattyrider38 View Post
    So two weeks ago I bought the last pair of a set of enve wheels off Jensenusa. They were like 1500 bucks which I thought was a great deal. So I bought them and saw the money pending in my bank account. After three days the payment never came through so I called them. They told me theyíd find out why they didnít ship and call me before the end of the day.

Fast forward another 10 days and every day of those ten days I have called them over and over they tell me over and over that someone will call me back to tell me whatís going on before the end of the day and they never do. After ten consecutive days (weekend excluded of course) Iím getting seriously pissed. They wonít even take my calls anymore because there dodging my number and still no payment has come out and no one Iíll call me back. Iím thinking since it was the last pair that they canít find the wheels and they donít wanna admit it to me and hope that Iíll just go away.

What I need is a direct number or a name and a number of someone above the pansy ass manager that Iíve been taking to. Does anyone over in California know any of these assholes personally, or have a number for anyone higher up in the company so I can get this shit figured out? Iím posed as hell and these ****ers are harder to get through to on the phone than the god damn irs. Seriously pissed. Wouldnít you be?
    Spend your money elsewhere...and get some aluminum rims; those Enve rims will probably fail any ways. Sounds like a win-win situation

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    They are just wheels ----not worth all this--just cancel and move on and perhaps take a chill pill--life is too short to get worked up about not getting charged and not having wheels

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    The OP said that Jensen hasnít charged him yet...his CC company canít do a thing.
    Even easier, cancel.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mbtr member

You sound like you're awful to deal with and CS is sick of you. You've probably earned a reputation.

That's not a judgement against you, but a likely explanation of why nobody making 12$ at jenson wants to help you out, and why no one here will give you contact information.

Real advice- be nice! Make sure that the person on the other side enjoys interacting with you. Most people want to be as helpful as they're able. If the wheels you bought don't exist... there's nothing they can do. The person answering the phone didn't create your problem. Maybe they can give you a discount on a future purchase... but **** the guy who calls every day and makes them miserable. He's gonna be unhappy no matter what.

Enves have always been overpriced, and now everyone knows it. It's not a great deal, imo.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Search for "Enve Fail" on Pinkbike.. I'd think of your issues with them as a blessing in disguise.

Look elsewhere for another set of rims. As good as a deal it is, I'd be pissed if they cracked or broke on me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Does anybody at the customer service center even know who is calling? Is it like a traditional service center where you make a call and you have no idea where the call is routed to? How can you be so sure that the person has programmed your phone number into their system with a caller I.D. scenario.
    Block your number and call -if they accept private/blocked calls.

I vote for they do not have the wheels on-hand. Customer service is doing their job. Like or hate it, they are doing their job. Aside from returning a call by end of day.

You haven't given them your money for a service -they are not EXPECTED to bend over backwards. Yes it would be nice, a kin gesture, but that isn't how it works.

Some people want instant answers to everything, just like most things are possible these days. Unfortunately Jensen doesn't seem to bow to a person because they demand answers immediately.

I understand you're upset. Maybe you were nice to customer service and your blew your cool here on the boards from pent up anger.

IF they have the wheels I'm sure you'll receive them. I believe (probably because I am naive) they have not sold the wheels to others and are afraid to tell you, but rather they just haven't gotten them from their supplier, yet.

You haven't paid out the money, technically. You are not out anything. But the hate/anger in your post doesn't make you sound like a very friendly/personable individual.

I don't think 1.5 weeks is an unreasonable of time to wait for an order. It's frustrating, but not to the level of your words (in my opinion).
    You'll get those new wheels in no time. I feel though that the transaction is tainted. I would be willing to bet you will find a problem with the order once received, holding them accountable for a dent in the box or for not calling you to ask if you have received your order, or just something.

Anyway, maybe you feel better after venting here. Maybe it only made you more angry. I hope it made you feel better though.

mtbr member
    OP- you probably dodged a bullet. Jenson+Enve sounds like a nightmare.

Jenson recently lost my biz as well.

Some fvck in CS would not process a return based on a promotion they were running (free returns on clothing). Bought two sizes, kept one, immediately contacted them upon delivery to start process. Didn't think it was going to take multiple calls that ultimately end in screaming at lazy indifferent asshats and multiple emails to get a return label.

DONE.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't take your call either if you called my business everyday for 10 days while we tried to sort it out,

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Uhh...if they haven't taken your money, move on?

mtbr member
    all the replies to this are exactly what I was hoping to see after reading the OP. Jenson didn't take his money and he thinks they are f-ing him over...? come on now, move on

mtbr member
    It could be worse. Outside Outfitters is notorious for charging your account and not shipping. Getting one's account credited takes months.

