opinions- Mtbr.com

Thread: opinions

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

opinions

What does anyone think about this $149US copy of the Schwinn S series bikes?

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we.../images/SM1000[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

beer *****es n' bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchtapeLoser

Walmart junk! The fake dual crown fork and $15 shimano mega range derailleur are dead give aways.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

bi-winning

Junk

[QUOTE=ScotchtapeLoser]What does anyone think about this $149US copy of the Schwinn S series bikes?

it's a piece of junk, what is there to think about?

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    That bike is awesome!!!!!

I want one!

banned
    Apr 2004

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooop

Apr 2004
    Its a copied design. Wonder if they had to pay a fee for it.. a simple URT. Similar to what the GT I-drive is based on. "sweet spot" design Giant, GT, Trek, Schwinn.. and any other Company with a URT use. The components look like junk, but the frame may be ok for moderate trail use. The Schwinn S series and the Trek Y were good bikes... if outdated now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Court PoZer
    Similar to what the GT I-drive is based on. .
    I doubt the BB revolves to keep chain length constant during compression

wayne

The Sentinel

I think...

...they'll sell a bunch of 'em, and make a ton of money. Ain't America great!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Apr 2004

URT designs

[QUOTE=wayneosdias]I doubt the BB revolves to keep chain length constant during compression

Actually, that is one of the benefits of using a unified rear triangle. This type of design is to isolate the rear suspension's effect on the drivetrain by placing the entire drivetrain on the swingarm itself. The components of the drivetrain move together as the suspension compresses and extends. This eliminates any chain reaction.

Another benefit/problem with this design is that the rider is standing on the swingarm. This is less of a problem when the rider is seated, but when going over larger obstacles, rough terrain, or technical sections, most riders stand up, causing the rear suspension to be almost useless. During sprinted or climbing out of the saddle, the suspension's lack of movement is considered a bonus, because standing on the swingarm basically locks the bike into a hardtail design.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Court PoZer]
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneosdias
    I doubt the BB revolves to keep chain length constant during compression

Actually, that is one of the benefits of using a unified rear triangle. This type of design is to isolate the rear suspension's effect on the drivetrain by placing the entire drivetrain on the swingarm itself. The components of the drivetrain move together as the suspension compresses and extends. This eliminates any chain reaction.

Another benefit/problem with this design is that the rider is standing on the swingarm. This is less of a problem when the rider is seated, but when going over larger obstacles, rough terrain, or technical sections, most riders stand up, causing the rear suspension to be almost useless. During sprinted or climbing out of the saddle, the suspension's lack of movement is considered a bonus, because standing on the swingarm basically locks the bike into a hardtail design.
    Your right about URT's, but the I-drive is not a true URT as the BB moves in relation to the BB shell and thats what I was calling to your attention. Also being a former owner of a Klien mantra, a true URT, I dont believe the design has any benefit, and is victim to chain reaction. Try rideing over a curb and the lack of give in the drive train actually throws the chain off the cogs causing a ghost shift or chain drop. I know your probably talking about pedal induced reaction, but you got to look at the whole picture.

wayne

mtbr member
    Is it carbon like the real ones?

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer9
    Is it carbon like the real ones?

For that price i doubt its carbon.. Probably Aluminum or maybe Steel. even if it was steel. It wouldnt weight that much. Probably 30 lbs most. Good weight for such a cheap bike. Most in that price range weigh 45+ lbs.

Jan 2004

Uh, is it just me, or does the rear wheel look...well, not quite round?

Apr 2004

Iz cheap

Its a scaled picture. what did you expect.. besides.. being that cheap, their inspection checks couldn't have been so tight. so its a cheap bike. not everyone can afford a $2000 bike. if he likes it. and its comfortable to him. who cares what the brand is.

Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm That is my first bike

111That is my first bike in my life and is that bike take me the bike world. even how suck it is, i had good memory with it. now i got better bike now, and this OLD B. still in my backyard for reatired and ya no matter how bad it is. it still my best bike.

this is my dark side said: [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike [email protected]@K this sh!T bike
    Attached Images Attached Images