Outdoor weather proof lockable storage for 2 bikes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Outdoor weather proof lockable storage for 2 bikes

I bought a new place and have a concrete walled patio that has a gate I can lock. You would not even be able to see inside of this space. About 5 feet tall, no roof. I want a weather proof lock able storage option for two bikes. Basically a plastic clam shell I can keep them in. A shed won't work, will be too tall. Only need it as tall as the bikes.

Anything out there?

I always bleed like this.
    You are going to need more than a clamshell for security. 5ft high and locked is not really locked. You are going to want something more robust, just my two cents. Build a framed wooden box. Frame on the outside so the screws are not accessable. Then either sheath it in something waterproof or paint the crap out of it. I would still cover the top and at least a foot of the top sides in some waterproof material. If you use anything thin someone will look over the wall, realize your bikes are in there, cut it open and take your ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I plan on drilling an anchor in the concrete wall and locking the bikes and the box to it. Plus I live in a safe neighborhood with 5 cops as neighbors so I'm not worried about theft. The one wall of this enclosure is a sliding glass door so who ever wants to steal them would have to be real ballsy. I guess I could build it myself but it seems odd I can not find a storage unit for storing bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    http://www.murdock-supersecur.com/bicycle-security

The Centurion Bike Security Shed

add a camera for the ballsy ones

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well that looks perfect but looks expensive as hell. I'm thinking of going with this...

click here

I can bolt the bikes to the concrete wall thru a velcro opening they provide. I think for $55 it's worth a shot. But a camera would be easy to hook up so I may just do it.

mtbr member
    Something like this might work for you.
    http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Org...atalogId=10053
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What did you end up buying? Is it working?

Members who have read this thread: 0