Cancel order and move on.

mtbr member
    They did you a favour, they were over priced before at retail and $1500 is still too high for the models I saw on sale, do yourself a favour and pick up a set of Ibis with i9 hubs for about the same $$.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

EMBA Member
    I bought some carbon rims from China maybe 4 years ago. Paid $204 each, if I remember right. Still going strong. Happy with the rims, the purchase, and everything about the service delivery. Cancel, buy via the internet, and use the money you saved for something else - or save it.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Seriously pissed. Wouldnít you be?
    Nope. I've had enough good experiences with them that if they happen to mess something up once in a while, it's still all good. And I don't have to go tell my sob story on the interwebs for sympathy.

Rides all the bikes!
    I live near the Riverside warehouse. I don't go there much since I use the LBS. But I haven't had negative experiences.

On the other hand, I have dealt with people who sound like this on the phone, and I am not highly motivated to be helpful. I imagine they are the same.

Bikesexual
    The Corona store is awesome! They allowed me to return an RLT for my current MMD that was sitting on their show room, even though I had ridden the RLT for about 15miles, and had a minor scratch on the crank arm.

As far as returns, and CS never had an issue. I just ship what I have to return, and they credit card.

Bad customer service its everywhere, the good news is you have lots of choices.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Nope. I've had enough good experiences with them that if they happen to mess something up once in a while, it's still all good. And I don't have to go tell my sob story on the interwebs for sympathy.

Lol wow your a dueche aren't ya??

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    YA I'm sure if I drove my ass to california it would be a different story, the root of the problem is they're horrible to deal with over the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    The Corona store is awesome! They allowed me to return an RLT for my current MMD that was sitting on their show room, even though I had ridden the RLT for about 15miles, and had a minor scratch on the crank arm.

As far as returns, and CS never had an issue. I just ship what I have to return, and they credit card.

Bad customer service its everywhere, the good news is you have lots of choices.

since 4/10/2009
    Lol wow your a dueche aren't ya??
    anyone who works in customer service long enough deals with people like you on a regular basis. you're the douche, and nobody's going to go out of their way to help someone who's berating them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    YA I'm sure if I drove my ass to california it would be a different story, the root of the problem is they're horrible to deal with over the phone
    Responding in kind, i imagine.

I haven't taken any money from you either, but i do have some enve wheels. Am i also trying to F you over?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Your assuming a bit aren't cha? Hows about some company charges your account 3 times for 4500 total, then won't tell you why, won't answer your inquires and won't get back to you for almost 2 weeks, then see how frustrated you may be?? Thats a lot of money to have tied up for a long ass time i would say, They could have fixed this, I've been patient but they chose to ignore me. I never once berated them, got frustrated as hell, for good reason NO? BTW, they finally shipped them today, maybe this thread had something to do with that, which is why i started it, not to as you say complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    anyone who works in customer service long enough deals with people like you on a regular basis. you're the douche, and nobody's going to go out of their way to help someone who's berating them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    Funny, that will be the first time a consumer complains about NOT being charged.

On topic, I can see the OP's point IF he was nice on the phone. On the other hand, Jenson never charged him. It is just the missing formality of cancelling the order.

They probably ran out of those wheels and forgot to notify OP
    2018 Motobecane Sturgis NX
    2016 Giant Toughroad SLR1

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    your response makes no sense, you sound ignorant

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    when a company puts your money pending, it removes it from your account, I consider that being charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun View Post
    Funny, that will be the first time a consumer complains about NOT being charged.

On topic, I can see the OP's point IF he was nice on the phone. On the other hand, Jenson never charged him. It is just the missing formality of cancelling the order.

They probably ran out of those wheels and forgot to notify OP

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    I'm just another dueche because I agree with noapathy 100%. And yes my experiences on the phone with them has been great!

FWIW, I've been in the CallCenter industry for 30 or so years, and I've done it all from being on the phones to where I'm at now.

Guess what? mistakes happen! But those that call in with a shitty attitude, cursing, and being a jerk, are not going to motivate the person that's willing to help because you go off on them. You either get transferred, escalated, or placed on eternal hold.

I guess the OP has never made a mistake.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Your assuming a bit aren't cha? Hows about some company charges your account 3 times for 4500 total, then won't tell you why, won't answer your inquires and won't get back to you for almost 2 weeks, then see how frustrated you may be?? Thats a lot of money to have tied up for a long ass time i would say, They could have fixed this, I've been patient but they chose to ignore me. I never once berated them, got frustrated as hell, for good reason NO? BTW, they finally shipped them today, maybe this thread had something to do with that, which is why i started it, not to as you say complain.
    What? they've charged you 3 times now? do keep your story consistent, dear.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Hows about some company charges your account 3 times for 4500 total.
    They charged you three times? You initially said that no charge went through. What happened?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į SuperModerator

To be fair your Original post only mentioned the money was pending for $1500, not for $4500.

Either way best to contact your bank or CC and have them cancel the order when a vendor is not being responsive. I too would not want my money being held like that.

I am glad to hear they were able to find the rims and ship them to you.

Call someone a deuche again and you will get a 7 day time out.

/thread
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules