Pedal Questions, To Clip or not to Clip- Mtbr.com

Jul 2007

Pedal Questions, To Clip or not to Clip

I mainly ride singletrack, most is not too technical for clipless, but some is. and I still like to air out when I can or huck of ledges. (I'm also a kayaker always trying to get that freefall feeling)

I've been riding flats for the past couple of years and I like the flexibility. But lately I've riding more xc style with less rought stuff.

Are the combo pedals Crank Bro. Acid 1, etc. worth it. Are they harder to get in quickly after a foot goes down in the techy stuff?

Opinions on flats vs. clipless vs. dual purpose please!

P.S. If I buy new pedals, I'd like them to work nice on my 29r full susp. I plan on buying next year. I'm on a 26 hardtail now.

Probably drunk right now

MTBR Search is your Friend....

Quote Originally Posted by bryanpin
    I mainly ride singletrack, most is not too technical for clipless, but some is. and I still like to air out when I can or huck of ledges. (I'm also a kayaker always trying to get that freefall feeling)

I've been riding flats for the past couple of years and I like the flexibility. But lately I've riding more xc style with less rought stuff.

Are the combo pedals Crank Bro. Acid 1, etc. worth it. Are they harder to get in quickly after a foot goes down in the techy stuff?

P.S. If I buy new pedals, I'd like them to work nice on my 29r full susp. I plan on buying next year. I'm on a 26 hardtail now.
    There are 1-2 hundred threads on clipless pedals vs. flats and which clipless pedal is "best". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you'll get a lot better information with Search than you will in another thread on clipless.

Jul 2007
    thanks

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanpin

If you want them to work on a 29er, you should ask about 29er pedals on the 29er forum.

Use the advanced search function, but it can stink. Personally I would never go back to flats, except on my townie cruizer. I even use clipless on the rare day of shuttled DH. For xc it seems like a no brainer to me to go clipless

Members who have read this thread: 0