mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Ordering from Blue Sky Cycling the first time..

Anyone ordered anything from them lately? Google has turned up very little comments about the vendor. I just ordered a set of Shimano SLX hubs from them on the 19th. I also ordered a pair of rims from Chainreaction too and they have already shipped them out from UK. I see no updates from Blue Sky Cycling. I emailed them but receiving no responds.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeed73 View Post
    Anyone ordered anything from them lately? Google has turned up very little comments about the vendor. I just ordered a set of Shimano SLX hubs from them on the 19th. I also ordered a pair of rims from Chainreaction too and they have already shipped them out from UK. I see no updates from Blue Sky Cycling. I emailed them but receiving no responds.
    Ive used them a number of times in the past, but most recently about two years ago. They were super slow to ship and even slower to respond to email but I eventually got all my stuff. If the price is worth the slow shipping time, then youre golden. If time is of the essence, shop elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Eww...thanks... I am not in a hurry but don't want to wait for 2 weeks to get my order. I can afford to pay a bit more from somewhere else....

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Well, I just called and spoke to Eddie and very pleasant to talk to. Apparently, it would get shipped out today...finger crossed....

Flat Pluto Society
    Well, I just called and spoke to Eddie and very pleasant to talk to. Apparently, it would get shipped out today...finger crossed....
    Yeah, it only works if you cross more than one finger.

mtbr member
    They used to be my go-to until I discovered all the other places. I always got my stuff and they once actually called to check the address I was shipping to because it was different from the one I usually used.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    It's been awhile, but I've had good experiences with them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I don't want to make another post. What about the shipping time from Chainreactioncycles to the US? It seems that their free shipping is known to be SLOW because they are using P2P Trakpak. My rims now are stuck in Netherlands since the 21st. The package was shipping out using USPS Priority International Express.

All fat, all the time.
    CRC is always pretty fast for me.

Keep in mind you are shipping during a crazy busy holiday season.

Trail Gnome
    I don't want to make another post. What about the shipping time from Chainreactioncycles to the US? It seems that their free shipping is known to be SLOW because they are using P2P Trakpak. My rims now are stuck in Netherlands since the 21st. The package was shipping out using USPS Priority International Express.
    Shipping will be slow during the Holidays. Sometimes that $5 you save isnít really worth ordering from an overseas retailer? I used to use Blue Sky for Shimano stuff, but now I mainly order from Jenson, World Wide Cyclery, and Competitive Cyclist...they are all on it

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I've ordered a few dropper posts from them and always experienced fast shipping times and great customer service.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Shipping will be slow during the Holidays. Sometimes that $5 you save isnít really worth ordering from an overseas retailer? I used to use Blue Sky for Shimano stuff, but now I mainly order from Jenson, World Wide Cyclery, and Competitive Cyclist...they are all on it
    No...I saved more than $5 on a pair DT 462 rims.. Jenson is my go to place for gear generally. I think BlueSkyCycling could be my next one too....

Į\_(ツ)_/Į SuperModerator
    I have used Blue Sky in the past, but more recently have done online orders from Jenson for 2 reasons:
    ) Free Shipping
    ) They are physically only 60 miles from me, so everything arrives quickly.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Well, now, I am worrying about Trakpak...being used as a courier by Chain Reaction Cycles LOL LOL... Read tons of reviews on the courier..bad, bad, bad news. It appears the typical shipping time, regardless it is express or not, is 8 business days (not adding weekends) roughly over a week to two weeks..if the package does not get lost...

It appears Trakpak has a bad reputation for a while and yet CRC is still using them to ship their packages.....for a while too. I don't understand.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    How do you cross one finger? Not pleasant to imagine what that would require.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    How do you cross one finger? Not pleasant to imagine what that would require.
    I donít know but after backtracking to see what Finch was commenting on, lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

SS Pusher Man
    They are pretty close to me.....within about 30 miles. Some of the prices were good, but it seemed like shipping was high and sales tax, then shipping wasnít that quick. So it was just cheaper to order elsewhere.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.

Ebikes are not bicycles

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    They are pretty close to me.....within about 30 miles. Some of the prices were good, but it seemed like shipping was high and sales tax, then shipping wasnít that quick. So it was just cheaper to order elsewhere.

Overall I am pleased with Blue Sky Cycling since they shipped out my hubs using Fedex two days shipping...shipping from the West Coast...planning to order a set of Shimano m395 brakes soon...

mtbr member
    I have ordered several sets of Shimano brakes from them in the past. The prices were always good, and shipping was fairly quick.