Phone mount- Mtbr.com

Thread: Phone mount

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Phone mount

Does anyone use a phone mounted to your ride for strava and general HD camera snaps and vids? If so how does it work, been looking into getting a mount but wanted to hear from anyone out there who has done it already.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The Rokbed is popular. This is the iPhone 4/4s case and mount.

If you want/need waterproof the Lifeproof is a good choice. This link is just the mount for Lifeproof's iPhone 4/4s case.

If you've got another phone I can't help!

Good luck.

SS Pusher Man
    Yeah, but I hear you have to make sure you get the 29er version.....the 26er version might jot work on your 29er and vice versa.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Yeah, but I hear you have to make sure you get the 29er version.....the 26er version might jot work on your 29er and vice versa.
    Lol, no doubt!

Dirt Bike Craig
    I decided to give the Lifeproof case and bike mount a try. Its great for music and GPS but the iphone itself is not good at all for trying to record video while moving. Even on flat pavement I was getting some intense shutter roll. Being mounted directly to the handlebars transfers quite a bit of movement. I love my GoPro's even more after that experiment
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I don't have a mount yet, but the life proof case is the way to go!! water, sand, oil, mud proof... after 5 months, phone is perfect and looks brand new!!

mtbr member

+1 Lifeproof

I use a Lifeproof case and bar mount every ride to track my rides via the runtastic ap (I've tried other and runtastic works best for me).. Never an issue whatsoever.. Even after a few spills, rain, mud, sweat drips, etc.. Works perfect.. And oddly enough is operable (with some patience) with my Fox full finger gloves.. Just don't be afraid to get the mount as tight as possible on the most secure rung of the clamp.. I add some electrical tape to my bars to get the perfect thickness to achieve this...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    i just purchased the universal ram mount and its great

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I use a wahoo fitness case, I've beat the crap out of it and it's still golden. A++

'11 Opus Strat
    This is an old pic but just sits farther over on my new bars because the bracket won't fit around the 31.8's
    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...es-792682.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    GoPro on a helmet

Suckin wind like a boss
    my galaxy s3 rides in my camelbak. no need for pictures while im rollin, thats what a gopro is for.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Motorola Defy+

Bumpin' this thread - happens to by my first MTBR post too.

Phone is a Motorola Defy + - I use MyTracks, to review my rides, and to plan Adventure Race courses.

My preference is for a rigid mount rather than a bag with a clear face...

Maybe the Ram series...?
    Last edited by gbossley; 07-18-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Details, boy, details...

Inspector Gadget

Phone mount

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    CX, XC, AM, FR or DH? So many choices!
    It's the perfect time of year, Somewhere far away from here.

Caca pasa
    Paul Components in Chico has a new mount that attaches to your headset cap. Cheggit out at paulcomp.com
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    I just recently got one of these:

Phone mount-ip5_kit_1024x1024.png

Quadlock and it works very well for intended use. Also has an available raincoat. I don't see how one is going to take videos though with this type of mount.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    THanks Ronnie. Yeah quadlock concept looks good - I'd be happy to go down that path if I can get a case that I can adhere the mount to.

So futher to the above...

Can anyone recommend a case I can insert the phone in, which is then glued to the mount, that will cling to the phone so we don't have weeping?
    Last edited by gbossley; 07-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbossley View Post
    THanks Ronnie. Yeah quadlock concept looks good - I'd be happy to go down that path if I can get a cast that I can adhere the mount to.
    "Cast", I don't understand what you mean.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sorry - Case... amended - would the phone be safe in something like this - glued to the quadlock mount on my bike...

Empire Black Phased Poly Skin Protective TPU Case Cover FOR Motorola Defy Mini | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbossley View Post
    Sorry - Case... amended - would the phone be safe in something like this - glued to the quadlock mount on my bike...
    You need to buy the case for the phone from Quadlock. It bayonets and locks onto the mount. If this is not strong enough, nothing is:

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yeah Ronnie, understood. However, they don't sell a case for a Motorola Defy+. And I don't do "i"

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Sense im a cheap ass, i use the reflector mounts off my kids bikes to make mounts for my light and Iphone on my bike. I use an otter box and attched the stupid ass looking belt clip to the reflector mount minus the reflector, ( it slides off) via some 10-32 srews. Then put the reflector mount on my handel bars. Works pretty good. Works best for watching netflix on the cycle trainer during witer months.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Ray thanks - I tried a home made mount once, and I still wonder where exactly the phone went that was attached to it. Spent 45 minutes looking in the weeds on the side of the road.

mtbr member
    I had an old lifeproof style case that I attached to my handlebars just above the stem with cable ties. It worked great for Strava and seeing why people are texting me while I'm out. I upgraded to a new phone so I haven't figured out if I will buy a mount specifically or just get a new case to strap on.
    2012 Specialized Carve Comp 29
    IMBA Member
    Team J3 :: http://www.ridej3.com

mtbr member
    Phone mount-286cdba1e9fe2a04f36fcf580da551cc_large.jpg

Ok, this look's like a really cool product. Cheaper and simpler than most out there.
    The catch is you have to wait until September of this year.
    Check out the video on the link.

The Handleband || Smartphone Mount, Light Mount, Bottle Opener

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I was looking at the lunatik taktik extremeand then the bikemount/holster. I just recieved notice that they are no longer going to make or offer the holster. I am now going to return the case that is currently in the middle of being shipped to me. Doesnt sound like a company that would stand behind a product anyway. I called to inquire about the mount as well and the girl on the other line said "O well". Maybe their founder Mr. Scott Wilson will someday see this. I sent him a tweet and waiting for a response.

Members who have read this thread: 1